Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What is your race of the season?
Australia 2 5.41%
Malaysia 0 0%
Bahrain 15 40.54%
China 0 0%
Spain 0 0%
Monaco 0 0%
Canada 3 8.11%
Austria 0 0%
Great Britain 2 5.41%
Germany 0 0%
Hungary 8 21.62%
Belgium 2 5.41%
Italy 1 2.70%
Singapore 0 0%
Japan 1 2.70%
Russia 0 0%
USA 3 8.11%
Brazil 0 0%
Abu Dhabi 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23 Dec 2014, 18:41 (Ref:3487454)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Race of the season

What is your race of the season?

As a reminder, here are videoclips of this season: http://www.formula1.com/video/race_edits/
Old 24 Dec 2014, 10:38 (Ref:3487644)   #2
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Silverstone, for the basic and selfish reason that I was there.
Old 24 Dec 2014, 12:08 (Ref:3487661)   #3
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Hungary closely followed by Canada and GB
Old 27 Dec 2014, 05:55 (Ref:3488043)   #4
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Australia, water to a parched throat.
Old 27 Dec 2014, 18:53 (Ref:3488127)   #5
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bahrain eventhough I dislike the circuit it produce it a great battle plus other incidents to show the new F1 could produce great entertainment and races to remember.
Old 1 Jan 2015, 11:49 (Ref:3489163)   #6
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ahh, no contest - Bahrain. I admit, I do find the place a bit clinical and soulless - but we had a battle of epic proportions on at there. Two teammates battles for the lead for most of the race. Lewis managing to keep Nico behind him on tyres with less grip, and PĂ©rez managing to get third place. I don't think that I gave it a high enough rating on here - it should have been a 9/10 or 10/10.

I suppose as a runner-up, it would have to be Suzuka. A wet race(the only one of the season) and another battle for the lead between the two Mercedes drivers. There was also some good battles further down the field - it's just a shame that it was marred by Jules' accident.
Old 1 Jan 2015, 11:56 (Ref:3489165)   #7
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hungary, closely followed by Bahrain and Monaco.
Old 1 Jan 2015, 16:19 (Ref:3489203)   #8
Maverick248
Rookie

France
Paris
Maverick248 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hungary for me, nice battles and and fantastic finish.
Old 5 Jan 2015, 12:40 (Ref:3490055)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bahrain. Hungary. USA.
Old 5 Jan 2015, 19:48 (Ref:3490145)   #10
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Spa for reasons that would only upset John Turner.
Old 6 Jan 2015, 19:28 (Ref:3490413)   #11
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's between Bahrain and Austin for me. I looked back at my scores in the 'rate the race' polls and I awarded both Grands Prix a ten.

Both have something strong going for them. Bahrain was a no-holds-barred battle between the eventual and even then inevitable championship pugilists. It was also the first really good race and reminded anyone who needed convincing that a one-team race for the drivers' title needn't make for a boring season.

Austin also had a Mercedes overtaking battle but so much else going on, plus it's a more entertaining track on which to appreciate the cars, particularly the Esses. The Alonso and Button tussle and Vergne, Grosjean, Button and Vettel made for something spectacular. Hamilton pulled off a much less muscular and polished move here too when compared to Bahrain.

Austin it is.
Old 8 Jan 2015, 02:32 (Ref:3490874)   #12
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bahrain.
Old 8 Jan 2015, 16:27 (Ref:3490998)   #13
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

You see, now, just by mentioning Bahrain in that post, bjohnsonsmith, you've made me almost regret my choice. Bahrain thrilled me more and just made me jump and shout "watch this" to my neighbours if they were within earshot, but I also feel that Austin was a better race 'overall', in terms of all aspects of the race, not just the lead battle. So I suppose my choice was a head VS heart scenario in which the head won out. Both were excellent races.

Sometimes I think that the the focus on what F1 has become, what it should be and never-ending debates about purity VS "the show" obfuscate our appeciation of great contemporary races. Without wanting to dilute the precisely-applied use of a word like 'great' and with a desire to use the world to express the idea of something very good, Bahrain and Austin 2014 were both great races. If we look outside our boundaries of what we're deciding F1 should be and how it has in some ways gone wrong, Bahrain and Austin were great Grands Prix.
Old 14 Jan 2015, 20:49 (Ref:3492858)   #14
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Would've went Japan if not for Bianchi. But, Vettel's tryout for WRC in T1 at Monza wins.
Old 18 Jan 2015, 16:59 (Ref:3493847)   #15
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I voted for Austin, I was there of course.
Old 21 Jan 2015, 08:23 (Ref:3494706)   #16
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
It is a tough call, but I am going to go with Hungary. I recall that being a blinder, which was not exactly to be expected.
Old 24 Jan 2015, 04:58 (Ref:3495864)   #17
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Japan as is the most tragic race of the season.