Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 24 Jun 2006, 18:18 (Ref:1640423)   #126
Grandslammer
Veteran

Wales
Grandslammer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer
He was running second for a while then pulled off,steve turvey did well in his combe based subrau though,enjoyed the race too would have been better if you and Al turned up...never mind
Nick Williamson clipped the tyre barrier going through the Bobbies chicane
Old 24 Jun 2006, 19:45 (Ref:1640457)   #127
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V
What happened to Richard Brent (205 GTI 90) gixxer? Seems he only did 1 lap.
Or any of the other DNF.
Apart from the above nothing stopped that i'd seen where we were Eddy so can't help you sorry

Rod made some really nice comments about combe glad the drivers so far are enjoying the weekend
Old 24 Jun 2006, 20:30 (Ref:1640492)   #128
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
No sorry Gixxer I am going to Rockingham tomorrow but I have literally just finished working on the car and loading up and I was out there at 8.30 so I think it was just as well. Trying a load of new stuff tomorrow as well (have a spare ticket Rob if you want it infact a pair and a car pass as there are too many soccer fans in my crew).
Old 24 Jun 2006, 21:46 (Ref:1640529)   #129
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
No sorry Gixxer I am going to Rockingham tomorrow but I have literally just finished working on the car and loading up and I was out there at 8.30 so I think it was just as well. Trying a load of new stuff tomorrow as well (have a spare ticket Rob if you want it infact a pair and a car pass as there are too many soccer fans in my crew).
Got a feeling the crowd attendace is going to be down compared to recent years with all this footie going on,the crowd was very poor for a combe meeting maybe tomorrow will be a different story.

Best of luck at the rock Al
Old 24 Jun 2006, 22:07 (Ref:1640545)   #130
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Yep there you go football rules I guess, only using the meeting to try a few mods out and get a feel for the place.
Old 24 Jun 2006, 22:41 (Ref:1640566)   #131
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What football!
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 25 Jun 2006, 19:05 (Ref:1641002)   #132
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Didn't make it to see any racing unfortunately, was a shame - couldn't hear cars from where I was today! Hope it didn't rain too much at the circuit.

Carvery last night was good, made it to that part....thanks everyone!
Old 25 Jun 2006, 19:12 (Ref:1641010)   #133
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Yeah crowds were down a bit, what a shame the place could be so good but all those empty stands and just 9 SCCA cars (8 now after one was totalled into the wall of Turn 4).

SO who won anyhow?
Old 25 Jun 2006, 19:23 (Ref:1641023)   #134
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rod won yesterday...and Les rearranged his fiesta with a coming together with a mini cooper as well...name escapes me, apologies! Pretty much all I know / remember from last night - been a long couple of days!
Old 25 Jun 2006, 19:37 (Ref:1641032)   #135
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rod - pole and two wins

Great drives by Williamson and Brent from the back today, Nick finishing 2nd.
Richard broke down in qualifying and again in race one.
Andy Wickens rearranged his Cossie in race 2
Smart won class B
Hargreaves class C
Pye D
Brent E
Old 25 Jun 2006, 19:46 (Ref:1641038)   #136
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Thanks guys, so my £20 quid was safe then!
Old 25 Jun 2006, 20:44 (Ref:1641084)   #137
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes Al, I kept your wager safe!!!
Richard Brent had distributor trouble on Saturday, but flew today. Real close battle between Ashley Hargreaves and Richard Gane which Ash won twice and got driver of the day. Good atmosphere and reasonable size crowd considering that other distraction in Germasny. At least it made the journey home easy with quiet roads, and a quiet M25 for once!
A "local" did win class E on Saturday, and he was driving a Mini ( he kept asking where Bill richards was). Rest of the news will be in the usual place tomorrow evening.
Old 25 Jun 2006, 20:59 (Ref:1641101)   #138
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Darn, I should have been there.
Sounds like I missed a few good things.
Old 25 Jun 2006, 21:06 (Ref:1641106)   #139
Grandslammer
Veteran

Wales
Some excellent racing from the locals and visitors,good weather for the most part and also nice to meet Chezza at last .
Old 25 Jun 2006, 22:46 (Ref:1641186)   #140
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was a great weekend. I like combe, must make plans to go back again! I particularly like the way they do a lap of honour with the drivers followed by their cars. Makes a bit more of a "show" of things. Oh and I can't not mention the coach ride. Fantastic!!!

Great racing guys and girls...its nice to be able to say that, I hope we see some more girlies out soon!

There were some fantastic driving displays and the social side of things was great. I just hope those who systained damage aren't too bad.

Thank you for another great weekend everyone.
Old 26 Jun 2006, 08:25 (Ref:1641366)   #141
Flat Out Farr
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Denham, Bedfordshire
Flat Out Farr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thoroughly enjoyed the race on Saturday and the craic in the paddock.
Did the Mini driver recover from his visit by the B19 Mafia?!? (lol) Very frustrated at not being on the track with you all. Very impressed with Combe. Must race there ASAP as it looks the biz. Hope SUnday's race was good.
Nice to see younger racers and a lady in with us. Hope they realised that all us old gits are quite user friendly and only here for a good day out.
Old 26 Jun 2006, 08:58 (Ref:1641404)   #142
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
Both Gavin Bristow (Mini) and Les Beer raced on Sunday. Les received a lot of help from Alex Ribbens who straightened the bent bits.
Old 26 Jun 2006, 09:43 (Ref:1641440)   #143
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Birley
Yes Al, I kept your wager safe!!!
Richard Brent had distributor trouble on Saturday, but flew today. Real close battle between Ashley Hargreaves and Richard Gane which Ash won twice and got driver of the day. Good atmosphere and reasonable size crowd considering that other distraction in Germasny. At least it made the journey home easy with quiet roads, and a quiet M25 for once!
A "local" did win class E on Saturday, and he was driving a Mini ( he kept asking where Bill richards was). Rest of the news will be in the usual place tomorrow evening.
So does a class win count then Al??

Really enjoyed both races Russel and tony's mighty scrap was awesome it was good to see the locals mixing it very well with the usual competers in the DTRC,its a shame we'll only see you chaps once, maybe next year???

The crowd was well down on a usual combe meeting which was a shame cause they missed some excellent racing....i know the whole package will grow afterall its not a year old yet but it still needs work hopefully it'll return next year
Old 26 Jun 2006, 09:54 (Ref:1641451)   #144
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
The spectators I spoke to thought some of the races were too long.
Old 26 Jun 2006, 10:00 (Ref:1641458)   #145
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
No sorry Gixxer, overall only! Were the races longer than usual Rod or was that a tounge in cheek comment?
Old 26 Jun 2006, 10:34 (Ref:1641498)   #146
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anybody have any photos online yet?
Old 26 Jun 2006, 11:53 (Ref:1641553)   #147
grichie87
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Kingsdown
grichie87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A Good Time Had By All@ Castle Combe

Some pics to be found at http://www.adrenalinphotography.com/
Borris
Old 26 Jun 2006, 12:35 (Ref:1641580)   #148
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I suspect they are talking about the radical/mini/ginetta races.

I expect they like me like a short sharp sprint race thats relatively easy to follow even with people being lapped. I had no idea what was going on in the enduro radical race, especially once they'd had pitstops.
Old 26 Jun 2006, 12:57 (Ref:1641602)   #149
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Oh right well then yes I agree 100% as we had this in the CTRCC earlier in the season at Snetterton in a Dunlop Briish thingy and sorry those Radicals were dead boring, 40 laps (IMHO) was way too many around any track let alone Snett. I think they need a bit of shaping up at these Dunlop meetings as they are nearly good but not quite right.
Old 26 Jun 2006, 13:10 (Ref:1641616)   #150
Grandslammer
Veteran

Wales
Not a bad package,although 4 sessions (minis,ginettas,bi-duros,30 mins and enduros, 40 mins) of free testing on Saturday morning was IMHO slightly OTT
More DTRC at Combe would be welcomed