Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 9 Jul 2016, 14:54 (Ref:3657817)   #1
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
British/Belgium Rallycross 16th-17th July Maasmechelen

From the British Rallycross Website, looks like this meeting is over 2 days with Practice at 4pm on Saturday follow by first heats.

I'm having trouble understanding the circuit website.

Does anybody know the price for spectating Saturday/Sunday?

Looks like there is a "regional rallycross" on the Saturday? Does anybody know the times and entry list for this.

Thanks for any help. Just trying to work out if a trip to go watch is viable.
Old 9 Jul 2016, 21:13 (Ref:3657883)   #2
WJM
Racer

Netherlands
WJM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entrylist Regional and National and British:

http://www.duivelsbergcircuit.be/201...sbk-1617-juli/

Timing in Maasmechelen can be summarized as from dawn till dusk

The price for spectating is 10 euro per day plus parking fee.
Old 10 Jul 2016, 18:03 (Ref:3658106)   #3
ClintonRX
Rookie

England
Nr Ashford
ClintonRX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Stephen
I have been to a couple of Maasmechelen events, the last one being in September last year and I can echo WJM's comments in as much as it is all day racing virtually & it only cost 10 Euros to get in. Parking in the field immediately adjacent the circuit cost 3 Euro. The event I saw was a combined Belgium & German RX round and it was all done on the Sunday, I'm almost certain. I have never been to a Belgium Regional RX event on the Saturday before.
I personally like the circuit and probably find it more entertaining (in terms of racing) than most, if not all, of the French circuits I have been to. I'm fortunate enough to live only 12 minutes drive from the Eurotunnel terminal, so quite convenient for both Championships. Also I have been "adopted" by one of the French teams, but that is another story.
It usually takes me about 3 hours to get from Calais to the circuit on the motorways, but if you want a hotel in the vicinity there is the Afrit28 just off junction 28 of the motorway that passes Maasmechelen (can't recall the motorway name off the top of my head), but it's about 20-25 minutes from the circuit I think. I used it about 3 weeks ago when visiting Zolder for motorbike racing. Functional & clean with a reasonable breakfast & only about 2 minutes from the motorway.
I hope some of this is useful.
Old 11 Jul 2016, 14:47 (Ref:3658316)   #4
WJM
Racer

Netherlands
WJM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They Always do some practise Saturday afternoon after the regional. I don't think they will do first heats on Saturday, or maybe only for a few British-only classes.
Old 14 Jul 2016, 20:24 (Ref:3658855)   #5
Hampton Caught
Racer

England
Hampton Caught should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the local knowledge, guys. All very helpful.

I'm getting to the circuit late Friday afternoon and had been wondering what was going to be happening on Saturday before the British practice and first heats from 4pm. Now I know and now I'm even more pleased to be there for the whole of Saturday's action. Sweet!

I'll be with the retro Rallycross boys with my rallycross model display. Hoping JosSterkens will be there as I've just finished a minitaure of his Volvo C30. Lovely looking car, that.

Cheers, Steve