Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 27 Aug 2016, 07:29 (Ref:3667795)   #51
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
Samwhk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Man, what a battle! That was a bloody exciting 10-odd laps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 27 Aug 2016, 08:10 (Ref:3667797)   #52
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting race between Mr Whincup & Mr van Gisbergen
It was close but you get the feeling that if it was someone else being chased there would be lots more braille on the bumper

Where were PRA??
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 27 Aug 2016, 08:13 (Ref:3667800)   #53
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
What a day! Sunshine and blue sky. Circuit looking a treat. 3 hours of GT racing.

Great to see we are focusing on the enjoyable things
35 minutes and counting, haven't moved an inch out of the joint...
Old 27 Aug 2016, 08:19 (Ref:3667801)   #54
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
?

Happy to report that I can hardly smell anything today, got a nice whiff of it yesterday though, nice fragrant bouquet haha
The pong is still there, even now. Having been based in 2 major businesses a stone's throw from the circuit, the aromatic pungence is a familiar and unwelcome friend
Old 27 Aug 2016, 09:33 (Ref:3667811)   #55
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What a facility. Turned it on today and didn't the fans enjoy it.

Supporting motorsport 365 days a year. Don't get too much of that elsewhere in Sydney do we.

We are the lucky ones GTR
Old 27 Aug 2016, 22:45 (Ref:3667924)   #56
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very good race.

But did I miss an announcement this week? - according to Crompton, winning the Saturday race at Sydney Motorsport Park is now the "ultimate prize".

Jeez, I thought wing Bathurst might have been up there, but I guess not.
Old 28 Aug 2016, 01:37 (Ref:3667944)   #57
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Interestingly, one of the causes of the delay were the two Red Bull promotional ladies at the exit, stopping cars to give away free product...

Old 28 Aug 2016, 03:54 (Ref:3667964)   #58
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Interestingly, one of the causes of the delay were the two Red Bull promotional ladies at the exit, stopping cars to give away free product...

Geez, Erebus wouldn't stand for those kind of shenanigans.
Old 28 Aug 2016, 10:23 (Ref:3667996)   #59
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
harsh penalty on moffat i reckon

We have see much worse than that given significantly less penalties

too put it in context, that was a 50 point penalty when SVG lost only one place
Old 28 Aug 2016, 10:45 (Ref:3668002)   #60
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very ordinary race today.
Old 28 Aug 2016, 10:56 (Ref:3668004)   #61
old fart
Racer

Australia
a racetrack -wish it was Mt Panorama.
old fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridold fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Did you try turning the ignition on-usually helps!!
Seriously I had no problems at all when I left but that most likely some time after you.
No problems today as a lot decamped as soon as the Supercar race had finished-they missed an interesting and rather carnage free combined Porsche pro driver race.
Old 28 Aug 2016, 10:56 (Ref:3668005)   #62
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Tekno running out of fuel was weird. The car didnt look good too often this weekend.
Old 28 Aug 2016, 11:00 (Ref:3668006)   #63
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Should we change the Supersprint events to 3 100km races? One Saturday, two Sunday? Just as we did around 10-12 years ago?

The 60km races were obviously too short, but the 100km races seem to be about right.
Old 28 Aug 2016, 11:09 (Ref:3668007)   #64
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Tekno running out of fuel was weird. The car didnt look good too often this weekend.
Odd. Normally they're on the ball.
Old 28 Aug 2016, 11:30 (Ref:3668016)   #65
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Odd. Normally they're on the ball.
Especially with the 888 resources in the pitstop process now..
Old 28 Aug 2016, 11:46 (Ref:3668020)   #66
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
[VASC16R22R23] Red Rooster SMP SuperSprint:26-28Aug

Quote:
Originally Posted by old fart View Post
Did you try turning the ignition on-usually helps!!

Seriously I had no problems at all when I left but that most likely some time after you.

No problems today as a lot decamped as soon as the Supercar race had finished-they missed an interesting and rather carnage free combined Porsche pro driver race.

I had no problems getting out within minutes both days, pleasantly surprised there. Was pretty tired hence why I left straight after the V8 race today. Wasn't as thrilling as a race as yesterday's-now that was edge of your seat stuff. The 86s were good again too. Maybe it's just me but I found the Asia Carrera Cup races more interesting then the Aussie championships. Raggi kept on trying to outbrake people into turn two and spinning. Good show.

So glad the pizza dude was at Turn 5. Some decent food if you don't want something that was deep fried.
Old 28 Aug 2016, 23:47 (Ref:3668264)   #67
Terry S
Racer

Terry S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Are they missing Steve Hallam more than they realised?
Old 29 Aug 2016, 00:26 (Ref:3668275)   #68
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
Are they missing Steve Hallam more than they realised?
Quite possibly... on top of a budget challenge with Darrell Lea's support said to be less than in previous season..
Old 29 Aug 2016, 04:07 (Ref:3668313)   #69
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Presumably Tekno failed to account for the fuel burn in the second formation lap.
Old 29 Aug 2016, 07:30 (Ref:3668332)   #70
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Wow! The tip is certainly in full pong today!
Quote:
You post snide & sarcastic remarks towards anyone who dares criticise Supercars in any way, shape or form, yet you seem to think it is ok to take aim Sydney Motorsport Park.......
Old 31 Aug 2016, 00:44 (Ref:3668708)   #71
Terry S
Racer

Terry S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I personally thought Sunday's race was very boring. And spectators must have been very sick of Porsches by the end of the day.

There were 4 races on Sunday for these, totalling about 80 minutes. So much for variety and encouraging punters to come back.
Old 31 Aug 2016, 04:15 (Ref:3668740)   #72
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Eastern Creek always seemed to get a raw deal with support classes.

I think the support card was good however the scheduling where 75% of the fan base weren't in the building to see the 3 hour GT race.

Understand that there were restraints however the GT guys being all run and done by 11am on Saturday morning I felt didnt service the event well.
Old 1 Sep 2016, 09:16 (Ref:3668886)   #73
leothedrummer
Racer

leothedrummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Should we change the Supersprint events to 3 100km races? One Saturday, two Sunday? Just as we did around 10-12 years ago?

The 60km races were obviously too short, but the 100km races seem to be about right.
I don't think these car suit shorter races. The field is so incredibly close on pace that a short race doesn't give anyone enough time to do anything.

I do think that the 200km races suffer a bit from the manufactured nature of the pitstops. If they were to happen naturally, either through genuine fuel or tyre requirements, I feel that would improve both the sport and the show.
Old 7 Sep 2016, 05:06 (Ref:3670681)   #74
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Story Here