Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Mar 2009, 21:45 (Ref:2422253)   #26
paydirt
Racer

paydirt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Skaife's effort during the telecast was, at best, appalling.
For someone with his experience & knowledge he could have done A LOT better.
I really felt for Neil Crompton as he had to continually try & keep the juvenile comments between Skaife & Matt White to a minimum.
Matt White would say something stupid, then Skaife would carry on like 'Giggling Gurty', then Crompton would have to get things back on track in his usual professional manner.
Painful, utterly painful.
Oh, did I mention that Baretta, White & Skaife should be sacked.......IMMEDIATELY.
Old 22 Mar 2009, 22:04 (Ref:2422263)   #27
Wrighty05
Veteran

Australia
Wrighty05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by paydirt View Post
Skaife's effort during the telecast was, at best, appalling.
For someone with his experience & knowledge he could have done A LOT better.
I really felt for Neil Crompton as he had to continually try & keep the juvenile comments between Skaife & Matt White to a minimum.
Matt White would say something stupid, then Skaife would carry on like 'Giggling Gurty', then Crompton would have to get things back on track in his usual professional manner.
Painful, utterly painful.
Oh, did I mention that Baretta, White & Skaife should be sacked.......IMMEDIATELY.

Billy is that you?
"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

RIP Peter Brock. 1945-2006
Old 22 Mar 2009, 23:59 (Ref:2422341)   #28
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
That sounds more like the regular Billy!!

On one other note, was I the only person who was rapt to see Larko's whiteboard back for 09?? Forget the tech centre Larko's at the cutting edge!!

And Beretts is not that bad, he's better then Matty White.
Old 23 Mar 2009, 00:21 (Ref:2422346)   #29
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
"Is that Ingall in the back in drag?!?"
Old 23 Mar 2009, 01:51 (Ref:2422377)   #30
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Can i get a few more points for being positive towards Skaife? It's a first in 10 years, give me a break!
Old 23 Mar 2009, 03:35 (Ref:2422412)   #31
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Skaife was acutally really good, which isn't surprising really, given his acquired knowledge and insight into racing.

Whoever said he was a hopeless driver is insane. Whatever his faults and failings, the guy was, until the very recent past, a superb race driver. Yes he had the best machinery for good parts of his career, but he made the most of it and, when he didn't he still gave it everything he had and didn't just sulk about it.

He is also supremely intelligent, has had extensive media training (courtesy of Mr G. Gibson) so anything less would have been disappointing.

That said - can he stop calling Neil 'Crompo'. Schoolyard nicknames are pathetic in a commentary box. I hate them.

And the giggling and crap that went on, would really have been better without it.

But that said, I like Matt White & Crompton, Skaife adds something to that mix and isn't afraid to say his piece.

Get rid of Beretta, he's absolutely shocking. He was actually worse than Daniel Gibson (who I'm also glad to see the back of).
Old 23 Mar 2009, 03:55 (Ref:2422417)   #32
Mr Walker
Rookie

Australia
Mr Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bigtime View Post
Can i get a few more points for being positive towards Skaife? It's a first in 10 years, give me a break!
While watching Saturdays coverage I heard Skaife say, "Gee, isn't that a great paint scheme" about the HRT car. I expected to get on here today and see MS copping a roasting. Thankfully he hasn't. Well done Billy. Well done Mark Skaife.

And by the way, he was right - the HRT cars did look good.

As for 'Matty' White - there's a reason we have gun laws in Australia...
Do we really have to have his sole voice for the last half lap, getting more emotive, louder and more 'guttral' the closer the leader gets to the finish line. I'm assuming that the protocol is that he gets to call that bit (or does he turn off everyone else's microphones?!) Wake up Matt, the guy who won this weeks race didn't just save the world - save the bull**** for when something amazing really does happen.
Old 23 Mar 2009, 04:31 (Ref:2422425)   #33
Dobbo89
Rookie

Australia
Mayfield
Dobbo89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you guys are blaming the wrong people, blaming the messengers. How long is it going to be before Mr Beretta comes out with something like.... " I'm glad you mentioned ***sie, I am in the pits having a chat with chief engineer ****o' of car number **, ***sie' and he said just two wedensdays ago they had a flat tyre in their rental car on the way to a test session, and ***sie, said to ****o, we can learn from this, how about in the next race we not run over anything sharp! and true to his word, only 3 laps down and in 23rd place, he is in a commanding position to win this race."

Enzo Ferrari
Old 23 Mar 2009, 11:27 (Ref:2422622)   #34
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm waiting for Marks complimentary email. Considering our past conversations, I might have to wait a while
Old 24 Mar 2009, 00:31 (Ref:2423221)   #35
Red Tape
Rookie

Red Tape should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
YUK!!!!

get rid of him
Old 24 Mar 2009, 03:07 (Ref:2423296)   #36
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Get rid of Matthew White, he has no idea and I'm sick of all the shouting. Skaife was good but could do better, if he were to ease off on the joking around, give him time, i'm sure he'll improve. Larko is brilliant, keep him for sure.
Old 24 Mar 2009, 09:07 (Ref:2423402)   #37
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Skaife, Crompton, White and "thermo gun" Larko made a good team for the Clipsal.

I enjoyed Steve Johnson and Aroon Noonan race calling as well.

The only thing I found annoying was they camera work when they did the driver and race engineer introductions.
Old 24 Mar 2009, 11:19 (Ref:2423494)   #38
Aarrgh8
Veteran

Aarrgh8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Tape View Post
YUK!!!!

get rid of him
billy or Red Tape?