Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 2 Nov 2012, 09:08 (Ref:3161483)   #1
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Contest - 2012

Is it that time of the year ALREADY????

www.Ten-Tenths.com Photo Of The Year 2012
  • The competition is open to all registered users of Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forum.
  • There is one "class", with no distinction between pro/am photographers.
  • Each user may submit a maximum of two motorsport related photographs.
  • Photographs to be submitted by 30th November 2012.
  • Photographs previously submitted for Photo Of The Year 2007 - 2011 may not be resubmitted.
  • Photographs will be presented anonymously and in random order.
  • Voting will start around 1st December and will finish on 31st December.
  • Photograph with the most votes will be named Photo Of The Year and will win a prize.
  • In the event of a tie, the photograph with the most staff votes will win, if this is still a tie then the site owners will decide on the winner.
  • All photographs must be taken by the entrant.
  • By submitting your photograph you agree to allow Ten-Tenths to use the image for future promotion of the competition and/or site: We intend to use the pictures on the Ten-Tenths website, in a gallery, for the purposes of the contest and also leave them online for future viewing. We may rotate them randomly on various pages of the site. We may use them to promote the existance of the contest on other websites associated or run by Ten-Tenths.
  • There is no age limit on the submitted photograph, it doesn't have to be taken in 2012 to be considered.
  • Photographs must be submitted in a high resolution format (at least 1024x768)
  • Post-processing and "photoshopping" are permitted.
  • Photographs must not have any visible "watermark", website name or logo of the photographer.
  • Normal content rules regarding content also apply to this contest, so if you wouldn't want your kid to see it, don't submit it.
  • Entry acceptance is at the sole discretion of the site owners.
  • You may withdraw a photograph from the contest at any time before the close of entries but will not be allowed to submit a replacement.
  • Any future clarification posts will be made to this thread before the close of entries.
How to Submit:
Send an e-mail with a maximum of two attachments to photo2012@ten-tenths.com you don't have to enter both photographs at the same time but both need to be in before 30th November 2012. You need to include your real name, postal address & forum nickname. Photographs should include a caption or title, and also a little about the photograph.

By entering you agree that:
  • You personally took the photograph you are submitting.
  • You accept all infringement of copyright liability if you did NOT take the photograph.
  • You accept all infringement of copyright and IP liability with respect to Ten-Tenths for the purposes listed above.
Prize will be a trophy and 1 year "subscriber" membership of Ten-Tenths.

I look forward to seeing your entries and good luck!

If you require any further clarifications please feel free to PM me or send an e-mail to the submissions address.
Old 3 Nov 2012, 05:04 (Ref:3161771)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Done.

Good luck everyone.
Old 3 Nov 2012, 09:27 (Ref:3161812)   #3
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I expect to take he winning picture any day now!

Hard luck everyone.

Bauble.

Last edited by bauble; 3 Nov 2012 at 09:28. Reason: To put two n's in wining.
Old 16 Nov 2012, 17:29 (Ref:3167150)   #4
jimasaurus
Rookie

jimasaurus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's out there somewhere!
Old 27 Nov 2012, 22:23 (Ref:3172350)   #5
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Just after getting my entry in. Really looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up. Hadnt seen this thread until last year and was amazed at the quality of some of the entries
Old 3 Dec 2012, 17:40 (Ref:3174673)   #6
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Entries have been uploaded and voting is now open:

http://gallery.ten-tenths.com/showgallery.php/cat/549

The "Slide Show" version is here:

http://animoto.com/play/laYG1mlCMFfLRiYxsZPJ2g
Old 3 Dec 2012, 20:27 (Ref:3174722)   #7
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
wow some really nice shots. well done to all the photographers
Old 4 Dec 2012, 09:07 (Ref:3174906)   #8
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Some cracking photos there. I really should take the rest of mine off the memory cards at some point
Old 4 Dec 2012, 09:22 (Ref:3174918)   #9
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
I was going to enter but was too late! lol :P
Old 5 Dec 2012, 08:12 (Ref:3175268)   #10
frostie
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Some very nice shots in there from everyone and it's always good to see the range of sports that are being shot. Everything from small local series to sportscars and F1! Good luck everyone!
Old 5 Dec 2012, 18:57 (Ref:3175465)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
I was going to enter but was too late! lol :P
When I first looked, I thought it meant that you'd taken them all and were the only entrant........
Old 6 Dec 2012, 17:40 (Ref:3175856)   #12
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
David Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can't believe I missed it - but then being made redundant kinda makes you forgetful

Some really impressive work there guys n gals (I presume we have some female togs here?)

.DAVID.

You can sleep in a car BUT you can't race a house!!!
Old 6 Dec 2012, 20:06 (Ref:3175900)   #13
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Stallard View Post
Can't believe I missed it - but then being made redundant kinda makes you forgetful

.DAVID.
That's a bummer David. It's that time of year though. Does focus the mind on certain matters to the detriment of almost everything else.

Good luck with searching for something new.
Old 9 Dec 2012, 11:49 (Ref:3176764)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yup good luck David. I will be in the same position come 1st Jan.
Old 9 Dec 2012, 12:03 (Ref:3176765)   #15
yesnomaybe
Racer

yesnomaybe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there is an MSV photo comp for people who missed the deadline for this one, not many votes yet, more promo needed?
Old 3 Jan 2013, 13:23 (Ref:3184202)   #16
rallyloverke
Racer

rallyloverke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice photos was, hard to choose one. But it seems to me there are not many votes
Old 3 Jan 2013, 14:20 (Ref:3184218)   #17
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
And the winner is:

http://gallery.ten-tenths.com/showphoto.php/photo/2335/

"This photo was taken at this year's Italian Moto2 Grand Prix. Esteve Rabat had been running inside the top ten when he crashed at San Lorenzo. My other photos from the crash are quite spectacular but this shot is my favourite from the sequence because we get an insight into the riders heart and soul by seeing his reaction and the mental pain that he has from the accident. Rabat was uninjured in the crash but the mental scars and the strain of racing on the limit that all riders and drivers feel are perfectly illustrated by the Spaniard in the immediate aftermath of his accident."

So our congratulations to "frostie" who wins the title, the subscription and a trophy will be despatched in due course!
Old 3 Jan 2013, 14:23 (Ref:3184219)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Excellent choice. Well done frostie.
Old 3 Jan 2013, 14:30 (Ref:3184222)   #19
frostie
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
Yippeee! Thanks guys!
Old 3 Jan 2013, 14:58 (Ref:3184225)   #20
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
nice one frostie, that's a great shot
Old 3 Jan 2013, 15:28 (Ref:3184231)   #21
rallyloverke
Racer

rallyloverke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
congratulations! this picture is superb indeed and really shows the feelings , when you watch the photo, you feel the same as he does :-)

I am happy with my shots and want to thank the people who gave my jumping foust 4 votes.

And to all the people who have sent this fine mixture of photos : it is great to see different kind of pictures from so many different kind of motorsports. I guess that's what the organisers wanted to reach? :-)
Old 3 Jan 2013, 16:19 (Ref:3184242)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
congratulations Frostie.
Old 4 Jan 2013, 22:34 (Ref:3184836)   #23
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yeah congrats. didnt even need to read the description because that image really does speak for itself.
Old 4 Jan 2013, 22:51 (Ref:3184861)   #24
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great photo frostie, well done
Old 4 Jan 2013, 22:58 (Ref:3184871)   #25
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, I just caught this through the home-page. Fantastic photo!
Congrats!