Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 2 Nov 2009, 22:36 (Ref:2574501)   #76
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No surprise, ratings plummeted and the clowns the run the sport are running the propaganda machine again. Not worth posting articles.
Old 4 Nov 2009, 03:45 (Ref:2575333)   #77
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
glad i spent most of this race listening to MRN and caulking my bathtub.
not sure which i enjoyed more.
can't wait for the Daytona 500
when does the 12 hours of Sebring start?
136 days. Wanna go? I guess the IRL at Barber is out per my ***** session in that forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by race aficionado View Post
Once I start learning more about this sport, I'll start *****ing like the rest of you.
It won't take you too long.
Old 4 Nov 2009, 03:49 (Ref:2575336)   #78
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloysius View Post
I don;t understand how anyone can say that was a bad race. Sure, 1/3 was dull single file, but the other 2/3 were pure action. Personally I love plate racing. It is just about the only thing in nascar that gets me as excited as open wheel racing. It is pure action and wonderful spectacle. It's all luck and driver skill, and it is amazing to watch.
My drive to work is more intense. However, we go 5 wide and wreck more often. They also incourage us not to bump in the corners.

That race sucked man. At least it's a shell of it's former self. I hate to sound like some the the jaded old men in the sportscar forums, but its just not the same anymore... but I'll keep watching. I always do.
Old 4 Nov 2009, 14:56 (Ref:2575653)   #79
chris bailey
Racer

chris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridchris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Be fair, gentlemen! Over here, we're brought up on a diet of F1, where overtaking another car once is a major event. Although I only get a "highlights" style presentation of NASCAR on FreeView TV in the UK, I am glued to the action from start to finish every time. Even the restrictor plate races are good to watch, just for the tension it creates. Amazing series!!
Old 4 Nov 2009, 20:21 (Ref:2575843)   #80
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going to back Chris up on that statement... when you are raised watching F1... or what is a shadow of the former F1... then Nascar is very interesting and exciting!

I'm involved in Formula Vee and with the greatest respect to F1, watching ANY Vee or Formula Ford race is better than a full season of F1. Maybe the new F1 should be Vee's or Fords or something... but not the borefest it is!

So good on ya Nascar... and JPM for taking fans with him!

Last edited by av8rirl; 4 Nov 2009 at 20:22. Reason: To capitalise "ANY"... because "any" just doesn't say it!
Old 4 Nov 2009, 21:36 (Ref:2575904)   #81
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Hey, I never said that I was quitting Nascar, I'm just scaling back.
Old 4 Nov 2009, 23:20 (Ref:2575984)   #82
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Although I only get a "highlights" style presentation of NASCAR on FreeView TV in the UK, I am glued to the action from start to finish every time.
Do you watch it on Channel 5 too? In a 50 minute-hour programme it's inevitable large chunks will be cut, but I'd prefer to see smaller quantities of a greater propotion of the race. As it is, we can suddenly go from Lap 135 to Lap 180 or something.
Old 5 Nov 2009, 16:44 (Ref:2576466)   #83
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Do you watch it on Channel 5 too? In a 50 minute-hour programme it's inevitable large chunks will be cut, but I'd prefer to see smaller quantities of a greater propotion of the race. As it is, we can suddenly go from Lap 135 to Lap 180 or something.
Each race takes several hours....each season 36 races...no TV coverage for me so have to download races on Monday, Tuesday or even Wednesday...to avoid race results I can't visit certain websites until I have seen the race....it's not easy to be a NASCAR fan.
Old 5 Nov 2009, 19:10 (Ref:2576556)   #84
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
I would say MRN, but I don't think you can listen directly from their site.
Old 5 Nov 2009, 19:28 (Ref:2576569)   #85
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Nope
Old 5 Nov 2009, 19:32 (Ref:2576575)   #86
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
well that idea got **** on. Wait, NAscar's site has an MRN link for racetime, but I think you need to join the site, AND pay to get it.
Old 5 Nov 2009, 20:56 (Ref:2576613)   #87
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
^yeah, and that is BS.
they just started that this year.
last year, i could set in front of the computer and listen to MRN, check t&s on nascar and actually watch the other races going on a Sunday.
gotta spend money on top of money these days and times are tough.
Old 6 Nov 2009, 05:57 (Ref:2576819)   #88
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Thankfully, a radio station in my range carries MRN, but the reception is poor. What I would suggest is to search for radio stations that carry MRN, and see if you can listen to the station on the internet.
Old 6 Nov 2009, 08:39 (Ref:2576862)   #89
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With a little luck one can usually find a local MRN affiliate that streams online for the current race, but they can be a bit hard to find though. Well, used to be anyway, been a while since I listened to MRN since I get the races on TV with US commentary these days (used to listen to MRN when we had to live with Swedish commentary).

Sadly enough the stream off those local MRN affiliates ALWAYS had 10 times better sound quality compared to the one you pay for at NASCAR.com. Never really understood that, but I guess NASCAR prefers to be as cheap as possible.
Old 6 Nov 2009, 17:10 (Ref:2577125)   #90
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
I would try to send over the link to the station that I use to get MRN, but I fear it would be deleted. IF you PM me, I could give it.