Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 10 Aug 2009, 18:05 (Ref:2518996)   #51
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah that was pretty nasty, especially the hits Hornish Jr. took.
Old 10 Aug 2009, 18:09 (Ref:2519004)   #52
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
huge!
Old 10 Aug 2009, 18:13 (Ref:2519006)   #53
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
By the way, that right there is where the CoT is proving its worth. Those hits could easily have resulted in injuries had it happened 10 years ago.
Old 10 Aug 2009, 18:38 (Ref:2519027)   #54
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
And we're finally back underway. Kyle Busch lost the lead to Stewart right away on the restart. Ambrose is running third.
Old 10 Aug 2009, 18:40 (Ref:2519030)   #55
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Ambrose up to second.
Old 10 Aug 2009, 18:43 (Ref:2519032)   #56
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Caution out again.

Edit - Restart coming up. Probably won't be the last one tonight.

Edit #2 - Great racing now.
Old 10 Aug 2009, 19:10 (Ref:2519044)   #57
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
White flag. Stewart needs to make a mistake or run out of fuel for Ambrose to win this.
Old 10 Aug 2009, 19:12 (Ref:2519047)   #58
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Congrats to Stewart. Ambrose second, Edwards third, Kyle Busch fourth and Biffle fifth.
Old 10 Aug 2009, 19:46 (Ref:2519072)   #59
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sixth place for Juan Pablo Montoya; he's now seventh in the overall standings, 154 points ahead of Kyle Busch in 13th. Barring a lot of bad luck over the next few weeks, he should be safe for the Chase, but another top-five would still be awfully nice. Kyle, Brian Vickers, and Clint Bowyer are the only drivers currently outside the Chase within 100 points of 12th place Matt Kenseth; Kyle probably has the only realistic shot at clawing back into the top dozen.
Old 10 Aug 2009, 20:50 (Ref:2519129)   #60
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I think I prefer the old JPM. This racing for points stuff just aint no fun. I'd rather see him going for victories and ending the season in 13th place..!
Old 10 Aug 2009, 20:54 (Ref:2519135)   #61
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
Caution out, HUGE wreck between Hornish Jr., Jeff Gordon and Burton.
Apologies for any ignorance, but could anyone tell me why they were waving a blue flag just ahead of this HUGE shunt? Didn't look like the usual blue/yellow diagonal "overtaking" flag I'm aware of but rather a solid blue. I would have expected a yellow (or two).

Thanks.
Old 10 Aug 2009, 22:36 (Ref:2519208)   #62
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
I think I prefer the old JPM. This racing for points stuff just aint no fun. I'd rather see him going for victories and ending the season in 13th place..!
Don't think he had the car today to be fair. Disappointing day.

Wait until the Chase, whether he's in it or not - I think he'll bag a win, maybe two in that section. I sure hope so.
Old 10 Aug 2009, 22:40 (Ref:2519211)   #63
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelagh View Post
Apologies for any ignorance, but could anyone tell me why they were waving a blue flag just ahead of this HUGE shunt? Didn't look like the usual blue/yellow diagonal "overtaking" flag I'm aware of but rather a solid blue. I would have expected a yellow (or two).

Thanks.
NASCAR uses a blue for what should be a local yellow on road corses,
Old 10 Aug 2009, 23:17 (Ref:2519231)   #64
Jacob Black
Rookie

Jacob Black should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's with seppos being such pansies? Its a road course, every other category in the world races in the rain, its pretty pathetic. I can understand it at ovals I guess, because the banking would create rivers running down the track, but on a road course? Come on NASCAR, I thought you yanks were supposed to be the hard-arses of the world!
Old 10 Aug 2009, 23:35 (Ref:2519239)   #65
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Yeah, i think we will see more of the older JPM once he gets into the chase...

Great drive by Ambrose, great weekend really - even greater drive by Tony Stewart

Kyle, 4 races to get into the top 12 - imagine how filthy Kyle will be if he misses out, probably blame the team & leave them
Old 11 Aug 2009, 00:04 (Ref:2519245)   #66
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If Kyle misses out it would be hilarious.

Better get a new and sturdier whinge-o-meter though, I don't think my current one would be able to withstand the bile that would spew from him!

He has had an odd season, nowhere near enough top 5/10 finishes. You have to wonder if his brother is right in saying that he spreads himself too thin competing in all those series.

Then again, maybe his season will be the opposite of last - scrape into the Chase and dominate the last ten races!
Old 11 Aug 2009, 00:38 (Ref:2519251)   #67
instant classic
Rookie

France
France
instant classic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
Caution out, HUGE wreck between Hornish Jr., Jeff Gordon and Burton.
that was one hard wreck outch
Old 11 Aug 2009, 03:14 (Ref:2519277)   #68
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
imagine how filthy Kyle will be if he misses out
if that was to happen he would hear me laughing from all the way over here on my couch

sure he is a character and brings some spice to an event, possibly even plays the bad guy but when elsewhere is totally different, but i don't care. I agree with every fan i can hear in the stands on the broadcasts that cheers when he gets overtaken. i think there are more that cheer for his loss of a position than there are that cheer for the person who has overtaken him.

the guy is a knob plain and simple.
Old 11 Aug 2009, 10:33 (Ref:2519467)   #69
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just watched the race - that was a big hit by gordon & hornish, how many times did hornish spin around...
Wish there was 2 or 3 more road races in this series...
Old 11 Aug 2009, 13:30 (Ref:2519566)   #70
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
If Kyle misses out it would be hilarious.
Yes, it appears just as Kurt has grown a brain (or part thereof) and a tiny degree of decorum, his brother has decided to resort to the true gene pool. What a sook ... for a guy with his talent to act like such a baby is pathetic. With NO reason whatsoever.

BTW, I thought your man drove one of his better races ... could have pressed but could have wrecked too - discretion and patience new virtues appreciated by the team no doubt.

Ambrose was very good ... clearly only 2 guys in it ... but how good is old Tubby Smoke round there?
Old 12 Aug 2009, 01:08 (Ref:2519906)   #71
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
RAIN rain go away....
yea yea yea, put wipers, headlights and treaded tYres and race!

good race....wanted Taz to take it.

two such shunts on the weekend in the same spot with more diabolical consequences during the Cup race. i think we need to get used to these types of bash ups at the Glen...cars are getting quicker as always and there is no place to hide in 3 or 4 very fast portions of that track.

that why i love the stockcars road racin....take 'em to Road America
Old 12 Aug 2009, 01:51 (Ref:2519920)   #72
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^ I think Kyle Busch will become a fan favorite before Sprint Cup races in the rain.
Old 12 Aug 2009, 22:07 (Ref:2520480)   #73
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yea and kyle will the first one off track if they race in the rain
Old 12 Aug 2009, 23:25 (Ref:2520516)   #74
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
can you imagine the cheers for that from the stands??
Old 13 Aug 2009, 01:28 (Ref:2520550)   #75
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
he'll complain that they put the rain too close to his car ... and then it will be the bureau of meteorology fault ... or yours