Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Jul 2013, 09:44 (Ref:3283709)   #51
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
i thought during the podium celebration when Brundle asked SV to elaborate on Kimi pushing him over SV gave a pretty soft answer.

basically he said Kimi just blew him off with a laugh. classic Kimi of course but i got the sense that SV is a bit in awe of Kimi in much the same way a young boy would be of his cooler older brother.
I know they both have respect for each other, but don't feel Vettel is in awe of Kimi in a personal sort of way. In F1 terms Vettel is a 3 times WDC whereas Kimi is a single WDC. Seb has achieved way more so far and feel maybe Kimi's personality diffused the situation when Seb asked about the attempted pass. Kimi is a cool character who doesn't usually get involved in arguments, at least not on camera and has a very 'shrugged shoulders', almost sarcastic approach. I think Seb knew Kimi wasn't going to discuss it or argue about it and maybe realised the move was hard but fair once the heat had died down.

If you asked me who came across as 'cooler', I'd say Kimi. I'm yet to hear him say anything that makes me cringe and I've been amused by more of his antics than Seb has ever put across. Some of Seb's warm down lap celebration comments have me slanting my mouth and feeling a tad uncomfortable for him at times lol. Kimi is a man of little words and I feel he gets a lot more respect throughout the paddock for his approach, along with his driving on track. Just my observation.
Old 30 Jul 2013, 13:04 (Ref:3283781)   #52
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As I tried to explain to people throughout the Schumacher years, it's not arrogance when you actually are the best in the world.
Old 30 Jul 2013, 16:19 (Ref:3283836)   #53
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
My point is, Kimi's been very consistent these past 2 seasons and he's one of the top 4 in F1, but I think he's 4th best. He's never really dominated a teammate, not like Vettel and Alonso have. So I really don't think he'll come into RB and beat Vettel. Just my opinion.
true he has never dominated a teammate of the quality of SV. while we may not agree who would come out on top i think if it did happen it would be the most exciting driving pairing we have seen in a long time.

we got a bit of 2 number ones with LH and JB but i would think that SV and KR would be a step above that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedrinck View Post
Nah, he had just realized that Räikkönen's defense was nothing to complain about. He did complain in the heat of the moment via radio when he was frustrated about not getting past but by the podium ceremony he saw it differently already.
yeah im probably reading too much into it. i suppose i had Malaysia in my head when Brundle managed to elicit some more emotional responses.

granted there is more history between them, but if MW had defended in this way it would be a bigger story but because it involves Kimi everyone is just seems more deferential about it. probably stretching too much with this line of reasoning though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
Kimi is a man of little words and I feel he gets a lot more respect throughout the paddock for his approach, along with his driving on track. Just my observation.
i feel this too. if they did team up, SV may indeed be quicker of the two but i just think that KR has the type of personality that people will naturally chose to be on his side regardless of what the contracts say or what he does. winning the hearts and minds of those in the garage would be an advantage im not sure SV could top KR in. total speculation on my part of course.
Old 30 Jul 2013, 23:25 (Ref:3283987)   #54
PepsiVodka
Rookie

Canada
Grande Prairie
PepsiVodka is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Is that what you really believe?

Watch how he deals with his team, and the reactions of those around him to him, and how he treats the journalists and others in the paddock.
Listen to Adrian Newey on the subject of "spoilt brat" drivers who think they are entitled to everything, and then waxing lyrical on how humble and hard working Vettel is - a real eye opener!

If there is one driver that this characterization does not fit, it is Vettel!

Irritating that he wins all the time, but the rest is just plain wrong!
Okay, I was a bit harsh on Vettel but here is some proof of why I'm saying this about Seb.
If you watched Malaysia 2012 where Seb collided with Cucumber he thought Karthikeyan was one of those idiots on the normal roads despite the fact it was a 50/50 racing incident (Vettel came up the track too early but Narian came down the track too much) and he is a whiny person (Kudos to Narian for saying that). It's also considered to be jerky if you were given a team order to stay behind someone and the next lap dive bomb your teamate and pass him just so you can win. Also does Vettel realize what the "stinky finger" means, it's not number 1 it's (f you) and that's as arrogant as someone can get.
Old 30 Jul 2013, 23:41 (Ref:3283996)   #55
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiVodka View Post
Okay, I was a bit harsh on Vettel but here is some proof of why I'm saying this about Seb.
If you watched Malaysia 2012 where Seb collided with Cucumber he thought Karthikeyan was one of those idiots on the normal roads despite the fact it was a 50/50 racing incident (Vettel came up the track too early but Narian came down the track too much) and he is a whiny person (Kudos to Narian for saying that). It's also considered to be jerky if you were given a team order to stay behind someone and the next lap dive bomb your teamate and pass him just so you can win. Also does Vettel realize what the "stinky finger" means, it's not number 1 it's (f you) and that's as arrogant as someone can get.
Lol dude the f you finger is the middle one with back of hand to who your doing it to. He holds his index finger, and palm out.

Re Narain... where's Narain now then. I was browsing Wikipedia just 2 night ago and saw his name at the bottom of some lower series standings (might have been Auto GP or one of the sports car lower classes) and thought boy did he fall off. He was never, ever, F1 material.
Old 31 Jul 2013, 13:48 (Ref:3284232)   #56
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiVodka View Post
If this is 'proof' of why you hate Vettel, I'm not sure it's something the rest of us need to know to be honest.
Old 31 Jul 2013, 14:45 (Ref:3284250)   #57
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
If this is 'proof' of why you hate Vettel, I'm not sure it's something the rest of us need to know to be honest.
Exactly.
Old 31 Jul 2013, 15:16 (Ref:3284266)   #58
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Re Narain... where's Narain now then. I was browsing Wikipedia just 2 night ago and saw his name at the bottom of some lower series standings (might have been Auto GP or one of the sports car lower classes) and thought boy did he fall off. He was never, ever, F1 material.
He has been doing Auto GP and is thinking of going to IndyCar.

http://www.racer.com/karthikeyan-pla...rticle/305120/
Old 31 Jul 2013, 19:24 (Ref:3284363)   #59
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
As I tried to explain to people throughout the Schumacher years, it's not arrogance when you actually are the best in the world.
Schumacher isn't Loeb.
Old 31 Jul 2013, 22:09 (Ref:3284405)   #60
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
So... who reckons that if Mr Raikonnen moves to RBR, that his car suffers the same reliability issues Mr Webber's has had?

And how would Mr Raikonnen handle it? Not well I suspect...
I can't buy into this theory I'm afraid ...
Old 1 Aug 2013, 01:33 (Ref:3284456)   #61
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Schumacher isn't Loeb.
Old Loeby hasn't done too well in the Supercup though has he... can't even crack the top 10. I'm surprised by that.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 08:34 (Ref:3284554)   #62
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I can't buy into this theory I'm afraid ...
Agreed. I know Mark Webber's had more than his fair share of reliability problems... but I don't for a moment believe that there's anything deliberate behind this.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 09:17 (Ref:3284572)   #63
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
So... who reckons that if Mr Raikonnen moves to RBR, that his car suffers the same reliability issues Mr Webber's has had?

And how would Mr Raikonnen handle it? Not well I suspect...
Let's just ignore the bulletproof reliability Webber had in 2010 and the fact that Vettel's car let him down three times while leading races that season.

And Vettel still won the championship!
Old 1 Aug 2013, 12:02 (Ref:3284628)   #64
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
Let's just ignore the bulletproof reliability Webber had in 2010 and the fact that Vettel's car let him down three times while leading races that season.

And Vettel still won the championship!
Oh come on now, lets not allow facts to get in the way.
Old 9 Aug 2013, 13:04 (Ref:3287594)   #65
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns05047.html

Oh the irony

"The rift with the Swiss team, believed to have been brought about not only by lack of competitiveness in recent years but also capped by Sauber's preference for Kimi Raikkonen over Red Bull-supported Enrique Bernoldi in the 2001 driver line-up, has been one of the ongoing stories of the season. Red Bull now plans to further its relationship with Arrows, for whom Bernoldi drove in 2001."
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 9 Aug 2013, 21:21 (Ref:3287778)   #66
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy-ace View Post
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns05047.html

Oh the irony

"The rift with the Swiss team, believed to have been brought about not only by lack of competitiveness in recent years but also capped by Sauber's preference for Kimi Raikkonen over Red Bull-supported Enrique Bernoldi in the 2001 driver line-up, has been one of the ongoing stories of the season. Red Bull now plans to further its relationship with Arrows, for whom Bernoldi drove in 2001."
Irony?
Practicality. Tipping money into a team doesn't give you control to run things the way you want so you buy a team (Two of them!) to get control of your own destiny... and do it your way...