Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 8 Oct 2001, 20:58 (Ref:157752)   #1
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Latest design from Cadillac

The pic is an image of what GM Racign is currently working on for the third version of the Cadillac LMP LeMans contender.

Looks similar, but they should have learned quite a bit this year. The Cads of late have been running reliably, but not on the pace of Audi and Panoz. However, finishing is the first step to finishing first.
Old 8 Oct 2001, 22:47 (Ref:157814)   #2
Heeltoe6
Veteran

Heeltoe6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sadly, the latest attempt at sportscar glory will probably end the same as that of the past 2 seasons; a lot of money wasted to run around the back of the P class. not because of any lack of engineering or design deficiency on the part of GM's boys, who i am sure could do the job if GM untied their hands, but caddy has said they only plan on running sebring, le mans, and 5 other ALMS races. how do they expect to get on the pace if they are not out there every race collecting data. 2 years have shown that shaking the car down at VIR won't cut it. thumbs down to the GM brass for not giving them more proper funding(they did the same thing with vette)
Old 9 Oct 2001, 10:44 (Ref:157949)   #3
H16
Racer

H16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think your being awfully hard on the GM boys Heeltoe.

Remember that the 2001 car was NEVER intended to be anything more than a revamp of the 2000 car because all the effort was concentrated on the new machine. When you consider that the 2000 car was an absolute dog, I think they have ran very well this season, all things considered.
Old 9 Oct 2001, 12:48 (Ref:158011)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well I just want to wish them luck and hope the cars can really perform next year. We really need some serious "new" competition in the LMP top class.

Old 9 Oct 2001, 15:32 (Ref:158073)   #5
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd personally like to see more GTP cars for the simple reason that they look much better than the open top prototypes.
Old 9 Oct 2001, 20:31 (Ref:158214)   #6
Heeltoe6
Veteran

Heeltoe6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe so h16, let me say that i think the team has done an abosultely phenomenal job with what they've been given and i have been pleasantly surprised with their reults from the revamped year old car. it's the marketing exec types who view racing as a marketing gimmick and not competition(and thus never fund it properly) at which my criticism is directed.