Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

View Poll Results: What's the best sportscar race today
The Rolex Daytona 24 Hours 1 4.55%
The Exxon Superflo 12 hours of Sebring 0 0%
The 24 heures du Mans 20 90.91%
The Pukka 1000 Kilometers of Japan 0 0%
The 24 hours of the Nurburgring 1 4.55%
Petit le Mans 0 0%
Spa 24 Hours 0 0%
Belcar 24 Hours of Zolder 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 Oct 2001, 18:45 (Ref:155453)   #1
Geva racing
Racer

Geva racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The worlds best race

What's in your opinion the best endurance race of the world
Old 3 Oct 2001, 20:21 (Ref:155496)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The World's Best Race?

No competition, surely?!

(I've finally posted something Paul!)
Old 3 Oct 2001, 21:19 (Ref:155543)   #3
Heeltoe6
Veteran

Heeltoe6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
while i agree Le Mans is the best for the obvious reasons, older, longer, draws the best, most competitive fields, I will cast a vote for personal favorite to sebring for a few reasons. it's more of a sprint race, it seems that there is(was) greater privateer competition, and privateers who had a shot a winning and some of the larger makes sometimes ignored it or put in only a partial effort, it seems that the GTS and GT classes are more meaningful for whatever reason, the OA victory seems to be the only thing that matters at LM, and lastly, sebring has more mystery to it, beginnning of the year, teams haven't worked out the bugs, not as many/early practices like @ LM which let us see the hands of each team, so it's a bit more exciting from that aspect.
Old 4 Oct 2001, 10:39 (Ref:155737)   #4
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans, for sure.
Old 4 Oct 2001, 10:41 (Ref:155738)   #5
MGF
Racer

MGF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans... Why? MG!!
Old 4 Oct 2001, 11:22 (Ref:155745)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Le Mans. Clearly. Although the rest are good too!
Old 4 Oct 2001, 14:26 (Ref:155807)   #7
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Come on you must be having a laugh there is only one sportcar race in the world, well I know there are more, but this one is 100 times bigger and better than the rest and it take place in Northen France in the middle of June and it is called the Le Mans 24 Hours. Thank You see u all there next year I can not wait ! ! !
Old 4 Oct 2001, 16:28 (Ref:155859)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The World's Best Race

Seems like the concensus is with Le Mans! Seriously, I've never been to Daytona, Spa, Nurburgring or even Sebring, so in truth I can't really make comparisons, but I have been to Le Mans 16 times (86-01) and THE 24 Hours is a drug to which I am very much addicted. You only have to surf around the web to realise that there are literally thousands of others (mostly mad Brits!) in the same boat (or should that be ferry?!).
Old 4 Oct 2001, 20:05 (Ref:155947)   #9
FastJoel31
Veteran

United States
Near Watkins Glen
FastJoel31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I chose Daytona because its the only one I have a realistic chance of going to in the following years. Maybe Petit Le Mans but I don't know. But Daytona draws the biggest entry.
Old 4 Oct 2001, 22:34 (Ref:156041)   #10
Rob Buhl
Rookie

Rob Buhl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 24 at Daytona. If things work out as I hope, I should be in an SRP car for the event.
Old 5 Oct 2001, 01:06 (Ref:156104)   #11
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
good luck with that Robbie.

I would say the le man 24hr race is the best ..its just the bees knees and is the pinacle of sportscar racing..allthough I guess all of them are pretty good and important but the prestige and history of le man will always make it the best.
Old 5 Oct 2001, 09:02 (Ref:156164)   #12
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Le Mans, they may change the circuit (although they should'nt) but they will never take its prestige or history.

BTW is the Nordschleife used for the Nurburgring 24hrs.
Old 5 Oct 2001, 17:08 (Ref:156339)   #13
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would normally say the Le Mans 24 hour race, but I don't know enough about the other events, so I haven't voted.

Good luck in entering the 24 at Daytona, Robbie!
Old 10 Oct 2001, 13:02 (Ref:158502)   #14
BJAY
Racer

Australia
Canberra, Australia
BJAY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, no, no.
The best race in the world would have to be the Bathurst 1000.
For those of you not fimilar with it, the race track is on a mountian called Mt Panorama in Australia. Australian touring cars called V8 Supercars have a 1000Km race here every year, which goes for about 7 hrs. This race has been going since 1963. The race track is actually a 6.2Km public road that snakes it's way up and down the mountian.
Definitly no contest.

BJ
Old 10 Oct 2001, 16:08 (Ref:158609)   #15
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans for sure. The pilots I have asked about it in any context (particularly those who have driven both Daytona and Le Mans) wax lyrical about Le Mans. When asked if he would contrast his ALMS championship with his 2 wins at Le Mans, Pirro made it clear that he would not give up those Le Mans wins for anything.

It's gotta be Le Mans.
Old 10 Oct 2001, 16:25 (Ref:158619)   #16
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I don't quite understand the question... there *is* only one race...!

BJAY< re-read the poll above... it's for sportscar races - not tourers
Old 11 Oct 2001, 13:10 (Ref:159062)   #17
BJAY
Racer

Australia
Canberra, Australia
BJAY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't care.
Bathurst is best the best race in the world for anything.

BJ
Old 11 Oct 2001, 13:34 (Ref:159075)   #18
rlinter
Racer

rlinter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: The World's Best Race

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Seriously, I've never been to Daytona, Spa, Nurburgring or even Sebring
I have been to all but Nurburgring and the Daddy of the them all is without question Le Mans. Petit Le Mans is IMHO a damp squib, Sebring is cool and closest to Le Mans in atmos.. Daytona is just a 24hr traffic jam but can be fun.

Spa is with out doubt an awesome venue however it doesn't have any real atmosphere like Le Mans and Sebring do.