Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is your driver of the race?
Nico Rosberg 0 0%
Sebastian Vettel 0 0%
Valtteri Bottas 0 0%
Daniel Ricciardo 60 50.42%
Fernando Alonso 20 16.81%
Felipe Massa 0 0%
Jenson Button 0 0%
Jean-Eric Vergne 3 2.52%
Nico Hulkenberg 0 0%
Kevin Magnussen 0 0%
Daniil Kvyat 0 0%
Adrian Sutil 0 0%
Sergio Perez 0 0%
Esteban Gutierrez 0 0%
Romain Grosjean 1 0.84%
Jules Bianchi 0 0%
Kimi Raikkonen 1 0.84%
Kamui Kobayashi 0 0%
Max Chilton 0 0%
Marcus Ericsson 1 0.84%
Lewis Hamilton 33 27.73%
Pastor Maldonado 0 0%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 Jul 2014, 22:44 (Ref:3439044)   #26
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
1) Lewis Hamilton - Pit lane to third and threatened to win from starting in the pits. It's hard to climb to the top better than that. Maybe if he started from the parking lot.

2) Fernando Alonso - Besides from the 2014 Ferrari not really belonging on a podium, managing to hang in there on really dated option tires is pretty impressive.

3) Daniel Ricciardo - He won, and outperformed Vettel yet again.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 22:58 (Ref:3439046)   #27
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alonso by far and away. Alonso was the only driver who lost out during the first safety car to make the podium, and he did it in a Ferrari. Ricciardo and Hamilton both gained massively during the safety cars and the first safety car in particular changed things massively (see Massa vs Bottas).

Let me put it this way, when the second safety car came in, Alonso was only 2 positions (a second or so) ahead of Hamilton. Over the next 50+ laps, Alonso, in his Ferrari, kept the Mercedes of Hamilton behind on a very similar strategy. That's just incredible.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 22:59 (Ref:3439047)   #28
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Danni Ricc for winning a lottery and capitalizing on every opportunity presented to him.

Lewis pretty scrappy afternoon that worked out well - lucky!
Seems to have got off very lightly for barging his team mate off the road!

Alonso probably should have got DOTR on skill, just not as lucky as Ricc today.

Last edited by wnut; 27 Jul 2014 at 23:05.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 23:16 (Ref:3439058)   #29
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gave it to Daniel, but Lewis, Alonso and Nico didn't disappoint.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 23:53 (Ref:3439063)   #30
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ricciardo. Drove the best race, made barely any mistakes and used the best strategy. Also made the passing moves at the right time.

It is great to see him outclassing Vettel too. I quite like Vettel but Riccardo is such a great character and he's certainly impressed me this year.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 23:55 (Ref:3439064)   #31
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gave it to Dani. He got very lucky with the SC and then Verge holding the pack up and wouldn't have won if not for that, but he still had to pull of two great passes at the end and the telling sign was finish 40s ahead of Vettel.

Hamilton was great too, but he did bin at the start and only finished 0.5s ahead of Rosberg who was utterly average, and had some SC's to help him. And he should have easily been able to pass Alonso on softs, but failed to do so. I secretly was hoping Hamilton would win it just for bragging rights of winning from pit lane. Has anyone EVER started from pit lane and won, at least in the last 20/30 years? Doubt it.

Verge decent, Alonso decent. A couple of the passes Alonso made were great.

Rosberg - that was certainly not the drive of a champion, trundling around behind Verge barely able to keep up... Mercedes should have reminded him what he's driving this year.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 00:10 (Ref:3439073)   #32
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With 5 to go I think Driver of the Race was up for grabs. I thought Alonso was going to cost Dan even a podium with Rosberg reeling them in. Anyone of the 4 could probably win from that point.

If Hamilton kept Dan out, Alonso would have won. If Hamilton had found a way past Alonso a bit earlier he would have won. Dan was always going to be able to get past Alonso but Hamilton was more difficult.

On that basis I think Ricciardo gets it.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 03:31 (Ref:3439127)   #33
greenracer
Racer

Australia
greenracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgreenracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton was fortunate for the safety cars as was Dan but Hamilton was helped by the fact that nearly half the field didn't finish that made his passage a whole easier. Dotr DAN for me
Old 28 Jul 2014, 05:25 (Ref:3439141)   #34
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
First the first time all season I had to ponder regarding who is DOTR. After witnessing some epic drives and moves, I must say that the edge...although slight....goes to Kimi.
In the event (unlikely or not) of Kimi winning a race this season, I genuinely hope that someone in your family has a defibrillator and knows how to administer it!

I do admire your loyalty.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 06:32 (Ref:3439162)   #35
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I gave it to Ricciardo over Hammy, I also give Vettel a mention for the luckiest spin and continue for the race !!!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 28 Jul 2014, 06:56 (Ref:3439171)   #36
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
a mention for the luckiest spin and continue for the race !!!!
Lewis had one too.

Both skill, pure skill!
Old 28 Jul 2014, 07:41 (Ref:3439180)   #37
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Lewis had one too.

Both skill, pure skill!
Yeh right !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 28 Jul 2014, 07:50 (Ref:3439184)   #38
Ryan Smith
Rookie

England
Slough
Ryan Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted for Daniel Ricciardo. We know that Red Bull and their Renault power unit isn't as strong as the Mercedes but Ricciardo took the fight to both Lewis and Felipe in the closing laps. The way he over-took some of the drivers I thought was really done well, most drivers would have bottled the move on Felipe Massa given he was braking what? A good 10-15 meters after he should have, not locking a wheel, and still managing making the apex. As bias as it is going to sound, I think Ricciardo's pass on Hamilton was going to happen anyway, Hamilton had said over team radio that his tyres were gone, so the move was on the cards. Take nothing away from it though, around the outside of turn 2 onto the marbles isn't an easy move, so well done to him for that. Also for the two drivers not to make contact and giving each other enough room and respect was admirable.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 08:06 (Ref:3439193)   #39
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Alonso for whipping his dog into 2nd.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 11:50 (Ref:3439274)   #40
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hamilton. Two races in a row he's passed almost the entire field.

Honourable mentions to Ricciardo & Alonso too.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 12:10 (Ref:3439280)   #41
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenracer View Post
Hamilton was fortunate for the safety cars as was Dan but Hamilton was helped by the fact that nearly half the field didn't finish that made his passage a whole easier. Dotr DAN for me
Only 5 drivers retired and the last to do so was Gutierrez, on lap 32.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 15:48 (Ref:3439353)   #42
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
As for others, difficult to choose - gotta love Dan's puppy-dog enthusiasm and sheer drive - real contrast to Seb yesterday. Fernando nearly pulled it off against he odds - but for Lewis to take a car which he had never driven (put together by heroic team effort!) from the pit lane to 3rd, whilst redefining the laws of physics with his pass on Vergne - something that Rosberg had conspicuously been unable to do - was a drive truly worthy of DOTR.

Minus marks to Rosberg for whingeing "Why won't he let me through?" when he was a second behind.......if you want to pass - get on his gearbox and he'd maybe not fight you - but he sure as heck isn't going to park on the pit straight so you don't have to work too hard. Muppet!
Old 29 Jul 2014, 00:16 (Ref:3439495)   #43
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ricciardo 100%
Old 29 Jul 2014, 23:57 (Ref:3439929)   #44
AngusJ
Rookie

United States
Texas
AngusJ has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Anybody but Rosberg, too much whining and sniveling.
Old 30 Jul 2014, 07:30 (Ref:3440044)   #45
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusJ View Post
Anybody but Rosberg, too much whining and sniveling.
You missed out the uninspiring driving.
Old 30 Jul 2014, 11:07 (Ref:3440085)   #46
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Spoilt for choice there.

I went for Alonso, because I think he deserve kudos for dragging that uncompetitive car into places it really should not be. Could have easily voted for either of the other podium guys though.
Old 30 Jul 2014, 11:09 (Ref:3440086)   #47
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In the end, I couldn't hand it to anyone but Alonso. To finish where he did was another relentless performance. I don't think the car is that bad, but he clearly extracted what he could.
Old 31 Jul 2014, 16:01 (Ref:3440458)   #48
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alonso this time.
Old 2 Aug 2014, 21:43 (Ref:3441076)   #49
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Only one possibility really: Hamilton.
Old 3 Aug 2014, 12:50 (Ref:3441184)   #50
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Three possibilities really; Ricciardo, Alonso or Hamilton.