Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Aug 2014, 14:04 (Ref:3446865)   #51
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Technically, Hamilton ruined the race, for himself, for Rosberg and the team. He was supposed to leave enough space at the end of Kemmel Straight. Rosberg was taking the normal overtaking procedure:back-side-outside-pass while Hamilton suddenly decided to turn in against him. It turns out this isn't Bahrain and Rosberg isn't going to be a coward again, which ends up as a sad story we know.

There are TWO racing lines at Les Combes, the move Hamilton took was unnecessary and rude. Even if Ros is out of Les Combes on the inside, Hamilton will retake the place and Bruxelles and edge Ros out, easy job. Why doing stupid moves while you can hold your lead?
Old 24 Aug 2014, 14:36 (Ref:3446871)   #52
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ooh, contrary.
Old 24 Aug 2014, 14:46 (Ref:3446874)   #53
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Jordan made an ass of himself with his syrupy theatrics. Booing isn't a big deal, part and parcel of the sporting pantomime.

I see the incident as a rush of blood from Rosberg - he has to catch Hambo early if he wants to beat him but overdid it. But there you go.

I like Rosberg and still do. He'll make fair champion. But I've no particular problem with the booing either.
Old 24 Aug 2014, 14:56 (Ref:3446876)   #54
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fair play to Eddie Jordan for chastising the morons who paid money to make asses of themselves by booing the podium ceremony.
Old 24 Aug 2014, 14:59 (Ref:3446878)   #55
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Eddie was hilarious. "'E's not worth it guys!"

Nico says we should check the sporting code of conduct apparently. Although just the Brits. Sad to see xenophobia creeping into the sport.
Old 24 Aug 2014, 15:02 (Ref:3446879)   #56
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I think people complaining about the booing need to grow up. It's booing, it's not picking up a hunting rifle and taking a potshot at the driver. People need to man up and take it on the chin.
Old 24 Aug 2014, 15:07 (Ref:3446880)   #57
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I think people complaining about the booing need to grow up. It's booing, it's not picking up a hunting rifle and taking a potshot at the driver. People need to man up and take it on the chin.
You could also say that about the booing fans. It's a motor race, things happen.
Old 24 Aug 2014, 15:09 (Ref:3446882)   #58
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
You could also say that about the booing fans. It's a motor race, things happen.
Not really. The fans are there to enjoy themselves and booing is a non-serious response. Harmless boisterousness that'll be forgotten 30 minutes later.

It was strictly undeserved - I think the commentators poisoned the atmosphere to overstate the dispute - but I've no problem with booing in principle.
Old 24 Aug 2014, 15:20 (Ref:3446885)   #59
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I understand it was probably Hamilton fans booing. If it was the wider audience I would be concerned.

I can see JoestForEver's point. Hamilton has been the tougher of the two racing with rather wider elbows with Rosberg always the one relinquishing space when Lewis puts him to the test. Last lap in Hungary was a case in point when Rosberg ended up on the grass.

Now Rosberg was right to expect some robust defence as it was the last lap but being put onto the grass...after various other races this year....well I can undertand Rosberg may have wanted to try and get his elbows out this weekend but chose the wrong time and place to start
Old 24 Aug 2014, 15:29 (Ref:3446888)   #60
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Rosberg has already had his elbows out this year, at Montreal. He can dish it out!

I don't think Hamilton was being robust though here. There was little else for him to do. Rosberg was clearly at fault, ridiculously so. What was he thinking? I do wonder if he would have done the same were it he trailing in the championship...
Old 24 Aug 2014, 15:36 (Ref:3446890)   #61
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Not really. The fans are there to enjoy themselves and booing is a non-serious response. Harmless boisterousness that'll be forgotten 30 minutes later.

It was strictly undeserved - I think the commentators poisoned the atmosphere to overstate the dispute - but I've no problem with booing in principle.
Sure, the fans are there to enjoy themselves but those booing fans aren't the only fans at the race, so take it on the chin and let whoever is doing the post race interview get on with it, without interuption, so the other fans can enjoy it.
Old 24 Aug 2014, 15:59 (Ref:3446902)   #62
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Magnussen has been given a 20 second penalty for his incident on the Kemmel straight with Alonso drops Magnussen to 12th.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115549
Old 24 Aug 2014, 16:06 (Ref:3446903)   #63
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Hamilton has told the written press that Rosberg admitted hitting him deliberately in the debrief to "prove a point."

This is all getting a bit unpleasant now.
Old 24 Aug 2014, 16:19 (Ref:3446907)   #64
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I find it hard to believe that Nico would do that, and in the face of such stern admonishment from the team, that he would admit it, even if he had. If he did, I'd take him out of the seat immediately.
Old 24 Aug 2014, 16:22 (Ref:3446908)   #65
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Hamilton has told the written press that Rosberg admitted hitting him deliberately in the debrief to "prove a point."

This is all getting a bit unpleasant now.
The BBC are going with this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/28921431
Old 24 Aug 2014, 16:24 (Ref:3446909)   #66
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I assume Hamilton has interpreted what Nico has said that way, rather than Nico being so blunt to be honest. But there we go, it's out in the open now.

Not a good time to be Mercedes management!
Old 24 Aug 2014, 16:34 (Ref:3446916)   #67
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So remind me who the Merc reserve driver is....?
Old 24 Aug 2014, 16:41 (Ref:3446919)   #68
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Mercedes have confirmed what Hamilton has said is accurate as well, apparently.

Uhoh.

This is like a really fey, girlie version of Prost and Senna.
Old 24 Aug 2014, 16:46 (Ref:3446920)   #69
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
...hehe.

Just watched the DVR and that was errr interesting...Lewis is always in the middle of bad luck and controversy isn't he. I'm getting used to this now.
Old 24 Aug 2014, 16:48 (Ref:3446925)   #70
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Mercedes have confirmed what Hamilton has said is accurate as well, apparently.

Uhoh.

This is like a really fey, girlie version of Prost and Senna.
I'd like to see, hear, some confirmation from Rosberg. At the moment this is pure hearsay on Hamilton's part.
Old 24 Aug 2014, 16:59 (Ref:3446929)   #71
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toto Wolff says that Rosberg faces consequences. My bet is that circumstances will cause Rosberg to start from the back of the grid for the remainder of the season...

Old 24 Aug 2014, 17:04 (Ref:3446931)   #72
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I find it hard to believe that Nico would do that, and in the face of such stern admonishment from the team, that he would admit it, even if he had. If he did, I'd take him out of the seat immediately.
Agreed. In fact if he did do it on purpose, then he'll probably be sanctioned [severely] by the FIA, never mind Merc's response. I have to say, it didn't look like he did it on purpose... and he certainly wouldn't have been able to puncture Lewis' tyre on purpose. It looked like a racing incident to me. Maybe Nico's said that to irritate Lewis, who knows.
Old 24 Aug 2014, 17:06 (Ref:3446932)   #73
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I always thought if you went into the back of someone else it was your fault! The move wasn't on and he should have backed off. Had he kept behind for a another lap and stayed close he would then possibly have had the DRS advantage? Whatever, but by his actions he took his team mate out!
Old 24 Aug 2014, 17:07 (Ref:3446933)   #74
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Toto Wolff says that Rosberg faces consequences. My bet is that circumstances will cause Rosberg to start from the back of the grid for the remainder of the season...

Toto Wolff has appeared out of the Merc motorhome and made another statement about Nico here.
Old 24 Aug 2014, 17:09 (Ref:3446936)   #75
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a very naughty boy indeed