Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Aug 2010, 19:54 (Ref:2752880)   #1
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Senna Movie trailer released.

Well, the movie has been rumoured for sometime, and here is a trailer for it.

Senna movie trailer (trailer commentary mainly in Japanese)

The movie is set for release some time in 2010 (so quite soon) ...... it is said it will include unseen footage of the racing driver who many feel is the greatest of all time. It will chronicle the three-time Formula 1 champion's career from his start in Grand Prix racing with the Toleman team in 1984 at his home race in Brazil, through his death while leading the San Marino Grand Prix at the Imola circuit in Italy in 1994.
British filmmaker Asif Kapadia is directing the project. His credits include The Warrior, which won the British Academy of Film and Television Arts award for Best British Film in 2001.
The movie is said to be set for a worldwide theatrical release with distribution by Universal Pictures.

IMDB movie review .... Plot Summary for "Senna" (2010)
Quote:
The story of the monumental life and tragic death of legendary Brazilian motor-racing Champion, Ayrton Senna. Spanning the decade from his arrival in Formula One in the mid 80's, the film follows Senna's struggles both on track against his nemesis, French World Champion Alain Prost, and off it, against the politics which infest the sport. Sublime, spiritual yet, on occasion, ruthless - Senna conquers and transcends Formula One to become a global superstar. Privately, he is humble, almost shy, and fiercely patriotic, donating millions to his native Brasil and contemplating a life beyond motor-racing. Yet he is struck down in his prime on the blackest weekend in the history of the sport, watched live on television by 300 million people. Years on he is revered in Formula One as the greatest motor racing driver of all time - and in Brasil as a Saint.
Edit. Meant to ask if anyone has more detailed release info on the movie, and who is planning / chomping at the bit to watch it. (Suspects "Herowassenna" will be?)

Last edited by E.B; 31 Aug 2010 at 20:18.
Old 31 Aug 2010, 20:45 (Ref:2752901)   #2
Steve Milward
Racer

United Kingdom
Liverpool
Steve Milward should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you look in the description on You Tube it states 08/10 so I assume that's 8th October or at least I hope it is.

Chomping
Old 1 Sep 2010, 00:18 (Ref:2752964)   #3
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looking forward to it.
Old 1 Sep 2010, 05:11 (Ref:2753001)   #4
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
It looks more like its going to be a documentary than a movie.

Quote:
on the blackest weekend in the history of the sport
Hmmmm,obviously the publicist hasnt read the history of Le Mans then.
Old 1 Sep 2010, 05:24 (Ref:2753006)   #5
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
That looks like it could be pretty special - thanks E.B.
Old 1 Sep 2010, 09:27 (Ref:2753090)   #6
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post

Either that or just referring to F1...
Old 1 Sep 2010, 09:39 (Ref:2753094)   #7
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
1960 Belgian GP.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 01:34 (Ref:2759545)   #8
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Bump.

This is the Brazilian trailer for the forthcoming film about Ayrton Senna. There is more Senna and, for me, far more impact.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 05:13 (Ref:2759580)   #9
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks for the update Strider......

On the bad news side, it seems that, according to the UK Film release schedule on the Film Distributors association website, release for the movie has now been put off until 3rd June 2011.
Not sure what that means in rest of the world terms.

Edit: The link I provided wont link direct to the page regarding the Senna film, so if you want to track future release news you will need to enter "Senna" in the search box on the page linked.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 10:44 (Ref:2759695)   #10
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I believe it's going to be released in Brazil on November 19th, if that's any guide. I don't see why we should have to wait so much longer, but I have asked the question.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 17:50 (Ref:2759952)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For reasons which will be obvious to many after all my years here, I'm really looking forward to this..... Even after 16 years, just watching the trailer sets the hairs standing on the back of my neck and a chill down my spine.......
Old 15 Sep 2010, 17:54 (Ref:2759956)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think it's about time I made a comment here. *yawn*
Old 15 Sep 2010, 23:15 (Ref:2760125)   #13
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
(Suspects "Herowassenna" will be?)
Wouldn't take a genius to work that out.

I loved hearing Hunt's comments at the start of the clip. He wasn't scared of voicing his opinion, and this time he got it completely right.

As for the chomping.... I'm on number four now.
Old 16 Sep 2010, 12:27 (Ref:2760323)   #14
Belatti
Racer

Argentina
Argentina
Belatti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does somebody know if it will be showcased in cinemas worldwide or I will have to surf the net for weeks to find it in November?
Old 16 Sep 2010, 12:47 (Ref:2760336)   #15
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Oh my god, the images of him bursting down that straight with Mansell and the sparks (band name?) and his narrative over the top was so epic.

I cannot wait for this. Did anyone notice they seemed to have alot of exclusive/alternative footage? ie. the start line incident at Imola '94 was a different camera angle to the FOM footage.

Selby
Old 26 Sep 2010, 03:19 (Ref:2764564)   #16
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just an update about the movie.

This is an update about the subject, just wanted to point out this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post

IMDB movie review .... Plot Summary for "Senna" (2010)

Quote:
Years on he is revered in Formula One as the greatest motor racing driver of all time - and in Brasil as a Saint.
That's hilarious. He's not revered as a Saint in Brazil.That remark only reveals a ignorant perception of the multi-cultural eclecticism in Brazil. He's revered as a sport hero, shocking but true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belatti View Post
Does somebody know if it will be showcased in cinemas worldwide or I will have to surf the net for weeks to find it in November?
Here's the latest:

Quote:
Senna's life documentary to be launched on November

Ayrton Senna is considered to be a brazilian hero by many people, but the british producer Working Title stepped ahead and it's the first to release a documentary about the Formula 1 three times champion. The release date in Brazil was strategically chosen: November, 12, the first friday after the Brazilian GP in Interlagos.

"Senna", distributed by Paramount Pictures, should be launched in six brazilian capital cities, as informed by the company.The movie is a documentary that goes away from the traditional way. It's lead by a narrative that mixes images from his professional and personal life, taken by his family, Globo TV network and FOM. There are no testimonies from people related to the driver.

Japan, the country where Senna is worshipped most after Brazil, will have the opportunity to be the first to see the movie, it will be launched there on October, 8. The tickets are on sale on internet. Some theaters have sold 60% in just 3 days. One of the reasons of his fame in Japan is because he has raced with Honda engines.In addtion to that, he has won his three titles in Suzuka.

The direction was given to Asif Kapadia, a young british with Indian ascendency, with just 38 years old. in The english version of the movie, there's a subtitle "Beyond the Speed of Sound". Senna would have 50 years old in March.

Quote:

Documentário sobre vida de Ayrton Senna estreia em novembro

Ayrton Senna é considerado um herói brasileiro por muita gente, mas a produtora britânica Working Title largou na frente e é a primeira a finalizar um documentário sobre o tricampeão da Fórmula 1. A data de lançamento no Brasil foi estrategicamente escolhida: 12 de novembro, a primeira sexta-feira após o Grande Prêmio em Interlagos.

“Senna”, distribu*do pela Paramount Pictures, deverá ser lançado em seis capitais brasileiras, segundo informações da assessoria de imprensa da distribuidora. O filme é um documentário que foge ao padrão costumeiro. É conduzido por uma narrativa que encadeia imagens da carreira e da vida pessoal, obtidas com a fam*lia, a Rede Globo e a FOM, a empresa responsável pelos direitos comerciais da F-1. Não há depoimentos gravados de pessoas ligadas ao piloto.

O Japão, pa*s onde Senna é mais idolatrado depois do Brasil, terá a oportunidade de ver primeiro a produção, que será lançada lá dia 8 de outubro. Os ingressos já estão sendo comercializados pela internet por lá. Algumas salas já venderam 60% das entradas em apenas três dias. Um dos motivos que explicam a fama de Senna no Japão é o fato de ele ter utilizado os motores da Honda. Além disso, ele obteve seus três t*tulos da F-1 no circuito de Suzuka.

A direção ficou a cargo de Asif Kapadia, jovem britânico com ascendência indiana, de apenas 38 anos. Na versão distribu*da para os pa*ses de l*ngua inglesa, o filme tem um subt*tulo - “Beyond the Speed of Sound” (Além da Velocidade do Som). Senna teria completado 50 anos em março.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 03:24 (Ref:2764565)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 26 Sep 2010, 07:18 (Ref:2764591)   #18
Steve Milward
Racer

United Kingdom
Liverpool
Steve Milward should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have heard the UK has to wait until July 2011 to see the film. Can anyone confirm this ?
Old 26 Sep 2010, 18:57 (Ref:2765020)   #19
teammoda
Racer

teammoda has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I do hope this movie shows Senna`s one handed driving at Monaco,have you EVER seen anything like that......
Old 27 Sep 2010, 18:03 (Ref:2765635)   #20
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mildrop View Post
I have heard the UK has to wait until July 2011 to see the film. Can anyone confirm this ?
That's what I have heard from several sources now. It seems a shame, but I'm sure it will be worth waiting for.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 21:01 (Ref:2765746)   #21
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

November,12 is confirmed as the launch date for the following cities: São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Belo Horizonte, Porto Alegre,Brasilia and Curitiba.

November,26 ,confirmed for 120 other cities and December, 10 the whole country.
Old 13 Oct 2010, 17:23 (Ref:2774468)   #22
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
I am digging this one up yet again because the film was released in Japan over the course of last weekend and many of the journalists and others who were in the country were fortunate enough to see it. This particular review is by Will Buxton and Bia Senna describes it as "so perfect that I have to share with all of you... He describes EXACTLY what the movie is about!" http://formula-one.speedtv.com/artic...nna-the-movie/

The only good thing about having to wait until July next year to see it in this country is that it sounds as though it will be worth the wait.

Bononi and others in Brazil will get see it next month and I shall be very interested to hear their their opinions.
Old 13 Oct 2010, 17:55 (Ref:2774477)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll lay odds-on there will be ways of seeing it in the UK long before July next year.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I think it's about time I made a comment here. *yawn*

I guess we're all entitled to our opinions Peter....... Some are clearly more easily bored than others.....
Old 13 Oct 2010, 18:08 (Ref:2774483)   #24
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post

Yes, I was thinking the same thing! But for most people motor sport doesn't exist outisde of Formula One so I'll forgive them that
Old 13 Oct 2010, 23:38 (Ref:2774624)   #25
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
I am digging this one up yet again because the film was released in Japan over the course of last weekend and many of the journalists and others who were in the country were fortunate enough to see it. This particular review is by Will Buxton and Bia Senna describes it as "so perfect that I have to share with all of you... He describes EXACTLY what the movie is about!" http://formula-one.speedtv.com/artic...nna-the-movie/

The only good thing about having to wait until July next year to see it in this country is that it sounds as though it will be worth the wait.

Bononi and others in Brazil will get see it next month and I shall be very interested to hear their their opinions.
I'm looking for it, just don't know when it will be available around here... I live in a metropolitan area of a capital city so I'm expecting to be November 26.