Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 28 Dec 2012, 23:28 (Ref:3182578)   #101
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
One step at a time mate ..... sounds like your coping fine ..... glad for you
Old 8 Feb 2013, 18:35 (Ref:3201343)   #102
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Hi guys,

A very belated happy new year, here’s hoping for a sunny and healthy 2013.

It’s generally good news on the health front for me, I’ve had various scans and biopsies and they haven’t found any active disease so that means I am in remission. Some of the scans show something in my left hip where the leukaemia was, but this may well be damage caused by it, (and ironically the treatment to get rid of it). It seems talking to my consultant that this first year after the transplant is key, if I can avoid complications from the transplant and the leukaemia stays away then the
prognosis will be encouraging. Always seems to be a new (and further away…) date to work towards, but the consultant is very happy with how things have gone so far.

In myself, I am not too bad. My energy levels fluctuate a lot depending on the level of steroids I’m taking for some of the side effects of the transplant. Some weeks I am full of energy and busy doing things, other times I am knackered, sleep loads and struggle to do much at all. It can be really frustrating, and I really want to get back to normal, but I have come to realise how big a procedure this stem cell transplant malarkey was and that the recovery is going to take time. However as a family we are able to do more together again and have started to book some short breaks away for later in the year which is something to really look forward to.

I’ll probably make this the last ‘health update’ as hopefully things will gradually improve from here, so work on the ‘no news is good news’ principle. I also want to try and have something more to talk about than sodding leukaemia, after all this is the Le Mans forum, not a cancer forum! It’s dominated my life for the nearly a year now and it would be really nice to move on and think about living a bit more, enjoying family time, possibly a Le Mans trip and even working again…

Thanks for all your support
Best wishes
Allon
Old 8 Feb 2013, 19:08 (Ref:3201354)   #103
Javi
Veteran

Javi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
May the force be with you!!!
I am sure you will move on! Life will give you back all the good moments it owes you, just keep on fighting and things will get much better for you...
Best wishes!
(You are right this forum is about cars and races, but sometimes it is good to remember life is much more important than that)
Old 8 Feb 2013, 19:35 (Ref:3201361)   #104
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Come on !
Le Mans is waiting for you.
Old 8 Feb 2013, 19:54 (Ref:3201374)   #105
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You can do it Allon.
Remember you will always have all the best thoughts from all of us.
And dont worry about the Le Mans/Cancer forum thing. The fact that there is space to help each other and wish each other the best in troubled times is why this is the best forum online!
I really look forward to meet you Allon!
Again, best wishes.
Old 8 Feb 2013, 20:14 (Ref:3201384)   #106
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We all hope that we will welcome you at the meeting, Allon.
Thumbs up !
Old 8 Feb 2013, 20:22 (Ref:3201388)   #107
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Lets all hope that you return to the ten tenths meeting this year after all you don't want us to do another embarassing message again do you
Glad things are looking up, how about a few memories from you about the Mazda or some of the other cars of the decades
Old 9 Feb 2013, 10:47 (Ref:3201707)   #108
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Good one Allon ..... delighted for your news and wish u many happy years together with your family mate
Old 9 Feb 2013, 12:03 (Ref:3201729)   #109
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
That's great news Allon I'm really happy for you .

I don't think most people would be bothered if you update us with your health progress, I don't know you for one but these updates are interesting to read and it's great to hear how your doing so we can share the journey with you. Wonderful to hear that your in remission, I bet your family are rapt with that news.
Old 9 Feb 2013, 15:16 (Ref:3201793)   #110
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Take care mate - as you will have gathered, we're all thinking of you.......