Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 23 Feb 2008, 16:13 (Ref:2135913)   #1
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
when you wish you had money....

...being a student is crap officially, my yearning for a fast car is getting bigger and bigger everyday and today it was topped off when i came across this beauty on autotrader

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk...r=&max_mileage=

my brother had a lancia just like this a few years ago, i absolutely adored it, such a bloody fabulous car, i loved the looks, the pedigree, the performance, the way the thing accelarated and the charm and personality, lancia delta's just have something no other car has that i love, just please for the love of god someone restrain me this time, i am ridiculously tempted to jack 6th form in, get a job and buy it, ive fallen for a ton and a bit of 4x4 rally rocket
Old 23 Feb 2008, 16:42 (Ref:2135933)   #2
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
The trouble is if you jack 6th form, get a job and buy it you'll not be able to afford to insure it for a few years.
That looks very expensive for a car that is nearly as old as you.
Old 23 Feb 2008, 19:46 (Ref:2136039)   #3
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
It's not a bad price for an Integrale.
Old 24 Feb 2008, 14:05 (Ref:2136616)   #4
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
The trouble is if you jack 6th form, get a job and buy it you'll not be able to afford to insure it for a few years.
true, it is quite expensive and the interior is rather disgusting, but it is such a lovely car

and youre right, the insurance was rather erm, steep to say the least

and another thing that will happen, being a lancia and being italian, as you drive down the road it would be like hansel and grettel only with parts of lancia delta instead of breadcrumbs, so it would probably break a lot.
Old 26 Feb 2008, 18:27 (Ref:2138600)   #5
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can think of far better handling cars than one of those understeering rust buckets.
Old 26 Feb 2008, 19:21 (Ref:2138634)   #6
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
I can think of far better handling cars than one of those understeering rust buckets.
You are so missing the point!
Old 26 Feb 2008, 20:47 (Ref:2138688)   #7
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having experienced these cars before,no I'm not!.
Old 26 Feb 2008, 22:07 (Ref:2138747)   #8
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if you jack in sixth form although you'll be able to buy a decent car now, but in the future when everyone else in 6th form is driving nice cars, you'll still be driving the same car.

Looks lovely though
Old 26 Feb 2008, 22:12 (Ref:2138750)   #9
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
i know, but god im sorely tempted, as for being a car to drive, they cant be that bad to drive, lancia's particularly the delta were know for being very good to drive.

well as long as i see my 6th form life through which is crap, involves huge stress which isnt helped at the moment by problems in the family at the moment, oh well once uni comes, whenst i get the grades from my A2 levels and then *switches into dream mode* become a journalist earning a tidy sum, i can buy a lancia delta intergrale evoluzione , if they havent all rusted away by then.

wonder if lancia or what people call lancia nowadays will actually release a road going version of their fabulous fulvia concept they released a year or so ago, looked like a very promising little car.
Old 29 Feb 2008, 21:44 (Ref:2141169)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt
if you jack in sixth form although you'll be able to buy a decent car now, but in the future when everyone else in 6th form is driving nice cars, you'll still be driving the same car.
Yeah, 6th form leads to a GREAT career invariably!

You don't want an old Lancia Mr Ice, they have the build quality of Lego. The Delta is an iconic car though, it must be said.
Old 29 Feb 2008, 22:04 (Ref:2141178)   #11
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im saying it hypothetically

cause apparently it can, and im certainly hoping it does.
Old 1 Mar 2008, 15:02 (Ref:2141556)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Stick at it and I'm sure something will crop up.
Old 2 Mar 2008, 04:06 (Ref:2141948)   #13
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Yeah, 6th form leads to a GREAT career invariably!

You don't want an old Lancia Mr Ice, they have the build quality of Lego. The Delta is an iconic car though, it must be said.

If they did share the build quality of lego,there would be more around now,
Old 6 Mar 2008, 20:56 (Ref:2145926)   #14
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
My suggestion is beg borrow and steal the money for that car and get it.

Then spend the next few months or years having no money for anything and owing much more maintaining it.

Then you'll have one of the very worst days in your entire life. You'll either crash it, it'll get too unreliable or future Mrs DJ Choc Ice will want a sensible car that doesn't mean you have to live in a cardboard box.

It'll be like having a leg amputated without the benefit of anesthetic.

The reason being is that car, in good condition, would be worth it.
Old 17 Mar 2008, 20:32 (Ref:2155045)   #15
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I sold my 1968 Chevy Camero SS race car in the Summer of 1978 so I could pay for my first semesters tuition.
I started University when I was 21 going on 22. Then did not buy another car until I was 27 and going to graduate school.
POS Saab 99, but it got me around.

Damn I wish I had that Camero now.

Finish your degree. Cars will come in time.
Old 17 Mar 2008, 21:15 (Ref:2155080)   #16
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
i hope they do, i was actually talking to my dad about the very subject today, he didnt go to 6th form or uni, but his second car was a very nice black triumph spitfire, then he had a few ford capri's, 2 3.0's and a 2.8 injection in black which was a damn nice car, a jetta GTI 16 valve and then a rover 620ti, it was great that car, looked like a old mans car and it was until you opened the taps and the turbo kicked in, at that point the thing was a bloody rocket.

right now im yearning for a subaru impreza STI version 4 which i will NOT get insurance for until im atleast 21 or over, at that point if i go to uni i will be horribly deep in debt and probably be permanently hungover or drunk .
right now im also obsessing over a BMW M5 5.0 V8, more so because on my two lottery lines put together i actually did have 6 numbers, just a shame i didnt have 6 numbers on the same line, then i would be on the phone buying one!

and this is what i would do to it, the sound of god:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xgxn...eature=related

some straight exhaust pipes, i bloody wish my 106 made a sound like that
Old 25 Mar 2008, 07:59 (Ref:2160870)   #17
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You think having a shockingly bad car has stopped me from tricking it out?

Right now my Holden Apollo (nee Toyota Camry) is equipped with a Kenwood stereo system (2x 6 inches, 2x 6x9s, head unit, amp and sub), has a sports exhaust and is on its way to getting re-painted (what colours I don't know yet).

Overall I've nearly spent as much on my car as I did on the car!
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen