Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Jul 2017, 02:58 (Ref:3751556)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sainz To Renault to Replace Palmer?

Story Here

...with Renault reported to be funding an $8m break fee??
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 16 Jul 2017, 03:17 (Ref:3751558)   #2
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Story Here

...with Renault reported to be funding an $8m break fee??
Appears to an unconfirmed rumor at this point? Why not post this in the silly season thread with all the other speculation?

Richard
Old 16 Jul 2017, 07:20 (Ref:3751581)   #3
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Be surprised if they pay 8m to replace a driver who brings sponsorship.

With Sainz you'd get an OK driver, who is nowhere near as good as only he and his Dad think, who has a petulant attitude - and you'd get the Dad too.

But then again Abiteboul has a serious habit of making stupid decisions
Old 16 Jul 2017, 08:39 (Ref:3751591)   #4
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post

With Sainz you'd get an OK driver, who is nowhere near as good as only he and his Dad think, who has a petulant attitude - and you'd get the Dad too.

Sainz just an ok driver?!?

Perhaps Sainz will bring 9 million or Red Bull release in return for fully turned up engines 😉

So please tell us about your bad encounter with Senior and Junior that formed such a damning appraisal...

Agree totes about Cyril though. He is not qualified for that role.
Old 16 Jul 2017, 10:47 (Ref:3751613)   #5
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
If Sainz went to Renault, that means that hopefully Gasly gets the chance with STR that he deserves. Everyone would be a winner
Old 16 Jul 2017, 11:00 (Ref:3751623)   #6
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Or Gelael could hand over a night's KFC takings.
Old 16 Jul 2017, 11:14 (Ref:3751641)   #7
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I'll believe it when I see it; but it wouldn't be a bad move for Sainz.
Old 16 Jul 2017, 11:29 (Ref:3751653)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Where to for Mr Palmer?
Old 16 Jul 2017, 12:02 (Ref:3751672)   #9
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

Perhaps Sainz will bring 9 million or Red Bull release in return for fully turned up engines ��

So please tell us about your bad encounter with Senior and Junior that formed such a damning appraisal...

Agree totes about Cyril though. He is not qualified for that role.
Yes, seems a bit harsh Peebee, do tell. (Anyone else missing WSR 3.5?) Oops, OT : p
Old 16 Jul 2017, 12:34 (Ref:3751690)   #10
peebee2
Veteran

Clearly talented but not top drawer imo
Old 16 Jul 2017, 14:24 (Ref:3751768)   #11
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I've seen nothing to suggest petulance in Sainz. I think he's at worst a very solid driver and at best really first-rate - remember he was a match for Verstappen at STR. Max was promoted ahead of him to lock him in when other teams came sniffing around.
Old 16 Jul 2017, 14:44 (Ref:3751800)   #12
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Where to for Mr Palmer?
LMP2
Old 16 Jul 2017, 14:45 (Ref:3751801)   #13
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can't really see a mid season team swap, but it would be interesting to see what Sainz could do with a Renault given the Hulk's performance
Old 16 Jul 2017, 15:13 (Ref:3751819)   #14
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Especially if the upgrades continue to deliver.
Old 16 Jul 2017, 16:10 (Ref:3751880)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I know it's personal opinion, but I'm not seeing Sainz as the 'next big thing'......

Better than Palmer and a number of others, but not worth shelling out $8m for....
Old 16 Jul 2017, 16:15 (Ref:3751882)   #16
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd rather see Kubica in that Renault seat.
Old 16 Jul 2017, 16:31 (Ref:3751893)   #17
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
I've seen nothing to suggest petulance in Sainz.
Less than 40% of the points of his much less experienced teammate in what was both of their first seasons in F1 - and still endless whining in the paddock that he should have been the one promoted to RBR. Just one example of plenty...
Old 16 Jul 2017, 17:01 (Ref:3751917)   #18
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
Old 16 Jul 2017, 19:22 (Ref:3751964)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
Difficult to see that ever happening......
Old 16 Jul 2017, 19:54 (Ref:3751976)   #20
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
The man himself doesn't think so.

If Renault really do want rid of Palmer, why not stick Kubica in the car? Hülkenberg will still score solid points, and Kubica *might* just dazzle - worth a shot.
Old 16 Jul 2017, 20:44 (Ref:3752002)   #21
peebee2
Veteran

I have never been a Palmer fan but he really hasn't had a fair crack of the whip this season. Something is wrong there for sure.
Old 16 Jul 2017, 21:12 (Ref:3752017)   #22
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope they keep Jolyon in for the rest of the year, he seems to be getting on top of the car now, i appreciate he should have done it sooner but there you go, i know he isn't a favourite here but he really has been out of luck this year.
Old 16 Jul 2017, 21:35 (Ref:3752026)   #23
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't get the Sainz hype - solid but surely this is a nonsense story. Do feel sorry for him at the moment.

Kubica all day long.
Old 16 Jul 2017, 22:01 (Ref:3752036)   #24
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Sainz is a pro and so deserves a chance, he just gets on with it and hasn't been disheartened by Max being promoted before him
Old 17 Jul 2017, 12:04 (Ref:3752126)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Marko Says Sainz Is Going Nowhere But STR For Hungary