Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 28 Aug 2014, 01:19 (Ref:3448359)   #8176
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
This is actually a pretty sweet idea on the face of it. I'm relying on you to make it happen. Perhaps make the secondary proto class run a "grandfathered" P2 chassis like how gt-am used to require at least a one year old car?
Yeah, I'll get right on that!

L.P.
Old 28 Aug 2014, 02:03 (Ref:3448366)   #8177
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On MWM. It seems Hindy is more for having all the classes together all the time. Marshal Pruett was very supportive of the all GT race format. I think Marshal made better arguments in that debate.
Old 28 Aug 2014, 02:13 (Ref:3448369)   #8178
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
I am still not sold on four classes in a sub-three-hour race; it takes an exceptional TV crew to make the stories play out coherently, and so far I have yet to see it done on any broadcast or cable TV platform.

Online, with no commercials and no infomercials, it is a lot easier to do, but in a 2:45 race, sometimes there are three really exciting or worthwhile things happening at once which means two get missed and one gets pre-empted for the latest puff piece on whichever sponsor.
This part of your post could actually be a thread, oh wait a second now it is!

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...68#post3448368
Old 28 Aug 2014, 02:33 (Ref:3448371)   #8179
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
On MWM. It seems Hindy is more for having all the classes together all the time. Marshal Pruett was very supportive of the all GT race format. I think Marshal made better arguments in that debate.
Hmm, and just how long did the ALMS race 4 classes (2 proto & 2 GT) at ALL races where/ with everyone thinking it was just fine? GA ran DP (prototype) and GT. TUSC is what it is, the merging of those 2 series! Want all GT, go watch an all GT series.

L.P.
Old 28 Aug 2014, 06:47 (Ref:3448408)   #8180
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PC are basically what the DP were supposed to be originally. A cheap prototype class with more emphases on the drivers. And LMP3 will most likely will fellow this philosophy as well.

In fact, if this series adopt American V8s into the LMP3 class(Chevy, Ford, Chrysler) it would pretty much be the same as the DP concept but with lighter cars.

Hypothetically, what would happen to those teams in the PC if the class just gets abolished 2015? Where would they go, and would TUSC suffer for it?
Old 28 Aug 2014, 07:03 (Ref:3448414)   #8181
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcz View Post
In fact, if this series adopt American V8s into the LMP3 class(Chevy, Ford, Chrysler) it would pretty much be the same as the DP concept but with lighter cars.
In the eyes of IMSA/NASCAR, putting V8s in a LMP3 car won't cut it unless there's manufacturer-specific bodywork. I don't want that to happen as it's adding unnecessary cost for a cheap prototype class.
Old 28 Aug 2014, 08:16 (Ref:3448424)   #8182
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcz View Post
Hypothetically, what would happen to those teams in the PC if the class just gets abolished 2015? Where would they go, and would TUSC suffer for it?
They'd be obsoleting their customers' (i.e. the race teams) investments, thereby damaging their own credibility in a paddock that already is low on good will for the organizers. That just screams "bad idea", no matter the possible benefits for the on track product.
Old 28 Aug 2014, 10:29 (Ref:3448465)   #8183
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Hmm, and just how long did the ALMS race 4 classes (2 proto & 2 GT) at ALL races where/ with everyone thinking it was just fine? GA ran DP (prototype) and GT. TUSC is what it is, the merging of those 2 series! Want all GT, go watch an all GT series.
For the most of time yes, but there was a time around 2007 and 2008 when they had split DP-only and GT-only races.
Old 28 Aug 2014, 13:03 (Ref:3448514)   #8184
Skemer
Racer

Netherlands
Aalsmeer
Skemer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

L.P.
Touché
Old 29 Aug 2014, 14:19 (Ref:3448875)   #8185
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/po...-for-gtlm-gtd/

Interesting comment.

Quote:
One concept recently presented to IMSA is the possible adoption of a Pro-Am component to GTLM, which would recognize privateers and gentlemen drivers in the predominately factory class.
Old 29 Aug 2014, 14:24 (Ref:3448877)   #8186
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pro-am to conquer the world of sportscar racing.

Old 29 Aug 2014, 15:09 (Ref:3448888)   #8187
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Maelochs, I want to go back to a few things from your comments a few days ago.

Yes, for a lot of people, they never see how these kinds of deals are done with their own eyes. So, yes, at some level, it seems like it "just happens", as if it really is magic. And given how much money and influence NASCAR is perceived to have, quite a few are convinced that the governing body can do whatever the Hell it wants, merely on a whim. Without a model, based on direct, sensory observation, for how these dealings actually can and do take place, this perception, for many, will not change.

The other thing is, if just one race can "intoxicate" so any, as the VIR race appears to have done, what does that tell you about the general reception of the series, thus far?

On Coach Ep's comment over in the VIR thread, no, I did not find Laguna Seca to be as good as VIR. There was too much focus on the banging and blocking in Prototype, where it was still awful damn difficult for a P2 to actually make a competitive pass on a DP. So, proper attention was not paid to GTLM. In the other race, PC was the leading class, and the GTD cars just don't "pop" like the GTLM cars. Also, both races at Monterey were only two hours; that extra 45 minutes DOES make a difference.

The temporary circuit races should be two hours: Long Beach and Detroit. Standard "sprint" races on the permanent, natural-terrain, road courses should be 2 hours, 45 minutes.

Last edited by Purist; 29 Aug 2014 at 15:25.
Old 29 Aug 2014, 15:14 (Ref:3448889)   #8188
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Pro-am to conquer the world of sportscar racing.

Judging by the fact that lmp2 at le mans are more than double than lmp1, and there is the same ratio also in the pro-am class of BES, we can say that pro-am already conquered sportscars world!

psycho crusher [cit]
Old 29 Aug 2014, 15:22 (Ref:3448893)   #8189
Danathar
Racer

Danathar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

L.P.
I recommend sneaking into Atherton and the ACO head's residences and using subconscious subliminal messages while they sleep. That should take care of it!

Old 29 Aug 2014, 16:50 (Ref:3448908)   #8190
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"The other thing is, if just one race can "intoxicate" so any, as the VIR race appears to have done, what does that tell you about the general reception of the series, thus far?"

Tells me what I have known for quite a while. Same thing TUSC management refuses to know. That's why I have to fight so hard with myself not to be totally negative about TUSC.

Happily, I taped VIR, so no matter what happens, I will have that.
Old 29 Aug 2014, 17:54 (Ref:3448919)   #8191
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
L.P.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danathar View Post
I recommend sneaking into Atherton and the ACO head's residences and using subconscious subliminal messages while they sleep. That should take care of it!

Quote:
...Same thing TUSC management refuses to know...
The subliminal messages will be rejected by Scott's mind once he wakes up. As Maelochs has pointed out, mgmt rejects ideas that are not it's own. Common guys, this is standard Inception 101 stuff. Lane you'll have to go down at least three dream levels for successful inception. If we only dreamed what he dreamed...
Old 31 Aug 2014, 15:19 (Ref:3449277)   #8192
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anybody find themselves humming the fox sports TUSC theme song in their head at random sometimes?
Old 31 Aug 2014, 15:45 (Ref:3449282)   #8193
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Does anybody find themselves humming the fox sports TUSC theme song in their head at random sometimes?

Yes
Old 31 Aug 2014, 17:53 (Ref:3449302)   #8194
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No. I don't think I'd recognize it in a line up. Never really paid attention to it.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 1 Sep 2014, 11:42 (Ref:3449457)   #8195
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Nah not really I find it non catchy and dull - and most of all it's WAY overused to the point where there seems to be nothing else... but the old SPEED theme on the other hand never gets out of my head, it's so catchy and rocky.

Also that was a good starting intro.

And if there ever was a smooth tune for otherwise annoying sponsor message announcements, it was this one
Old 2 Sep 2014, 00:25 (Ref:3449614)   #8196
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I always liked this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLUPDKbFG4U
Old 2 Sep 2014, 11:48 (Ref:3449696)   #8197
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I received my ticket for PLM yesterday after being away this weekend and after not being able to locate a schedule on the Road ATL website, they were nice enough to send one in the mail! One point of interest is that there are NO Tudor sessions on Wednesday. WTF?!!
Old 2 Sep 2014, 12:17 (Ref:3449700)   #8198
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In keeping TUSC's new "Let's get this over with in a hurry, maybe no one will notice" policy.

Less practice for everyone, less track time--generally (but not always) sessions are shorter and fewer--but the teams still have to be there the day before for scrutineering, etc, so it isn't really saving a lot of money.

Oh, well. Saves me one night in a hotel--which I would gladly have paid in return for more and longer track sessions ...
Old 2 Sep 2014, 12:43 (Ref:3449704)   #8199
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I received my ticket for PLM yesterday after being away this weekend and after not being able to locate a schedule on the Road ATL website, they were nice enough to send one in the mail! One point of interest is that there are NO Tudor sessions on Wednesday. WTF?!!
Who cares if the tudor cars are on track Wednesday, I'll be there and that's what's really important.
Old 2 Sep 2014, 12:54 (Ref:3449706)   #8200
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
In keeping TUSC's new "Let's get this over with in a hurry, maybe no one will notice" policy.

Less practice for everyone, less track time--generally (but not always) sessions are shorter and fewer--but the teams still have to be there the day before for scrutineering, etc, so it isn't really saving a lot of money.

Oh, well. Saves me one night in a hotel--which I would gladly have paid in return for more and longer track sessions ...
Seems asinine. <-- that's my shocked face.

I camp so the there's no hard cost savings for me at all, just a debate of one less evening with the family and in my own bed vs. one out in the red clay with buddies.
Closed Thread