Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 16 Aug 2014, 08:22 (Ref:3444623)   #101
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
you can do pizza on the cobb, but only 1 at a time and they will take a while, better to do something more suitable for a BBQ,
Old 16 Aug 2014, 10:25 (Ref:3444634)   #102
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
I've used a Weber pizza stone very successfully previously, although do appreciate this would require bringing a slightly upspecced barbecue, I've also lusted after one of these devices for a while.

Maybe having cracked tartiflette on a barbeque last time round we should resolve to do pizza in 2015?
Old 16 Aug 2014, 16:40 (Ref:3444684)   #103
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Hells bells that thing looks expensive, think I will stick to the cobb, does a nice pizza but unless everyone wants a very small slice not practical for large groups, steak Hachette's and and bangers are a much better idea I think
Old 16 Aug 2014, 20:38 (Ref:3444711)   #104
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
If we're all in TR, I'd be happy to contribute to that. Apparently I can make some quite good pizza (according to people who tried it...).
Old 17 Aug 2014, 12:16 (Ref:3444783)   #105
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
If we're all in TR, I'd be happy to contribute to that. Apparently I can make some quite good pizza (according to people who tried it...).
You mean they are still alive Victor

Well if we are all on TR this year we can practice before hand
Old 24 Aug 2014, 17:52 (Ref:3446947)   #106
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
This all sounds great, not only will we bring our own liquor but also our own food so we can all try it
Old 25 Aug 2014, 10:10 (Ref:3447233)   #107
JoshuaLeMans
Rookie

JoshuaLeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going next year but this time will be camping. Hoping for a spot in Tertre Rouge! So looking forward to it!
Old 28 Aug 2014, 12:02 (Ref:3448494)   #108
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Looks like those of us attending in 2015 may not have to wrestle with the long running "how do we cope with the disruption around Rouen" question...

Rouen Bridge Reopens
Old 28 Aug 2014, 15:26 (Ref:3448559)   #109
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
You mean they are still alive Victor

Well if we are all on TR this year we can practice before hand
does the calender year now run from june to june? not sure it counts as this year quite yet.
Old 28 Aug 2014, 15:40 (Ref:3448565)   #110
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Bit of a snag in my plans starting from last Sunday: do I attempt to bring my girlfriend or not? She's not into stuff like cars, racing...

... yet.
Old 28 Aug 2014, 16:38 (Ref:3448585)   #111
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Bit of a snag in my plans starting from last Sunday: do I attempt to bring my girlfriend or not? She's not into stuff like cars, racing...

... yet.
Feel it out man .
Watch it like you normally would, and if she's automatically starts to follow it too, invite her. If not, well, consider Le Mans as your weekend off, in a new way

And congratulations, once again.
Old 28 Aug 2014, 17:19 (Ref:3448600)   #112
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

... yet.
First of all, congratulations on the new relationship Victor

Secondly...our sport is difficult to get into if you're watching on TV, but it captures almost anyone's imagination when they're physically there. I took my ex to the WEC at Silverstone twice, and she loved it, and there were plans to come to the big one.

But thirdly and most importantly, we split up and the plan never materialised - and I'm glad it didn't. Le Mans is something I've kept between myself and my friends and there's been no complications. Apart from one of my friends' passports expiring this year...but that's not the sort of complication I meant.

The point I'm making is, what I've learned is that in all good relationships you share things, and that includes making the effort to share in each others' interests. But you've got to have your own things, your own space, and your own time, hence why there are lots of people on here in perfectly happy marriages who wouldn't dream of taking their spouse to Le Mans! (Although I've read of a few cases on here where equally, the spouse wouldn't dream of coming either...)

My parents have gone together many times but taking a significant other to Le Mans is a bit like having children or getting a tattoo - might be a good idea, but don't rush into it.
Old 28 Aug 2014, 19:27 (Ref:3448620)   #113
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Yes congratulations Victor, however I would say take it slowly a week plus of camping in France with a load of car nuts might be a step to far for her try a few day trips to shorter races first
Old 28 Aug 2014, 21:04 (Ref:3448640)   #114
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Think Simon et al have some wise words. Thinking about it, while Margaret cheerfully comes to races these days, her first exposure to racing was DTM at Brands Hatch in 2006, 7 years after we started dating and 3 years post marriage. Okay we did Le Mans the following year and have been (pretty much) every year since, but it tends to argue in favour of taking things a little slowly where such things are concerned!
Old 29 Aug 2014, 09:09 (Ref:3448777)   #115
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's hard with partners. you have to take what they want into consideration (selfish or what?) this means not always getting what you want done. both the ex's i have taken i have ended up getting quite annoyed with!
Old 29 Aug 2014, 12:42 (Ref:3448831)   #116
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
My parents have gone together many times but taking a significant other to Le Mans is a bit like having children or getting a tattoo - might be a good idea, but don't rush into it.
it's totally true, but this sentence is really amusing
Old 29 Aug 2014, 13:24 (Ref:3448848)   #117
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
it's totally true, but this sentence is really amusing
Worth thinking about the tattoo analogy.

Painful, expensive, permanent, and sometimes you just end up feeling like someone with a picture of a fish on your arm?
Old 29 Aug 2014, 15:18 (Ref:3448891)   #118
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
My Wife and I get on fine - but Le Mans is the last place I would take her. It provides my one release a year from family responsibilities and enables me to be a bit selfish and have a great time with the lads and enjoy my favourite event as un-interrupted as I choose.

I would think seriously before bringing her and probably leave it at least a year or two, as you don't want to spoil your experience of Le Mans or the relationship with your new girlfriend - and I think taking her too soon could do one or both of those things.
Old 29 Aug 2014, 16:11 (Ref:3448900)   #119
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Now that my husband is looking toward retirement we have had the conversation about whether he will come to Le Mans with me. So far the answer (on his side) is a resounding No. He says he will drop me off at the campsite on whatever day I choose and pick me up on Sunday night, but he plans to find a hotel in the Loire and drink wine and read books. I told him he'd be able to drink wine and read books at the campsite, but no go. Sigh. And he is such a good cook I was looking forward to decent meals that week.

I should mention that he does like racing; he just doesn't feel the need for the full experience. And I suspect he'd rather not know EXACTLY what I do at the track...
keke
Old 29 Aug 2014, 16:34 (Ref:3448904)   #120
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Worth thinking about the tattoo analogy.

Painful, expensive, permanent, and sometimes you just end up feeling like someone with a picture of a fish on your arm?
I always wondered what that mark on your shoulder was supposed to be Ian
Old 29 Aug 2014, 21:37 (Ref:3448952)   #121
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Inject a bit of mystique into your relationship Victor by disappearing off to France for a week and a half.
Old 30 Aug 2014, 12:10 (Ref:3449055)   #122
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
My Wife and I get on fine - but Le Mans is the last place I would take her. It provides my one release a year from family responsibilities and enables me to be a bit selfish and have a great time with the lads and enjoy my favourite event as un-interrupted as I choose.
Exactly Mal. I understand that - and my wife understands that too and has absolutely no problem with it.
Old 30 Aug 2014, 12:13 (Ref:3449056)   #123
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerkeke View Post

I should mention that he does like racing; he just doesn't feel the need for the full experience.
keke

Trouble is, there are a lot of people around who say they don't want the full experience but having never experienced it, they have no idea what they're missing. I call it 'chunder-blindness'.......
Old 30 Aug 2014, 15:49 (Ref:3449082)   #124
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Trouble is, there are a lot of people around who say they don't want the full experience but having never experienced it, they have no idea what they're missing. I call it 'chunder-blindness'.......
How aptly named
Old 30 Aug 2014, 16:28 (Ref:3449086)   #125
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Le Mans is the experience, the race is only a part of it IMHO of course