Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 3 May 2011, 12:54 (Ref:2873513)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
360 MRC 6hrs 2012 SNETTERTON - See revised thread.

Third running of the 6hrs Endurance Race.
Old 3 May 2011, 13:00 (Ref:2873518)   #2
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Peter,

Just to avoid confusion it might be worth adding the year to the title?
Old 3 May 2011, 13:20 (Ref:2873524)   #3
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Done
Old 3 May 2011, 13:36 (Ref:2873528)   #4
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Old 3 May 2011, 16:22 (Ref:2873577)   #5
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
noted
Old 3 May 2011, 16:54 (Ref:2873590)   #6
Porscheman
Racer

Ireland
Dublin Ireland
Porscheman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We will definitly come back again next year and hopefully with 2 cars this time and a little bit more power

I must admit that i thought the Tuff Jug was not a great job last week but i must admit that they worked perfect and are a pretty safe method of refueling cars

I can see this being a very big event next year
Old 3 May 2011, 19:56 (Ref:2873679)   #7
Rikki Cann
Racer

England
Rochford Essex
Rikki Cann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ditto
Old 3 May 2011, 20:11 (Ref:2873684)   #8
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Obviously EP and I will be there!
Old 4 May 2011, 04:23 (Ref:2873832)   #9
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
Obviously EP and I will be there!
Looking forward to it already! Perhaps by then my avatar willbe returned to just 'Veteran'????
Old 4 May 2011, 06:04 (Ref:2873842)   #10
Peter Dunne
Tea Addict And Summoner Of Safety Cars
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Looking forward to it already! Perhaps by then my avatar willbe returned to just 'Veteran'????
Ah Terry you happy little sausage I'll bring some tea and when its ready I can summon you
Old 4 May 2011, 06:29 (Ref:2873846)   #11
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Dunne View Post
Ah Terry you happy little sausage I'll bring some tea and when its ready I can summon you

Not before time either Peter!

Been looking for something else to race for ages,[gone off of the MG],think I might have just found the ideal car for next year.
Old 4 May 2011, 07:37 (Ref:2873866)   #12
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Another 924?

Got someone lined up to share mine, but he said that this year so I'll get excited when the cheque clears

I note that the venue is TBA, somewhere closer to Civilisation than Norfolk? Castle Combe works for me but I can't see Howard wanting a 6 hour race
Old 4 May 2011, 08:07 (Ref:2873880)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The date is actually provisional too. But I lifted it from the 360 website. actually Castle Combe is pretty hard on brakes but I suspect Snetterton must now rank as the "brake-iest" circuit in the UK!
Old 4 May 2011, 09:02 (Ref:2873896)   #14
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I suspect Snetterton must now rank as the "brake-iest" circuit in the UK!

Agreed 100%
Old 4 May 2011, 09:24 (Ref:2873903)   #15
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
OMG - WE HAVE AN ENTRY FOR NEXT YEARS RACE NOW!!!!

lol....seriously We have an entry thats come in via the site (its on the wrong form though!!!!...lol)

whose gonna be first with the cash...THATS THE THING!!!!

as I said in my poem...remember how you are feeling now about it....when I ask for the fee!!!

Ta
C
Old 4 May 2011, 09:38 (Ref:2873909)   #16
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I suspect Snetterton must now rank as the "brake-iest" circuit in the UK!
Maybe better to have it on the 200 version, may be cheaper to hire and marshal as well, certainly be cheaper on brakes and at the end of the day the distance raced and duration will still be the same. also give us old gits chance to tune the radio properly or change the 8 track tape.
Old 4 May 2011, 09:43 (Ref:2873913)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Hmm,

Not complaining about it just stating a fact. I guess I should be pleased really, becaue I told Ken months ago that we'd need extra brake pads.

As it happens if I can sort that issue out (and I have a solution) I think the circuit would be great. I like Palmer and indeed Hamilton is quite good fun, if you shut your eyes and don't lift off! Never got to grips with Coram and Williams needs a late entry which I couldn't do due to those brakes but it does deliver a fast entry to the Bentley Straight.
Old 4 May 2011, 09:46 (Ref:2873915)   #18
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post

I note that the venue is TBA, somewhere closer to Civilisation than Norfolk? Castle Combe works for me but I can't see Howard wanting a 6 hour race
Both Claire and I have the warmest possible relations with and respect for Howard and the team at Castle Combe but just think about the pit lane, pits and lack of garages there.
Whilst I don't think that Snetterton should feel too complacent about their relationship with 360 MRC and the 6 hour and nothing is forever, we would need some compelling reasons to look elsewhere.
Old 4 May 2011, 09:48 (Ref:2873916)   #19
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Pete have you tried the french carbone Morane pads? I was talking to the importer (I think he is quite a well known log distance driver) at Race Retro and he recons they are capable of at least a 12 hour stint. They apparently were developed orginally for the high speed bullet trains in France. They were available in all AP and Wilewood sizes and lots of other popular makes. Never tried them myself but I would if I was entered for this race. Having said that the Wilewood pads last and last I am on my third season on a set on my yellow heavyweight but the pads on that are truely enourmous and the biggest they make (NASCAR calipers)
Old 4 May 2011, 09:51 (Ref:2873918)   #20
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
Both Claire and I have the warmest possible relations with and respect for Howard and the team at Castle Combe but just think about the pit lane, pits and lack of garages there.
Whilst I don't think that Snetterton should feel too complacent about their relationship with 360 MRC and the 6 hour and nothing is forever, we would need some compelling reasons to look elsewhere.
No please not Castle Combe the car killer, I hate that place and the facilities are the worse in the country worse even than Lydden and definitely worse than Pembrey which has upped its game.
Old 4 May 2011, 10:01 (Ref:2873923)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Al,

It's not the pads its the discs! We're talking to AP at the mo. The discs just warped after ten laps of the race and got worse as time went on. We used to get the problem after about three races due to pad residue, but we've changed the pads and they work extremely well. But I guess they just beat the discs up.
Old 4 May 2011, 11:20 (Ref:2873943)   #22
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Al,

It's not the pads its the discs! We're talking to AP at the mo. The discs just warped after ten laps of the race and got worse as time went on. We used to get the problem after about three races due to pad residue, but we've changed the pads and they work extremely well. But I guess they just beat the discs up.
I used to get similar problems with discs warping or galzing up causing high spots and I was forever cleaning the discs and pads between practice and races and again after a race.

I was eventually put on to Performance Friction pads and they are great as far as I am concerned, they never glaze and always stop the car, they need little or no warming up and seem to last forever although I now go through nearly as many discs as pads.

In four seasons I am just over halfway through my second set of pads and fitted new discs midway through last year although the discs are cheap crap in the grand scheme of things.
Old 4 May 2011, 11:34 (Ref:2873947)   #23
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Castle Combe - steady on guys, you only have to realise where I live to know why I would want it there

Plus the fact I worked there for 10 years and know every ripple intimately so may have an unfair advantage for once

No it wouldn't work.
Old 4 May 2011, 11:56 (Ref:2873955)   #24
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
lol....seriously We have an entry thats come in via the site (its on the wrong form though!!!!...lol)
whose gonna be first with the cash...THATS THE THING!!!!......
show me a price, I'm ready and waiting...
Old 4 May 2011, 12:05 (Ref:2873958)   #25
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
As far as choice of circuit goes, what's wrong with Snetterton 300? It's got just about everything as far as a track goes, it's easily accessible from most of the UK and has good facilities at the circuit and nearby.
The only other choices I could see would be Donington or Brands Hatch but I suspect using either of them would cost a lot lot more and this event was partly about value for money which it has been, just sad to say that it's cost the two Smithy's so much of their own money so far.
Closed Thread