Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 9 Mar 2012, 06:53 (Ref:3037387)   #101
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good for you Gordon,it'll be great seeing you out there.
Old 9 Mar 2012, 10:52 (Ref:3037456)   #102
Rikki Cann
Racer

England
Rochford Essex
Rikki Cann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I have decided to enter the OBS with the Anglebox and you will get my entry tomorrow, I am sending this whilst I am actually in bed and all relevant paperwork is up the workshop.
At my age I need all the beauty sleep I can get
Very true Gord,
It will be great to see you and the Anglebox out again.

i hope the meeting with the blond went ok
Old 9 Mar 2012, 19:34 (Ref:3037649)   #103
Alex E
Racer

Alex E should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
15" tyres

If anyone needs some treaded 15" race tyres for the 360 I can help. Alex
Old 23 Mar 2012, 00:17 (Ref:3046885)   #104
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Hi all

Provisional timetable now onsite here

43 days to go!

ta
C
Old 23 Mar 2012, 05:12 (Ref:3046940)   #105
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Blimey, looks like I'm going to have my work cut out, getting from one car to the other for practice and racing! Should be fun.
Old 9 Apr 2012, 00:50 (Ref:3055592)   #106
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Ok this is a gentle reminder....some of you have paid us and we are grateful...big thanks....but YOU STILL HAVE TO DO AN ENTRY FORM PEEPS!!!

SO, If you have not done an entry form for this race ...even if you have paid me...PLEASE GO ONLINE AND COMPLETE THE FORM...OR get the PDF version...fill it in...and send it to me...if you dont, come the morning of the race, you will spend all the time that you were going to have for Q1....writing out the entryform...and 100 lines of "I shall not waste the lovelyy Race Secretarys' time again"

You have been warned
Old 18 Apr 2012, 09:12 (Ref:3061364)   #107
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Ed Simpson sponsors new class in 360

This was announced in the club forum yesterday, we are very pleased and want to thank Ed Simpson and The Placement Group for their continued support with this event.

The full story is here

Thanks all
Claire
Old 25 Apr 2012, 11:49 (Ref:3065335)   #108
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
ENTRY UPDATE

So, Obviously we cannot tell you whats in as we adjust the subclasses on the day.....but lets have a look at the numbers

25 grace the grid so far (which aint bad at all is it in this climate)....what are they

well.....

Aston
Aston
Alfa Romeo
Alfa Remeo
BMW
BMW
BMW
BMW
Clan
Ford
Ford
Jaguar
Mitsubishi
Porsche
Porsche
Porsche
Porsche
Triumph (yep thats right.....)
TBC
MINI* (this mini is the only invitation class at the moment, though I fear one of the fords will also be invitation)

The "Placement Group "Sports Challenge Class
Caterham
Caterham
Caterham
Caterham
Mazda

The reason why the Mini has got an asterix by it is because this entry is very special to us, it is for a good cause and we are going to accept the entry as a good jesture and also because a mini is in the spirit of the event....as is the cause for which this entry is in.

Radio Le Mans....Tonight.....8pm till 10 pm....DONT MISS IT !!!!!!
Old 25 Apr 2012, 12:51 (Ref:3065372)   #109
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Excellent. I wish I could be on that list but sadly not this year. However depoending on my employment plans post September I will be looking at something for a laugh next year. Anything I can get on the grid for less than 3k.
Old 25 Apr 2012, 12:59 (Ref:3065379)   #110
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

As previously discussed Claire,the Mini is more than welcome! Grids looking very good,bit of a change from three years ago! Well done to not only you but John as well.Hope your going to behave yourself over the w/end,you a very experienced Steward looking on.
Old 25 Apr 2012, 16:04 (Ref:3065451)   #111
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fantastic! I hope there are as many at the end of the race as the beginning. Excitement is intense in this Porsche household.
Old 27 Apr 2012, 18:52 (Ref:3066289)   #112
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
As per the Olly Breakfast Sprint....

The Finals have been dispatched!!!! This time next week....The Fun will have already begun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 27 Apr 2012, 18:56 (Ref:3066292)   #113
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
As per the Olly Breakfast Sprint....

The Finals have been dispatched!!!! This time next week....The Fun will have already begun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the rain will have gone.......

Was at Snett this afternoon and the water was almost up to the MX5 racers windscreens.
Old 27 Apr 2012, 19:04 (Ref:3066297)   #114
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

Was at Snett this afternoon and the water was almost up to the MX5 racers windscreens.
I've just checked the Ten Day forcast and its gonna be Sunny from Thursday onwards...10% chance of Precip.

I wonder if you will be in shorts and sitting in the deckchairs outside the garage in the pitlane like last year??
Old 27 Apr 2012, 19:16 (Ref:3066299)   #115
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I've just checked the Ten Day forcast and its gonna be Sunny from Thursday onwards...10% chance of Precip.

I wonder if you will be in shorts and sitting in the deckchairs outside the garage in the pitlane like last year??
I like that forecast, but Cliff and I will be attempting to drive for the full 6hrs this year, no matter how pleasant the weather is.

Old 27 Apr 2012, 19:57 (Ref:3066315)   #116
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

Brands Hatch this afternoon was sunny and quite warm despite a severe weather warning for the area.
Old 27 Apr 2012, 19:59 (Ref:3066317)   #117
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well we will be sunning ourselves in the deckchair if the weathers good, just hopefully not at the same time, so there should always be a spare seat for you Claire
Old 27 Apr 2012, 20:00 (Ref:3066318)   #118
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Hmm, should I pack the Ten-Tenths thong or my proban mankini?
Old 27 Apr 2012, 21:02 (Ref:3066331)   #119
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I might turn up in my "usual" attire !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Apr 2012, 21:07 (Ref:3066334)   #120
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Note to self

"stay in Race Control"
Old 27 Apr 2012, 21:17 (Ref:3066339)   #121
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Thought I might bring a deck chair for Saturday.
Old 27 Apr 2012, 21:53 (Ref:3066347)   #122
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Don't worry Claire I'll have my "entourage" including my wife to keep me under control
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Apr 2012, 21:54 (Ref:3066349)   #123
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I didn't realise you could get a fully opaque Dermis Nomex weave

Peter. 3k should get you 1 set of tyres and by next year with the change, possibly a 30 minute stint of Lidl petrol, pack your own pedals!
Old 27 Apr 2012, 23:42 (Ref:3066382)   #124
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
...........there should always be a spare seat for you Claire

Ohhh Ambassador Ryan.....you are spoiling us
Old 1 May 2012, 02:57 (Ref:3067717)   #125
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
GARAGE AND PADDOCK PLANS

Click HERE for the garage and paddock plans for the weekend

not long now.....