Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 15 Sep 2004, 10:34 (Ref:1097106)   #26
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If you have 5 planned stops, potentially there can be almost equality in driving times....

There are many schools of thought here, whether to rigidly stick to a plan, regardless of safety cars and the like, or take a leaf out of GSR's book from a few years ago, and top the car up at every safety car, and run with an aggressive, adjustable circumstance.....

... it normally depends how quick the #2 is...

.. however there is an underlying assumption that a safety car will be used at some point thru the day... what happens if in a miracle, there are none, and the top cars require 5 stops under green conditions....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 15 Sep 2004, 10:38 (Ref:1097111)   #27
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
or it runs green and one car, lets call it car 50 because they seem to pit latter, only has to do 4 stops. wonder if they win

although based on the weekend car 1 will have lapped each car 3 times by the end so an extra 4 pit stops wouldnt matter

The media always talk about the ford motor being less economical than the holden motor, not sure how true it is.

and if its the same with the new holden motor
Old 15 Sep 2004, 10:43 (Ref:1097114)   #28
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Ford engine is likely more powerful than the VX or Aurora powerplants at the moment... well some of them anyway

I wonder how far down Conrod Straight the #1, #9, #10 & #20 cars will hit vMax, and go rat-a-tat-tatting on the limiter....
Old 15 Sep 2004, 10:52 (Ref:1097122)   #29
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
the real quesation is how far up mountain straight will they be when they hit it.

if they have speed like they had on the weekend, they should hit about the spot dicky went bush, or not far afterwards
Old 15 Sep 2004, 10:55 (Ref:1097123)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally posted by peckstar
the real quesation is how far up mountain straight will they be when they hit it.
Somewhere around the Holden bridge?

Just as long as the driver's front gets temp checked all weekend, to make sure it isnt being overheated
Old 16 Sep 2004, 09:07 (Ref:1097976)   #31
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Those last two posts have me confused ??? Dick went bust on Mountain Straight??? And what is a Driver's Front??

Anyway, In order for an engine to produce more power it must use more fuel. Maybe if the result of this is an extra fuel stop, not just a top up, maybe we will see one of the mid fielders come to the fore?? TKR, Tazmun, Id like to think GRM and maybe at a stretch WPS, but not if it rains

Last edited by rdmdog; 16 Sep 2004 at 09:09.
Old 16 Sep 2004, 09:24 (Ref:1097992)   #32
Spunky
Racer

Spunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Around 3.6lt per lap would be more the benchmark.
Old 16 Sep 2004, 09:34 (Ref:1098006)   #33
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rdmdog
Anyway, In order for an engine to produce more power it must use more fuel.
Or use your fuel more efficently,I would be very suprised if the car with the worst fuel consumption also developed the most power
i think you will find some fairly thirsty machines being passed quite easily along a few of the straights. you may also find that the drivers play a large part in the equation, 2 different drivers can have different fuel consumption figures I would imagine
I would think if the Safety Cars are placed well enough some of the leaders will get there on just the 4 stops. Others will be in early or late to put in the short fall, the wiser ones will probally do it earlier and get it out of the way

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic