Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Dec 2013, 15:47 (Ref:3340835)   #351
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's the mentallity has driven us to that low variety car classes in some champs, only the winning cars deserve to be alive.

Personally I would ask if Reiter has done a pretty business selling car instead. Got not true idea of their accounts but probably there are more different Gallardo's GT3 sold worldwide than most of the brands beyond the fifth/sixth/seventh more sold Brand, I'm talking beyond Ferrari, Audi, Mercedes, BMW, Porsche and I would bet more than AM if the Vantage and the DBRS are counted as different cars and all the Gallardo's together.
Old 6 Dec 2013, 15:58 (Ref:3340838)   #352
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdragon View Post
That's the mentallity has driven us to that low variety car classes in some champs, only the winning cars deserve to be alive.

Personally I would ask if Reiter has done a pretty business selling car instead. Got not true idea of their accounts but probably there are more different Gallardo's GT3 sold worldwide than most of the brands beyond the fifth/sixth/seventh more sold Brand, I'm talking beyond Ferrari, Audi, Mercedes, BMW, Porsche and I would bet more than AM if the Vantage and the DBRS are counted as different cars and all the Gallardo's together.
In 2011, the big lambo GT1 with All Inkl had some decent victories and it was possibly their best shot for a driver's champ, which later was brought to Marc Basseng by SLS GT3 in 2012. Peter Kox is quick, but his crew and strategist sucks. Also, the Lambo super Trofeo cars are developed by Reiter. Is their switch to Camaro related to the creation of Lambo's racing department, squadra corsa this year?
Old 6 Dec 2013, 16:06 (Ref:3340843)   #353
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoestForEver View Post
Also, the Lambo super Trofeo cars are developed by Reiter. Is their switch to Camaro related to the creation of Lambo's racing department, squadra corsa this year?

Read carefully, they are not abandoning the Gallardo they will have two parallel programs, because, there is not a developement program for a Lamborghini Racing car Anymore (Since the FLV 2) until the Cabrera is presented, there will be only a racing program, not more developments anymore since minimum next year. (They even haven't a base to work if even the car is unlnown, and I suspect developments will be carried over by Lambo themselves with the cabrera).

Also, I think the Supertrofeo cars are not developed by Reiter themselves, instead this is a program of "Lamborghini Motorsports" themselves, But I'm not so sure.
Old 6 Dec 2013, 16:09 (Ref:3340844)   #354
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
Look at Reiters Fb Homwpage:

https://www.facebook.com/reiterengineering?fref=ts

Maybe the "Squadra Corse" is developing the Car and reiter doing the marketing/selling the cars woldwide since Lambo themselves don't have too many motorsport roots-clients-contacts.
Old 6 Dec 2013, 17:24 (Ref:3340878)   #355
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the info. So they are not giving up Lambo but just trying to find something more to sell right?
Old 6 Dec 2013, 17:28 (Ref:3340880)   #356
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoestForEver View Post
Thanks for the info. So they are not giving up Lambo but just trying to find something more to sell right?
Mybe on long term Lambo has tell them to find something else, cause they're entering on Motorsport, this enters the world of pure especulation from my part, only Lambo and Hans Reiter know it.
Old 6 Dec 2013, 19:51 (Ref:3340944)   #357
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Is not the Gallardo discontinued? So they might just be waiting for the new replacement model
Old 6 Dec 2013, 21:07 (Ref:3340985)   #358
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by pederb View Post
Is not the Gallardo discontinued? So they might just be waiting for the new replacement model
It's up to buyers if they consider they willl wait two years or more for the Cabrera GT3. I suppose Gallardo it's on sale minimum 2014.

The car will be still racing (with official Reiter team) 1-2 years, for example Blancpain Racing will do 100% sure minimum Fia GT Series on 2014.

Maybe few years more with unofficial teams until last cars life expires.
Old 6 Dec 2013, 21:51 (Ref:3341020)   #359
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also look at the name of the cars: Reiter Gallardo and SaReNi Camaro. It's two different programs/projects done by the same guy. Both programs will continue in 2014.

All of it is explained in their press release.
Old 6 Dec 2013, 21:56 (Ref:3341029)   #360
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
If you change to the Union Jack (UK) Flag there is the english press release:

http://www.reiter-engineering.com/ph...%20days_EN.pdf
Old 14 Jan 2014, 14:55 (Ref:3353867)   #361
Mt. Lynx
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm
Mt. Lynx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems Callaway has put the C7 GT3 on hold until the new rules have finalized.
Old 14 Jan 2014, 16:21 (Ref:3353898)   #362
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Would not think that there would be any major chassis changes, so why not continue development for at least the chassis?
Old 14 Jan 2014, 16:52 (Ref:3353903)   #363
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt. Lynx View Post
Seems Callaway has put the C7 GT3 on hold until the new rules have finalized.
I think that the decision has been made because there isn't any customer intersted to buy callaway corvettes. Is hard to predict how GM will handle with new regulamentation, maybe callaway thinks that GM will enter the P&M built work cars in GT+, letting callaway to build and sell to private the GTbase version.
Old 14 Jan 2014, 17:26 (Ref:3353912)   #364
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
Not enought privateer GT3 sales at the EEUU, Europe or Asia, even considering Reiter engineering is selling the American Camaro, but there is not comparison between a factory car and a privateer projects costs and requeriments.

When they want to start to sell (Privateer targeted) Corvettes all across the world, they will not have the base for it.

The viper seems will be the only factory American car development going on, for GT3, unless is cancelled for similar reasons.
Old 14 Jan 2014, 17:59 (Ref:3353927)   #365
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Right this is a question that's been on my lips for a while and I couldn't think of a more appropriate thread to ask it.

For next year Porsche have sold 11 out of, I believe, 22 Carrera Cup cars for the Porsche Carrera Cup GB.

Now my question is: Is this a good number of sales for a new GT for a single-make series at this point?

I am unsure of when the car went on sale, which obviously has an effect.

The series had a quality grid this year, but mainly under 10 entries per round. Porsche said the teams had sold the old 997 racers early to pay deposits for new 991 cars.

Bearing in mind Renault have sold 16 new Clio Cup cars, I am concerned that the series may be about to miss the targets set by the organisers...
Old 14 Jan 2014, 19:21 (Ref:3353977)   #366
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Probably Porsche expects to sell this car for a few years in every nation where there is a Porsche Cup series and then sell upgrades for the next few years.

How many they sell in any one series in any year is probably not a concern for them---they know how to make the business model work and work well.
Old 14 Jan 2014, 19:25 (Ref:3353980)   #367
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought that the Carrera GB 2014 was cancelled.
Old 14 Jan 2014, 19:36 (Ref:3353989)   #368
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish Primer View Post
I thought that the Carrera GB 2014 was cancelled.
No the GT3 Cup for older generation cars has been.

However, the series isn't referenced on the Brands Hatch website BTCC race card...
Old 14 Jan 2014, 21:42 (Ref:3354041)   #369
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
No the GT3 Cup for older generation cars has been.

However, the series isn't referenced on the Brands Hatch website BTCC race card...
Thanks, the Carrera GB is in the Brands Hatch webpage.
Old 15 Jan 2014, 05:05 (Ref:3354120)   #370
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
I think that the decision has been made because there isn't any customer intersted to buy callaway corvettes. Is hard to predict how GM will handle with new regulamentation, maybe callaway thinks that GM will enter the P&M built work cars in GT+, letting callaway to build and sell to private the GTbase version.
Or maybe they think that GM will (logically) be building the GT version if they're building the GT+, especially given that the whole raison d'etre of these proposed unified GT rules is to make it straightforward for a single manufacturer to offer versions for both GT3-type and GTE-type competition. If I were Callaway I'd be avoiding over-investment but keeping a weather eye on proceedings. Better to let GM take lead in this dance after seeing what happened with the LG/Riley GT2 car...
Old 15 Jan 2014, 06:11 (Ref:3354134)   #371
Racenut
Racer

Australia
Racenut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Or maybe they think that GM will (logically) be building the GT version if they're building the GT+, especially given that the whole raison d'etre of these proposed unified GT rules is to make it straightforward for a single manufacturer to offer versions for both GT3-type and GTE-type competition. If I were Callaway I'd be avoiding over-investment but keeping a weather eye on proceedings. Better to let GM take lead in this dance after seeing what happened with the LG/Riley GT2 car...
Calloway cant homologate the Corvette without GMs approval. Maybe GM said no? The proposed unified regs are helpful if you want to sell race cars but GM have not sold any GT2 cars yet, who says they will sell any 'unified' cars either.
Old 15 Jan 2014, 06:14 (Ref:3354135)   #372
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racenut View Post
Calloway cant homologate the Corvette without GMs approval. Maybe GM said no? The proposed unified regs are helpful if you want to sell race cars but GM have not sold any GT2 cars yet, who says they will sell any 'unified' cars either.
Maybe they said no. If they said the sort of 'yes' they said to Riley, that's probably worse than a no. I'd be pretty cautious if I were Callaway.

GM hasn't sold any GT2 cars? Are the chassis that Larbre and V8 Racing have gifts? Stolen?
Old 15 Jan 2014, 10:22 (Ref:3354192)   #373
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Larbre in WEC receives support by GM, in 2011 they obtained a 2010 C6R spec, in 2012 the obtained a 2011 C6R spec, this season they got a 2012 C6R spec. For 2014 WEC season, GM is lobbying ACO to make them use the new C7R also in GTAM, so I don't think Larbre is the owner of the cars. V8 racing receives support by P&M and katech too, the team own 3 old C6R GT1 but like Larbre I think that the 2012 C6R GTE used in 2013 gt open season is not team propriety.
Old 13 Feb 2014, 18:21 (Ref:3368004)   #374
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
One more brand soon:

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/lex...c-la-rc-f-gt3/
Old 14 Feb 2014, 01:33 (Ref:3368274)   #375
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I asked this in the ELMS 2014 thread but as it was about GT3 cars (I think anyway) I'll ask here as well:

1. what exactly is the GTC category (in ELMS)? is it for GT3 cars?
2. if so, is it possible to 'upgrade' one of these to GT2?
3. would it be too much work for that to be feasible?

Basically I'm wondering if it'd be worth anyone's time/effort/money to turn the Audi or McLaren (or a Lambo - I'd love a Lambo to come back, let's be honest JLOC were about as competent as if they'd just got 'some guys' to help out - no disrespect intended to them, I love JLOC, but they were awful) into a Le Mans worthy GT2 car.