Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Dec 2020, 14:12 (Ref:4024127)   #151
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lando and Carlos had great fun together at McLaren. Great to see in two drivers who were so close.

I never realised Vettel and LeClerc got on so well until the final race and they did the helmet swap. They had the odd coming together too, but ultimately there was a lot of respect there and warmth. Great to see too.
Old 20 Dec 2020, 14:26 (Ref:4024135)   #152
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
I'm surprised at that from vettel and leclerc. Nice to see. Wonder if leclercs introspective, placing blame on himself personality helped with that in some way? Good stuff though.
Old 20 Dec 2020, 14:35 (Ref:4024139)   #153
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think they are just good people.
Old 20 Dec 2020, 14:40 (Ref:4024140)   #154
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep. Smashing video.
Old 20 Dec 2020, 14:41 (Ref:4024141)   #155
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Well Vettel has a history of not being like that with teammates, though his last 2 I guess he's gotten along with.
Old 20 Dec 2020, 14:57 (Ref:4024144)   #156
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I don’t really recall, or at least anything other than you’d expect from competitive people in a team. He does come across as a throughly decent guy.

I suppose he’s not dominating now so it’s OK.
Old 20 Dec 2020, 15:00 (Ref:4024146)   #157
RWill2073
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I don’t really recall, or at least anything other than you’d expect from competitive people in a team. He does come across as a throughly decent guy.

I suppose he’s not dominating now so it’s OK.
Wasn't he pretty prickly with webber and Ricciardo? That's what I was referring to.
Old 20 Dec 2020, 15:07 (Ref:4024148)   #158
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Webber, defo, yes. Kids eh! Perhaps he’s grown up. Webber gave as good, although you could argue had more case based on in car.

Always been inherently decent I thought, maybe now combined with a little more maturity.
Old 20 Dec 2020, 17:18 (Ref:4024172)   #159
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Wasn't he pretty prickly with webber and Ricciardo? That's what I was referring to.
I find a bit of similarity between Michael Schumacher and Vettel. In a lot of situations both seem like intelligent and kind guys, and in Vettel's case very funny too! Team personnel often praised their work ethic, kindness and attention to other team members, as well as the ability to motivate, inspire and lead etc. But then, both have this rotten trait that suddenly comes out when things get edgy, be it against the team mate or against opposition. In 2020 the potential for "things getting edgy" with Vettel at Ferrari was as low as ever.
Old 20 Dec 2020, 19:53 (Ref:4024194)   #160
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Things get stressful and a driver gets mardy, or edgy. Probably just like most people really, even us lot on this forum.
Old 20 Dec 2020, 20:46 (Ref:4024200)   #161
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Things get stressful and a driver gets mardy, or edgy. Probably just like most people really, even us lot on this forum.
But some manage to refrain from deliberately driving into an opponent, or from cheating, while others don't.

Just like most people feel like killing someone from time to time, but very few of them ever acted on that urge.
Old 20 Dec 2020, 21:11 (Ref:4024207)   #162
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I was merely commentating about drivers getting mardy and edgy and how people berate them for it.

Not really trying to argue about anything really. We’ve got a bit exaggerated here so I’ll bow out.
Old 20 Dec 2020, 21:49 (Ref:4024213)   #163
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Webber did once say that he’d never seen anyone throw their toys out the pram as much as Vettel does when things go wrong. I agree he seems a decent guy and has shown his love for the sport, including it’s history. Let’s see if he can rediscover his mojo at RP, but the fear is he might be past it. These past two seasons he’s looked less and less like the 4 time champion he is
Old 23 Dec 2020, 00:40 (Ref:4024676)   #164
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Yes there were some fun end of term team radios, especially for those moving on. Listen to them all here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeLfSekKDSE
Thanks Griff great stuff.

Message from Charles to Seb on twitter:

I learnt so much from you as a person and as a driver in these last two years together.
Thanks for pushing me to improve all the time, it’s been a honor to be your teammate, and I honestly wish you the very best.
Top driver and a Top Man
Charles

I would really love to know what happened politically at Ferrari with Seb and Binotto.
Old 23 Dec 2020, 09:59 (Ref:4024719)   #165
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I guess we will find out whether it was the chicken or the egg with Vettel and Ferrari when he joins his new home next year. Whether he did badly because he didn't feel right in the Ferrari environment or if he really has lost his mojo for good
Old 24 Dec 2020, 04:19 (Ref:4024929)   #166
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Webber did once say that he’d never seen anyone throw their toys out the pram as much as Vettel does when things go wrong. I agree he seems a decent guy and has shown his love for the sport, including it’s history. Let’s see if he can rediscover his mojo at RP, but the fear is he might be past it. These past two seasons he’s looked less and less like the 4 time champion he is
I do think that most of the bad blood in the Webber Vettel relationship was caused by Webber trying it on with "the kid" when Vettel arrived at RBR, and reaping the rewards when the kid was a bunch better than he expected.
Old 24 Dec 2020, 04:21 (Ref:4024932)   #167
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
I guess we will find out whether it was the chicken or the egg with Vettel and Ferrari when he joins his new home next year. Whether he did badly because he didn't feel right in the Ferrari environment or if he really has lost his mojo for good
He has a lot to prove in 2021 that is for sure.
Old 24 Dec 2020, 10:11 (Ref:4024985)   #168
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I do think that most of the bad blood in the Webber Vettel relationship was caused by Webber trying it on with "the kid" when Vettel arrived at RBR, and reaping the rewards when the kid was a bunch better than he expected.
I wonder if it was more that Vettel expected that he would put Webber in the shade and then realised that Mark wasn't going to roll over just like that. As well as that I have always found Mark honest and sincere. He's a typical Aussie, straight talking, no nonsense, doesn't mince his words and I've always liked that about him.