Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Jan 2004, 19:15 (Ref:854109)   #1
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jos to run at Silverstone?

I found this news item and came here to post it but due to the fact the Jos/Jordan thread has been closed I started a new thread about this! Whether this news is true I don't know (If you want to later delete this thread then by all means go ahead)

Here is the news article:

http://www.gp2003.com/news/news.php?...24c712ed8c9777

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 28 Jan 2004, 19:57 (Ref:854153)   #2
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doesn't make at any sense. On 27th of January one party ended all negotiations before a deal was done. Ending negotiations means that a bottom-demand is not met by the opposing party, thus making further negotiations meaningless. The article suggests that things are progressing nicely, therefor indicating that negotiations have started again. How can that be when one party has closed off all further negotiation because it is meaningless?

Jos can only be in a Jordan when the team changes its mind and is prepared to cave in to Trust/Jos bottom-demand after all. In that case, the deal is done, or it isn't done. It makes totally no sense to re-start negotiations in this scenario, still that is what the article suggests.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 20:29 (Ref:854206)   #3
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Off we go again, its' on , it's off, it's agreed, it's not agreed.....
Old 28 Jan 2004, 20:59 (Ref:854242)   #4
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

Well, actually, this article is publiced at 06:10, while later that day Jos ended all negotiations. So not much to this article anyhow.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 23:18 (Ref:854442)   #5
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You never know, maybe EJ will come up with another contract for Jos, because without Jos he does'nt get the money from his sponsors.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 23:18 (Ref:854444)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

Last edited by Adam43; 28 Jan 2004 at 23:19.
Old 29 Jan 2004, 01:24 (Ref:854518)   #7
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
was the contract worth 5 or 8 mill?
Old 29 Jan 2004, 08:45 (Ref:854761)   #8
Bridget Stone
Racer

Bridget Stone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think it was around 8 million pounds, so in euro's that would be 12 million. Niw that the deal with Jordan seems off, i hope the sponsos will use use the money to promote other Dutch drivers. There is a guy named Giedo van der Garde, dutch, who has just been admitted to the Renault training scheme. I hope he can be somebody for the future.

love, bridget
Old 29 Jan 2004, 12:09 (Ref:855039)   #9
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
What about Briscoe? Young, quick, and could do with the miles in the Jordan. Couldn't Toyota work something out with Ryan and a Jordan drive?
Old 29 Jan 2004, 12:19 (Ref:855054)   #10
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Bridget Stone
i think it was around 8 million pounds, so in euro's that would be 12 million.
According to Mr Neilson, it was for €8mill, so that would be about £5.3mill in proper money
Old 29 Jan 2004, 12:56 (Ref:855095)   #11
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by steve nielsen
You never know, maybe EJ will come up with another contract for Jos, because without Jos he does'nt get the money from his sponsors.
Without his bag of money and EJ's apporval, he has'nt got a ride either.
Old 29 Jan 2004, 12:59 (Ref:855100)   #12
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Been thinking about this, and if the figure you mentioned in the other thread is correct, and i certainly have no reason to disbelieve it, it works out at £5.3 million. B&H have already said that if EJ puts McNish in the car, they will up their sponsership, maybe EJ doesn't need Jos's money, especially if he's already making demands on the team on where he stands?

Last edited by Mr V; 29 Jan 2004 at 13:00.
Old 30 Jan 2004, 18:35 (Ref:856733)   #13
Bridget Stone
Racer

although negogiations have broken downl between Jos and Jordan, according to the BBC Jordan still wants him. Weird :-)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/3446015.stm

love, bridget
Old 30 Jan 2004, 19:37 (Ref:856817)   #14
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Believe it or not, there are more sources who say so, even sources who claim Jos will sign a contract next week(!?!?!?)
Old 30 Jan 2004, 19:58 (Ref:856843)   #15
Bridget Stone
Racer

I really hope that it will come true. Watching formula 1 without Jos just isn't the same for me. Besides, everybody's raving now about Heidfeld, but as far as i know he only got one podium in 66 races. So that puts things in a more realistic perspective i guess

love, bridget
Old 30 Jan 2004, 20:19 (Ref:856860)   #16
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Yeah, Jos has a better average(2 podiums in 108 races)
Old 30 Jan 2004, 21:48 (Ref:856920)   #17
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
You dont really wanna bait us all with those stats I hope?
Old 30 Jan 2004, 22:14 (Ref:856945)   #18
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Believe it or not, there are more sources who say so, even sources who claim Jos will sign a contract next week(!?!?!?)
You've just ruined my day Steve
Old 31 Jan 2004, 01:23 (Ref:857090)   #19
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only point about those stats... Jos got the podiums in a race-winning car. Nick's car wasn't race winning.

(But I don't dislike Jos either, I just write facts)
Old 31 Jan 2004, 07:13 (Ref:857253)   #20
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
BUT: Jos did it in his rookie year.

anyway, before Jos "broke off talks" his managment had said EJ wanted radio silence, what better way to stop those questions from journalists about the negotiations than to say they are canceled??

Both Jordan and Jos where asked about the new rumours yesterday and Jordan replied:"no comment", while Jos replied:" I can't say anything about that at this moment"
Old 31 Jan 2004, 08:32 (Ref:857305)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Write a bigger cheque and EJ will recommence negotiations... its as simple as that if Mr Perridon hasnt ruined the rapport he has with EJ with what looks for all the world like a mismanaged media stunt.

Maybe it sounds better in dutch?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 31 Jan 2004, 09:53 (Ref:857353)   #22
Bridget Stone
Racer

quote from Eddie Jordan: we will have a bloody good year he told the Sun.
And, if all the rumour and speculation turns out to be true, Benson and Hedges will still be their major sponsor and Nick Heidfeld and Jos Verstappen will be piloting the two EJ14’s.

love, bridget
Old 31 Jan 2004, 10:27 (Ref:857374)   #23
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

Quote:
BUT: Jos did it in his rookie year.

anyway, before Jos "broke off talks" his managment had said EJ wanted radio silence, what better way to stop those questions from journalists about the negotiations than to say they are canceled??
A better way to commence radio-silence is... well...to commence radio-silence. What purpose could it possibly have to -again- run to the press and say you've stopped negotations, when in reality you just want radio-silence? In case you don't understand: radio-silence means shutting up.

Besides, if they wanted speculation to stop, it didn't actually work, did it? And whats the problem with speculations? They have always been there and they have never as so much influenced a deal.

If Jos has stopped the negotations, it probably means he has stopped the negatotations. It really takes a Verstappen-fan to read anything positive for Verstappen in this. You people have no problem laying the logical aside for the naive and still expect to be taken seriously.
Old 31 Jan 2004, 10:35 (Ref:857377)   #24
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Bridget Stone
if all the rumour and speculation turns out to be true, Benson and Hedges will still be their major sponsor and Nick Heidfeld and Jos Verstappen will be piloting the two EJ14’s.

I really hope that Minardi get more points than Jordan if this is the case

I honestly don't see why B&H would stay on if there is no British driver in the car?
Old 31 Jan 2004, 10:43 (Ref:857387)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by NiceGuyEddie
A better way to commence radio-silence is... well...to commence radio-silence. What purpose could it possibly have to -again- run to the press and say you've stopped negotations, when in reality you just want radio-silence? In case you don't understand: radio-silence means shutting up.
True enough, but perhaps it was designed to make EJ look like a dipstick, which may have played out ok in the local Dutch press, but the noise loud and clear suggests JV's team stopped talking, not EJ's....

Maybe they need a course in media management

There is still a seat at Minardi available for Jos...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House