Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 10 Dec 2016, 15:10 (Ref:3695148)   #2501
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I do actually get a trickle of money from my site on YouTube from the embedded videos
Tell me Gordon- is the fee per viewing same if the viewer jumps past the ad? (If possible, that is.)

I've often wondered....
Old 10 Dec 2016, 16:16 (Ref:3695153)   #2502
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I do actually get a trickle of money from my site on YouTube from the embedded videos
Hang on !!!! Looks you owe me money our Gordon . 😳
Old 10 Dec 2016, 23:10 (Ref:3695203)   #2503
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Tell me Gordon- is the fee per viewing same if the viewer jumps past the ad? (If possible, that is.)

I've often wondered....
I've never found out Mike, one thing I can tell you is that unless the video goes viral with thousands of views the money you get is five eights of f*** all
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 11 Dec 2016, 06:30 (Ref:3695235)   #2504
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I've never found out Mike, one thing I can tell you is that unless the video goes viral with thousands of views the money you get is five eights of f*** all
So not made you an "Internet Millionaire" yet then, Gordon!
Old 11 Dec 2016, 08:29 (Ref:3695240)   #2505
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
So not made you an "Internet Millionaire" yet then, Gordon!
Presumably he made his millions some other way, Mike.
Old 11 Dec 2016, 14:32 (Ref:3695281)   #2506
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've seen him before , great fan, got to show my youngest grandson.
On a totally different topic, has anyone any idea if there has ever been an orange MK 1 Lotus Cortina raced ?
Old 11 Dec 2016, 15:57 (Ref:3695292)   #2507
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Falce View Post
On a totally different topic, has anyone any idea if there has ever been an orange MK 1 Lotus Cortina raced ?
Can't recall ever seeing a pic of an orange Mk1, but Frami Racing used an ex AMR Mk2 in ETCC in the late 60s, painted orange with cream roof. They did have a Mk1 previous to that car but not sure what colour it would have been.....

Closest I can get!
Old 11 Dec 2016, 16:05 (Ref:3695294)   #2508
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely Jim Clark raced one?
Old 11 Dec 2016, 16:43 (Ref:3695297)   #2509
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Surely Jim Clark raced one?
Now now......
Old 11 Dec 2016, 22:29 (Ref:3695363)   #2510
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Chris Craft?
I know he raced a Lotus Cortina a few times after his orange Ford Anglia.
Old 12 Dec 2016, 06:41 (Ref:3695425)   #2511
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Chris Craft?
I know he raced a Lotus Cortina a few times after his orange Ford Anglia.
Mmm, pity it's a b&w photo!

http://www.kwa-kwa.pl/strona/zagrani...18051964r.html
Old 12 Dec 2016, 08:05 (Ref:3695436)   #2512
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mike,try to use your imagination,looks Orange to me
Old 12 Dec 2016, 08:19 (Ref:3695440)   #2513
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
Mike,try to use your imagination,looks Orange to me
Joking apart, it could very well be! Looks like a lighter stripe driver's side of centre as well?

Having found that pic in a few secs, there must be more out there.....
Old 12 Dec 2016, 10:16 (Ref:3695472)   #2514
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Quote:
Joking apart, it could very well be! Looks like a lighter stripe driver's side of centre as well?

His Anglia had a mid-blue stripe over bonnet roof and bootlid on the driver's side of centre IRC.
Old 12 Dec 2016, 10:46 (Ref:3695475)   #2515
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
There was an Orange MK1 raced in '64 with a blue stripe . . .

I know of a very good unfinished race project for sale ;-)

Chris craft No 61.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWp-0TuY4Sk
Old 12 Dec 2016, 11:40 (Ref:3695485)   #2516
John Ogle-Skan
Rookie

John Ogle-Skan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have a look at YouTube under BSCC Crystal Palace 1964-looks like there's an orange Lotus Cortina there-probably the same one?
Old 12 Dec 2016, 12:14 (Ref:3695492)   #2517
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I wasnt joking Mike,I watched the video further down the page.Who is John Sears-rest ox the page translated quite well.
Old 12 Dec 2016, 15:51 (Ref:3695525)   #2518
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Why the interest, Mike? Have you just found one in a barn?
Old 12 Dec 2016, 16:26 (Ref:3695540)   #2519
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Not me- it was Eric who asked the question! Think thanks to your heads up, he has the answer as well.
Old 12 Dec 2016, 18:28 (Ref:3695569)   #2520
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I'm sure that one could be found if the price was right
Old 12 Dec 2016, 18:40 (Ref:3695573)   #2521
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Dave Brodie been in for a cuppa. He muttered about the Craft Cortina being in primer for its first few races then orange and white.
Old 12 Dec 2016, 21:20 (Ref:3695620)   #2522
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Dave Brodie been in for a cuppa. He muttered about the Craft Cortina being in primer for its first few races then orange and white.
And he would know.....

On a different subject, I've often cursed the antiquated procedure for purchasing a rail ticket in this region. No Oyster Card or smart app for us! (And no ticket machine at the local station.) Anyway, I noticed on occasions recently passengers showing the Inspector their phone rather than ticket, so did some research. Appears that via one Internet site I can now book and receive an E ticket via phone app. Brilliant, we've joined the 21st century! Except.... for the privilege I am expected to pay a booking fee of £0.75! Mmm, I'll continue buying on the train- when the technology is working, anyway....
Old 12 Dec 2016, 22:25 (Ref:3695637)   #2523
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Quote:
Not me- it was Eric who asked the question! Think thanks to your heads up, he has the answer as well.
Sorry for the brain fart, Mike.
Eric, have you just found an orange Cortina in a barn?
Old 12 Dec 2016, 23:00 (Ref:3695650)   #2524
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, one I've had my eye on for a good few years, not in good condition but ready for renovation. The orange bit comes in when my four year old grandsons favourite colour is orange, no prizes for what colour it will end up but we will see.
Old 13 Dec 2016, 06:18 (Ref:3695700)   #2525
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
No, one I've had my eye on for a good few years, not in good condition but ready for renovation. The orange bit comes in when my four year old grandsons favourite colour is orange, no prizes for what colour it will end up but we will see.
Your grandson ha excellent taste at 4 years old, then!

A replication of the Craft colour scheme seems well appropriate.....