Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Aug 2009, 20:56 (Ref:2524622)   #1
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drayson Racing and P1

Well, i thought this deserved its own thread, story is here:

http://www.planetlemans.com/2009/08/...petit-le-mans/

it will be very interesting to see how the car performs, first time a Judd engined P1 Lola Coupe will have been raced, which also raises the possible question of, is this a coupe'd up version of the ex-Charouz car from 2007?

I for one am very much looking forward to seeing Judd power back in a P1 Lola, its been a year since the last Judd-Lola P1 outing at Petit last year.
Old 19 Aug 2009, 21:11 (Ref:2524630)   #2
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I assume he getting rid of the GT2 Aston, right?
Old 19 Aug 2009, 21:14 (Ref:2524633)   #3
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pederb View Post
I assume he getting rid of the GT2 Aston, right?
yes

and yes to you adam
Old 19 Aug 2009, 21:36 (Ref:2524647)   #4
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
yes

and yes to you adam

I doubt he will get rid of the Vantage. Quit running it, yes. It is one of very few produced, so in the long run....

L.P.
Old 19 Aug 2009, 21:14 (Ref:2524632)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I too will be please to see/hear the Judd engine.

I missed it, but was this the big news on Midweek Motorsport?

EDIT: I see it was.

I like the name "No. 88 Drayson Racing Lola with Judd Power". Not a Judd Lola then
Old 19 Aug 2009, 21:22 (Ref:2524637)   #6
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just thought of this: how are they going to fit the british flag on the much smaller roof?
Old 19 Aug 2009, 21:38 (Ref:2524649)   #7
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Just thought of this: how are they going to fit the british flag on the much smaller roof?
Draped across the complete rear of the car, from the doors back??

L.P.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 05:29 (Ref:2537507)   #8
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Draped across the complete rear of the car, from the doors back??

Looks like it fits pretty well! Here from E.I.

L.P.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 13:15 (Ref:2537767)   #9
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Looks like it fits pretty well! Here from E.I.

L.P.
I just saw that! It does look good, and I can't wait to see it in person!
Old 19 Aug 2009, 21:26 (Ref:2524640)   #10
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No Aston.

Tom.
Old 19 Aug 2009, 21:27 (Ref:2524641)   #11
AJLav
Rookie

United States
Montgomery, AL, USA
AJLav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do believe that according to the report that this is a new car (Lola B09/60) and not the Charouz or any other car rebuilt into a Judd powered car. Is this correct? I also believe that the Charouz Lola-AMR chasis ended up either being sold to Speedy Racing or being parted-out as replacement parts(the tub mainly) for the Lola-AMR's after their preseason wrecks.

If I'm not mistaken also, the 2007 Charouz Lola chasis ended up with either Intersport Racing or Autocon over here in the ALMS.

Please let me know if I got any of this wrong.
Old 20 Aug 2009, 00:39 (Ref:2524727)   #12
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJLav View Post
I do believe that according to the report that this is a new car (Lola B09/60) and not the Charouz or any other car rebuilt into a Judd powered car. Is this correct? I also believe that the Charouz Lola-AMR chasis ended up either being sold to Speedy Racing or being parted-out as replacement parts(the tub mainly) for the Lola-AMR's after their preseason wrecks.

If I'm not mistaken also, the 2007 Charouz Lola chasis ended up with either Intersport Racing or Autocon over here in the ALMS.

Please let me know if I got any of this wrong.
The ex Charouz car last i know of is in the states and it belongs to Intersport, Autocon bought the old Chamberlain Engineering car, however though im not sure what intersport did with the Judd powered car, if im not mistaken it didnt go particularly quickly at Petit in 2008, but that could have had something to do with the unfamiliarity with the engine in the car, who knows, someone will know more about this subject thats for sure, but great to see Lord Drayson stepping up to P1, albeit i am somewhat surprised they are using Judd power, the Aston Vantage and so on i expected the Aston V12 in the back of the Lola.
Old 20 Aug 2009, 01:02 (Ref:2524735)   #13
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
^ Intersport's Lola Judd was written off at Petit last year.
Old 20 Aug 2009, 01:25 (Ref:2524744)   #14
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post
albeit i am somewhat surprised they are using Judd power, the Aston Vantage and so on i expected the Aston V12 in the back of the Lola.
It is not far fetched to assume that after all the problems the team had with the Vantage, the relationship between Drayson and AMR might not be too close anymore.
Old 20 Aug 2009, 01:28 (Ref:2524745)   #15
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great news! Kinda screws up the Road Atlanta ad I just received today though.
Old 20 Aug 2009, 02:14 (Ref:2524751)   #16
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
It is not far fetched to assume that after all the problems the team had with the Vantage, the relationship between Drayson and AMR might not be too close anymore.
Can't remember how/who said it but it was rather politely put that way during that segment of Mid-Week Motorsports today.
Old 20 Aug 2009, 04:34 (Ref:2524773)   #17
tlongman
Racer

United States
New Jersey
tlongman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So is this an ALMS full time deal or just racing at Petit this Year and moving back to europe for 2010?
Old 19 Aug 2009, 21:31 (Ref:2524644)   #18
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, that's phantastic stuff.. and thank's to Lord Drayson, he is a real racing fan... wish there would be some more of this enthusiastic motorsport bodies to step up in the ALMS and LMS like the Drayson's and Pickett's...

and we had a nearly perfect world back in motorsports.

Old 19 Aug 2009, 21:46 (Ref:2524656)   #19
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's a picture on the MWM collective on Facebook...front view though, can't see much of the roof.
Old 20 Aug 2009, 01:16 (Ref:2524740)   #20
whitec21
Racer

United States
Las Vegas, NV
whitec21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post
it will be very interesting to see how the car performs, first time a Judd engined P1 Lola Coupe will have been raced, which also raises the possible question of, is this a coupe'd up version of the ex-Charouz car from 2007?
This is very much a brand-new car, and was in fact only completed within the past few weeks. The car will also be running on Michelins and with the great pro drivers lined up for Petit, we'll get a real idea of what the package can do.
Old 20 Aug 2009, 04:57 (Ref:2524776)   #21
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I hope they stick with ALMS, it would be nice to have another coupe racing in America. I like the livery, the different shades of green work quite well.
Old 20 Aug 2009, 06:20 (Ref:2524798)   #22
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
http://www.draysonracing.com/news/pu...uncement.shtml

News from Drayson Racing !!!
Old 20 Aug 2009, 08:41 (Ref:2524873)   #23
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I note they confirm the GT2 entry for Silverstone!

"Drayson Racing will continue to run the No. 87 Aston Martin Vantage GT2 in the two remaining European Le Mans Series events (23 August at Nürburgring and 13 September at Silverstone). The 1000km of Silverstone will bring to conclusion two years developing the Vantage for GT2 competition. To-date, the team enjoys a career-best finish of seventh accomplished at the 1000km of Spa (Belgium) earlier this season."

I shall miss that car.

I guess the GT2 just never quite worked, despite all the breaks from ACO.
Old 20 Aug 2009, 14:07 (Ref:2525052)   #24
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
while I think this is great news, I think they are running the wrong fuel with E10........intersport and Autocon are able to exploit an IMSA loophole, whereby if they run E85 they are allowed a 17% bigger restrictor, hence the AER 4.0 V8 twin turbo is reputedly pushing close to 800bhp.......this is also backed up by very fast straight line speeds from both teams.......I honestly dont know if E85 can be run in the normally aspirated Judd V10 engine - but I suspect not.

but best of luck to them!!!......looks like a very serious effort.
Old 20 Aug 2009, 14:20 (Ref:2525058)   #25
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
while I think this is great news, I think they are running the wrong fuel with E10........intersport and Autocon are able to exploit an IMSA loophole, whereby if they run E85 they are allowed a 17% bigger restrictor, hence the AER 4.0 V8 twin turbo is reputedly pushing close to 800bhp.......this is also backed up by very fast straight line speeds from both teams.......I honestly dont know if E85 can be run in the normally aspirated Judd V10 engine - but I suspect not.

but best of luck to them!!!......looks like a very serious effort.
On that note: I think that is just a "green" element to the release, and depending on which series is run, that could change!

L.P.