Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One > Predictions Contest & Fun

Old 26 May 2014, 14:52 (Ref:3410898)   #1
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2014 R6 Mon - Results

Monaco, where to begin

Penalties

Ericsson qualified 22nd and last but was found guilty of causing a collision, so the stewards made him start from the pitlane.

I consider this decision to be in liu of a 5 place grid drop, and so have applied this penalty of 10 points against Ericsson and 5 points against Caterham.

Ericsson hasn't been selected by any team, so no one is effected, but I feel I need to put this in place as a marker should it happen to a driver from within a fantasy team.

Bianchi had to replace a gearbox out of sequence, and so was give a 5 place grid drop so 10 point paenalty to him and 5 points penalty for Marussia.

Maldonado was in place on the grid at the TV sting, as he then failed to start, I consider this a technical DNF 5 points penalty against Lotus.

Vettel had a Technical DNF due to Turbo issues with Red Bull receiving 5 points Penalty

Kvyat and Vergne both had Exhaust failures so Toro Rosso received 10 points penalty

Bottas Failed to finish due to Power unit issue which results in WIlliams receiving a 5 points penalty.

For Clarification Bianchi's in race 5 second penalty was applied to the Official Race classification that I use from the FIA website :PDF here

Onto the results finally.

We have our first double winner of the season with Racing For Sealand taking their second win with an impressive 94 points. Second was La Cucaracha with 86pts and Polar Bear Racing took the third step of the podium with 82 points.

In the overall

Racing For Sealand unsurprisingly extended their lead at the top with 475 points, now 42 ahead of Tuk Tuk Racing (433pts) and Team Foggy Notion continuing in third with 425 points.

A reminder that the next GP is outside of Europe again so check your local times for the start of FP1. Why then ? Because that's the shut off point for Fantasy driver changes. You can see how the Fantasy driver championship looks below.
Attached Thumbnails
Race Result.jpg   Team result.jpg   Overall after Mon.jpg  

Fantasy Drivers.jpg  
Old 27 May 2014, 13:14 (Ref:3411303)   #2
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Woo First podium of the season for Polar Bear Racing
Old 29 May 2014, 23:55 (Ref:3412554)   #3
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Top 10 finish for a change,but Number 2 driver is on borrowed time I feel.
Old 4 Jun 2014, 10:42 (Ref:3415148)   #4
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
minus 13.......feel like someone kicked me in the ass and ran away.....
Old 4 Jun 2014, 20:49 (Ref:3415449)   #5
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa_Rob View Post
minus 13.......feel like someone kicked me in the ass and ran away.....
Yeah. Negative scores do that to you.
I do think that the scoring system is a bit askew though. There is no way a driver who rides from 21st to 16th on the back of retirements should score more highly than a driver who started 10th and finished 14th.
Old 5 Jun 2014, 08:00 (Ref:3415609)   #6
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shenanigans is word your looking for Teretonga

Last edited by Grandpa_Rob; 5 Jun 2014 at 08:06.
Old 5 Jun 2014, 10:16 (Ref:3415664)   #7
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Yeah. Negative scores do that to you.
I do think that the scoring system is a bit askew though. There is no way a driver who rides from 21st to 16th on the back of retirements should score more highly than a driver who started 10th and finished 14th.
Another way to look at it, and it may not be the case in this instance....

Of those retirements did any of them start above 10th or were running 14th or better when they retired? This driver that finished 14th would have finished even Lower, so in fact could have benefitted in such a scenario.

Retirements affect the whole field.
Old 7 Jun 2014, 02:51 (Ref:3416421)   #8
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
I do think that the scoring system is a bit askew though.
Yeah, I'm confused as to how this competition works. Yes, I've read the rules, how the points are awarded etc, but me no understand how a combination of Button and Chilton can be leading the table??

One would have thought the people who have Mercedes as their PU and/or constructor, plus Hamilton as the driver, would be up there since Hamo has won 4 races, P2 in one and one DNF. And Mercedes PU/constructor has dominated the season sor far. ??? Button and Chilton have not featured as well on the podiums so far.
Old 7 Jun 2014, 10:03 (Ref:3416502)   #9
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Having read the rules you'll know that you can't have Rosberg or Hamilton and Mercedes as your constructor.

The way this season has panned out, the top fantasy teams are falling into two categories,

Those with Hamilton/Rosberg plus another with a non-Mercedes constructor but a Mercedes engine.
The other group is having two of the "best of the rest" with Mercedes as the constructor and engine supplier.

In the Fantasy scoring consistency is essential if you don't have the winning driver, so the likes a Button and yes a Chilton who finish consistently will build up a total along Mercedes as constructor