Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 31 Dec 2003, 22:10 (Ref:824806)   #26
boom boom
Racer

boom boom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Hazza
Oh, Boom-Boom, the first Indy-300 was in 93, but this guy called nigel won on his first attempt, not MGF. 94 is what you are thinking about
You are right Hazza, 93 Nigel won, 94 when MGF came back from F1, was when he won the first race at surfers and reynards debut race. I always mix those two years up. Thanks Hazza
Old 1 Jan 2004, 00:04 (Ref:824842)   #27
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
I can't recall each and every one of them, but there were at least 107 races which were rather enjoyable for me.

MGF leads the record books in DNF's.
Old 1 Jan 2004, 03:54 (Ref:824988)   #28
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
OK, guys, I understand that none of you want to mention the name of a certain former Indy 500 winner and Formula 1 champion's certain driving son (and I don't mean Damon Hill), but you have to come up with a better moniker than MGF. In the Formula 1 board, there is already a certain driver referred to as TGF that confuses everybody, and to have a driver referred to as MGF is just to complicated.

Oh, and Michigan, 1999. There was tons of passing, Max Papis ran out of gas on the last lap, and Juan Montoya came out of nowhere to make it a photo finish with Tony Kanaan.
Old 1 Jan 2004, 07:06 (Ref:825053)   #29
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Simple, from now on, Schu is known as
"Ralf's Father's Son"
RFS
Old 2 Jan 2004, 02:39 (Ref:825465)   #30
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fish_Flake
OK, guys, I understand that none of you want to mention the name of a certain former Indy 500 winner and Formula 1 champion's certain driving son (and I don't mean Damon Hill), but you have to come up with a better moniker than MGF. In the Formula 1 board, there is already a certain driver referred to as TGF that confuses everybody, and to have a driver referred to as MGF is just to complicated.
i think the mgf they are referring to is michael andretti....anyhow, i happen to think one of the most exciting races was jacques' drive from 2 laps down to win the '95 500.....
Old 2 Jan 2004, 02:48 (Ref:825471)   #31
Mags
Veteran

Mags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by jj2728
i think the mgf they are referring to is michael andretti....anyhow, i happen to think one of the most exciting races was jacques' drive from 2 laps down to win the '95 500.....
I agree!! And from now on I will refer to him as "TWF" which stands for "That Whining Fellow"
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!