Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 5 Jan 2004, 15:35 (Ref:828418)   #1
suzmac
Racer

United States
Cleveland, Ohio
suzmac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Rahal

My friend sent me some rumors from Autoracing1.com and on there it says that Team Rahal still has a vacant seat. My question or questions should I say are:

1) Is Jourdain Jr. still going to be racing with them? If he's not, then where is he going? OR
2) Are they going to run two cars for this season?

Thanks!

Sue

Old 5 Jan 2004, 16:37 (Ref:828492)   #2
Tiresmoke
Racer

Tiresmoke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
rumors are just for fun. they keep people paying for subscriptions. Jourdain will be back with Rahal and will have a teammate if funding is there. Two cars max, but there's more than a couple guys out there who have money, but might not have the same goals, expectations or talent Rahal needs for 04.
Old 5 Jan 2004, 17:09 (Ref:828518)   #3
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
I'm sure that Rahal would run five cars, if he could find the funding!
Old 6 Jan 2004, 15:01 (Ref:829510)   #4
suzmac
Racer

United States
Cleveland, Ohio
Thanks guys!! I knew someone would clear things up for me!! I figured Jourdain would be back....couldn't see him leaving.

Sue
Old 6 Jan 2004, 15:09 (Ref:829520)   #5
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
No chance of Miss Patrick stepping up for 2004? Or is she set for another year in Atlantics?
Old 6 Jan 2004, 15:40 (Ref:829550)   #6
Tiresmoke
Racer

Tiresmoke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by macdaddy
I'm sure that Rahal would run five cars, if he could find the funding!
sure. whatever. a focus on winning the championship is compromised when running any more than 2 cars. but penske?
Old 6 Jan 2004, 17:39 (Ref:829658)   #7
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well, Team Rahal has three teams (Toyota Atlantic, IRL, OWRS) so five cars are possible, I've read somewhere that Honda may support second program in IndyCar for Rahal
Old 6 Jan 2004, 17:56 (Ref:829676)   #8
zerO
Veteran

zerO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex K
Well, Team Rahal has three teams (Toyota Atlantic, IRL, OWRS) so five cars are possible, I've read somewhere that Honda may support second program in IndyCar for Rahal
Hey Alex,
Honda nixed that project !!! - Rahal wanted Jimmy Vasser to stand in for Kenny Brack until he fully reccuperates, Jimmy said "ok" but he wanted to run a full season in a second car afterwards, Honda said "no", Jimmy said "bye-bye"... and the latest is that Buddy Rice has agreed to sub for Brack and shall not be a second Rahal car in IRL...

...on the other hand: Rahal might spring a second car for Justin Wilson or Andre Lotterer if proper amount of $$$ is found - JW looks like a good possibility ?!

zerO
Old 6 Jan 2004, 17:56 (Ref:829679)   #9
suzmac
Racer

United States
Cleveland, Ohio
I think she is set for another year in Atlantics! I would like to see Joey Hand move up to Champ Car sometime soon.

Sue
Old 6 Jan 2004, 18:22 (Ref:829694)   #10
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If the sponsorship can be found, maybe running Brack in the second CART entry, adn someone like Buddy in a sole IRL entry, would make sense? Kenny should be ready by teh time CART starts at Long Beach, and he knows most of the tracks. Only question mark is that he always did better on ovals when he was last in CART.

Justin Wilson would be great though, he's got the potential to take North America by storm.
Old 6 Jan 2004, 18:44 (Ref:829715)   #11
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From what I've heard, Justins funding is in doubt.

If he had the money, he probably would have been able to keep his seat at Jaguar, or at the very least, have gone back to Minardi.

But I will agree, Justin could do very well here! I won't soon forget his amazing starts in that lousy Minardi!

Danica Patrick