Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 10 Sep 2009, 16:50 (Ref:2537897)   #76
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for Sharing.

L.P.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 16:56 (Ref:2537900)   #77
whitec21
Racer

United States
Las Vegas, NV
whitec21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also I should mention that the car's initial laps were completed by Jamie Campbell-Walter, and then driven by both Cocker and Drayson with excellent results.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 17:52 (Ref:2537938)   #78
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great sound on that clip, photo is good too. Was Jamie driving just to help out with the test, or will he be seeing seat time in an upcoming race?
Old 10 Sep 2009, 18:10 (Ref:2537956)   #79
whitec21
Racer

United States
Las Vegas, NV
He was just helping out with the test. The only drivers at Petit will be Drayson, Cocker and Bell.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 18:13 (Ref:2537958)   #80
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitec21 View Post
He was just helping out with the test. The only drivers at Petit will be Drayson, Cocker and Bell.
Thanks.
and these photos from EI of both cars next to each other are fantastic!
Old 10 Sep 2009, 18:54 (Ref:2537982)   #81
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Shows what Murph knows!

Were both cars out today?

Chris
Old 10 Sep 2009, 20:19 (Ref:2538033)   #82
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
mmmm, would be great if Drayson decided to take Racing Box's place and run the Lola Judd this weekend, could make sense, after all, the car is at Silverstone after all.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 22:30 (Ref:2538096)   #83
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Thanks.
and these photos from EI of both cars next to each other are fantastic!
Yes, the car does look really good! Hats off the the Lord Minister and the crew.

L.P.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 22:44 (Ref:2538098)   #84
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's definitely a stunning car!

Old 11 Sep 2009, 11:34 (Ref:2538428)   #85
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
JayBMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
stunning
Old 11 Sep 2009, 11:37 (Ref:2538431)   #86
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the car looks great and the Judd is singing its standard wonderfull tune.
Old 11 Sep 2009, 15:39 (Ref:2538570)   #87
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
I am somewhat curious/confused by the car. It has both, of what is normally, the N/A roof inlets and the turbo sidepod inlets. ??

L.P.
Old 11 Sep 2009, 16:04 (Ref:2538592)   #88
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
I am somewhat curious/confused by the car. It has both, of what is normally, the N/A roof inlets and the turbo sidepod inlets. ??

L.P.
I think the inlets on top of the rear wheel wells are for brake cooling. The Speedy car has them too, while the AMR cars have NACA ducts in the same place.
Old 11 Sep 2009, 16:10 (Ref:2538598)   #89
whitec21
Racer

United States
Las Vegas, NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
I think the inlets on top of the rear wheel wells are for brake cooling. The Speedy car has them too, while the AMR cars have NACA ducts in the same place.
That is correct, they are for brake cooling. The Turbo intakes are farther inboard and stick up much higher as in this pic: http://www.racecar-engineering.com/imageBank/0/090217_DysonTest_OB0Q7418.jpg
Old 11 Sep 2009, 16:49 (Ref:2538626)   #90
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitec21 View Post
That is correct, they are for brake cooling. The Turbo intakes are farther inboard and stick up much higher as in this pic: http://www.racecar-engineering.com/imageBank/0/090217_DysonTest_OB0Q7418.jpg
I wonder why none of the LMP2 Lolas have incorporated that rear brake ducts? Have they incorporated their rear brake ducts into the side pods or something?

I think the LMP2 looks better in general, and I know Lola did a lot more development on it than they did the LMP1 over last off season. Perhaps the P1 will get many of the P2's developments next year. If I remember correctly they designed an awesome quick change rear end for the P2, but didn't get it done for the P1.
Old 12 Sep 2009, 18:33 (Ref:2539159)   #91
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a look today - looks great
Old 29 Sep 2009, 11:47 (Ref:2550441)   #92
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
last night I was watching my recording of the PLM race and the commentator (hindy?) mentioned that the drayson car recieved a request from IMSA for smaller restrictors to be fitted to the Judd engine as they were concerned about the car being too fast on its debut - I must admit that sounds like a right kick in the teeth for a new team who are not experienced in LMP1, have crossed the atlantic and announced a full 2010 caimpaign.

does anyone know what the size reduction was???

in qualy they were about 1 sec off the Oreca and Intersport times, but during the race they seemed to be able to keep up with both - I think?......
Old 29 Sep 2009, 11:50 (Ref:2550443)   #93
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No idea what the size was, though Drayson (I think - or was it someone else from the team?) said on RLM he felt more flattered than annoyed by the decision
Old 29 Sep 2009, 12:03 (Ref:2550457)   #94
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
in qualy they were about 1 sec off the Oreca and Intersport times, but during the race they seemed to be able to keep up with both - I think?......
they were close to Oreca in the wet .. but in the dry they were constantly about 1 second behind .. with Drayson adding a couple more in his stint

Ciao Marco
Old 29 Sep 2009, 13:27 (Ref:2550516)   #95
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I found this in-car on their website:
Old 29 Sep 2009, 13:33 (Ref:2550522)   #96
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting comments on another thread from DanShenise:

So after attending qualifying on Friday I came away really impressed with the Drayson organization. For a self-funded team, they came off looking like one of the most "together" teams on the grid. This kind of leads me to think my earlier thoughts that the manufacturers just don't get what is possibly in it for them if the put in just a little more effort.

Corvette and Falken were close behind. Corvette's was much more typical race team in their set-up, though they were very fan friendly. Falken had their girls out and that put a smile on my face. What set Drayson apart was they took care to get all the small details together. They realized it was a SHOW, not just a race. They had a PR guy out doing a little presentation followed by Q&A. Their transporter was well done, graphically exciting and clean, the back of the "garage" was done with their graphic scheme, and even though they had a few small sponsors, they didn't try to oversell them. There were four guys in my group, all of us bought Drayson hats.

Its the difference between just servicing the fans, who will be there anyway. You need to appeal to the almost fans (spouses and kids), and non-fans as well. Overall its a wasted opportunity for over 100 large corporations. Look at me, I'm still raving about a foreign privateer three days after the race. And its because they did an outstanding job on completing the package.
Old 29 Sep 2009, 14:25 (Ref:2550549)   #97
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
i agree with you about Drayson and Corvette (I'd add Flying Lizard to the list). Highly professional, well presented and a credit to the teams and the series.

The Q&A is a thing (if i'm thinking of the same thing) organised by the teams and the ALMS at each event. Different teams at each event.
Old 29 Sep 2009, 15:48 (Ref:2550615)   #98
whitec21
Racer

United States
Las Vegas, NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Awesome vid!! Thanks for the link mate.
Old 29 Sep 2009, 17:18 (Ref:2550676)   #99
skeeskirrt
Racer

United States
Boney Mountain
skeeskirrt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, I thought they were very well organized and together for a privateer, though they may have more funds than the average privateer (just speculating).

I did find it interesting that in the tech talk they said that they do plan to run with a KERS at some point once the ACO regulations are sorted out. If my memory serves me right they also said at this point the program is a 3 year deal.
Old 29 Sep 2009, 20:36 (Ref:2550786)   #100
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Great, it's like multiple laps! And the sound of that V10!

What class are those Audis and Peugeots in? One straight line and they're gone!