Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Sep 2002, 21:24 (Ref:390727)   #1
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari display team

So will the ferrari display team be out at indy for yet another race.... does anybody care?
Old 28 Sep 2002, 21:26 (Ref:390728)   #2
Total-F1
Veteran

Total-F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I care this weekend. Rossy boy has apparently decided to loosen the chains in the Ferrari garage and let them fight each other.

Schumi will run away with it...
Old 28 Sep 2002, 21:42 (Ref:390748)   #3
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think ferrari will back schumi for another win. They dont care about the number 2 driver....they have both championships in the bag. Ferrari will help schumi to increase his win record for one season
Old 28 Sep 2002, 21:43 (Ref:390749)   #4
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Ecclestone slams F1 spectacle

Grand prix boss voices concern in TV interview

Ecclestone will be highly critical of F1 on ITV

Grand prix supremo Bernie Ecclestone has publicly accepted that Formula 1 urgently needs to improve its competitiveness if it is to maintain and build upon its popularity
..........................enough said
Old 29 Sep 2002, 10:17 (Ref:390985)   #5
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They pretty much have second place, they've had the WCC and WDC for ages, why can't Ferrari think of the fans for a change and actually let the two drivers in the best car race on the track? So what if they take each other out, what does it matter now?
Old 29 Sep 2002, 10:27 (Ref:390991)   #6
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Damon
They pretty much have second place, they've had the WCC and WDC for ages, why can't Ferrari think of the fans for a change and actually let the two drivers in the best car race on the track? So what if they take each other out, what does it matter now?
They did. At Spa. And will do it again today. However I'm afraid that, again, this GP won't be considered satisfactory.
Old 29 Sep 2002, 12:00 (Ref:391032)   #7
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd say they will let them both race against eachother....Michael is simply untouchable though. Just look at his qualifying time
Old 29 Sep 2002, 12:22 (Ref:391057)   #8
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Jukebox
I'd say they will let them both race against eachother....Michael is simply untouchable though. Just look at his qualifying time
and

Quote:
Originally posted by Red
They did. At Spa. And will do it again today.
I agree with ya guys, they did and they will again today, and once again, Michael will blow Rubens doors off, just as he would at 99 % of the races of the year, sort of makes a mockery when we saw what we saw in Austria don't it
Old 29 Sep 2002, 12:29 (Ref:391065)   #9
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Mr V, that decission, altough cynical was not stupid. Since we all agree that the outcome was the same anyway! The only difference is that if they are forc.. I mean "allowed" to race "misfortunes" can happen. David and Mika blew a couple of races that way, but we should look no further than Italian GP where a certain team allowed their drivers to race... but I digress...

PS: Just a thought, just imagine what if Michael raced Rubens all this year, how many wins by now?
Old 29 Sep 2002, 12:30 (Ref:391070)   #10
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Luca was responsible to what had happened in Austria and those two were only following orders.....why would there be a repeat after both titles have been secured
Old 29 Sep 2002, 12:36 (Ref:391077)   #11
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Red

PS: Just a thought, just imagine what if Michael raced Rubens all this year, how many wins by now?
Well, lets give Rubens the benefit of the doubt and give him Austria, as he was the one asked to move over, but as TGF gifted Rubens his 3 wins, give them to TGF which comes out as

Rubens.........1 TGF........12

i'd say that team orders are hurting TGF more than benefitting him, once again, sort of a mockery ain't it, had TGF and Rubens been allowed to race TGF would still have won as many races at the beginning of the year and not had to pay Rubens back
Old 29 Sep 2002, 12:44 (Ref:391088)   #12
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Well.... I agree... kindof... But I actually I was trying to suggest the possibility of an small crash rather than winning the same amount of races but in a different order. A risk that Ferrari are not willing to take. That's why I said that the decission was logical albeit cynical and pointless anyway (Michael would've still won it by Magny Cours).

Anyway, that was not all that I meant.... As I've learned from a recent thread (something like "Here's the proof that Schumacher ruins Formula 1") Schumacher is the sole responsible for that. Imagine the uproar if he already won 12 races by now...
[/joke]
Old 29 Sep 2002, 16:11 (Ref:391213)   #13
Guy Goddard2
Racer

Guy Goddard2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why don't all the other drives not in a Ferrari club together and give say Alex Young a case of champange if he punts off both Ferraris in the race then at least we would have a race with the others..

Guy