Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Apr 2006, 20:55 (Ref:1578861)   #1
Nintendo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Nintendo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Nico Rosberg....The Next Schumacher?

I've been away for a while so I don't know if this has been brought up lately, but let's look at Nico Rosberg.

The guy came from F3000, and like many F3000 guys, it was unsure about how well he would do in F1. Williams snapped him up and I expected him to struggle this season. But oh no.Rosberg is amazing, and easily one fo the best rookies I've seen in years. Honestly, I was flabbergasted by his speed and ability. As I understand he is signed to a long term Willaims contratc, and rightly so. Will he and Webber be the men who can bring Williams back up to the title again.

Nico Rosberg, as I thoguth before the season, would be a kid who only got the job becuase of his Dad, and therefore I was preprogrammed to hate him. He completely turned my opinion around, and now I can;t wait to see hm winning races. I haven;t bought and F1 Merchandise in 4 years, but I have preordered a Rosberg hat. I think what we have here is a kid we'll be seeing for a long, long time/
Old 11 Apr 2006, 21:03 (Ref:1578872)   #2
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
He is clearly a little bit special.
Old 11 Apr 2006, 21:03 (Ref:1578873)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The simple answer is no. He is the new Nico.

For background: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...highlight=nico

I too am excited and am enjoying seeing him put in good performances, but also still seem quite green.
Old 11 Apr 2006, 21:12 (Ref:1578880)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I really hope so, Nitendo. It would be wonderful to watch a new star rise in F1.
Old 11 Apr 2006, 21:20 (Ref:1578896)   #5
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He has made a good initial impression. So far, that's it.

Let's see how he gets on as F1 moves back to Europe, to circuits he's more familiar with and see how he performs in relation to superman Mark Webber.
Old 11 Apr 2006, 21:43 (Ref:1578949)   #6
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well he is a very good driver and very exciting to watch.... but to say that he will be the next Michael Schumacher so early on in his career is premature
Old 11 Apr 2006, 21:45 (Ref:1578951)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As I said earlier.....

I love to watch him! Great racer, great spirit......he will be godlike!
Old 11 Apr 2006, 21:56 (Ref:1578970)   #8
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
He won't be the Next Schumacher though. Only the next person to enter the sport with the surname Schumacher could reasonably lay claim to that.
Old 11 Apr 2006, 21:57 (Ref:1578972)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Do we want him to be the next Schumacher?

I'll get back to you on that.
Old 11 Apr 2006, 22:31 (Ref:1579024)   #10
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
As I said earlier.....

I love to watch him! Great racer, great spirit......he will be godlike!
Jeez, you practically call everything godlike these days!
Really takes the shine off it, y'know.

Anyway, I'm glad he's doing just fine so early into the season already, just like I thought he would. °gloats°
Here's hoping he can continue this level of performance through the rest of the season, and perhaps even improve considerably!

That would shut Webbo up for a while.

(before anyone jumps me and flames me to hell, it's a JOKE!!)
Old 11 Apr 2006, 22:32 (Ref:1579026)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man
Jeez, you practically call everything godlike these days!
Really takes the shine off it, y'know.
It's my nominated "word of the week"!

Sorry, I'll stop saying it now....
Old 11 Apr 2006, 22:37 (Ref:1579032)   #12
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good boy! °gives cookie°
Old 11 Apr 2006, 22:49 (Ref:1579040)   #13
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are quite a few drivers who had made noticable impacts in their first season but fail to be consistent. It's too early to say if he's as gifted as Michael
Old 12 Apr 2006, 00:13 (Ref:1579086)   #14
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
He certainly has impressed in the first couple of races. I'll judge him after this season, based on his performance against his more experienced teammate. But certainly.. looking good
Old 12 Apr 2006, 00:25 (Ref:1579089)   #15
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Three races in and he has shown great potential.

He may not be the next Schumacher but he is the next Rosberg.
Old 12 Apr 2006, 00:36 (Ref:1579093)   #16
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Oaksnaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course he is quite a bit green, afterall last year in GP2 he didn't have to start every race of the season midfield, which made the first corner a lot easier to handle, unlike F1 where he has made a meal of it already.

But to score points and a fastest lap on debut at Bahrain, it would have to be the most impressive debut drive since Kimi at Sauber when he scored a point - albeit on a technicality.

Hopefully he can stay in F1 for the long haul and if Williams can produce a winning car, expect him to be winning in due time.
Old 12 Apr 2006, 10:48 (Ref:1579339)   #17
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I don't know, the Williams is a nice car to make your debut in isn't it?

I thought he got 'found out' a bit at Melbourne - seemed to struggle with the circuit a bit and over drove in qualifying. Shame we didn't get to see what his progress would've been during the race

There's little doubt he is a real racer though and we like them don't we!!
Old 12 Apr 2006, 11:13 (Ref:1579356)   #18
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's no way that a driver can be judged properly after a few races; many fast drivers have come and gone lucky to get a handful of victories in their entire career.

If speed and race performance was the only criteria to being a champion, then Stirling Moss, Jean Alesi, Alex Zanardi, JJ Lehto, Greg Moore, Juan Pablo Montoya, Jensen Button and Jarno Trulli, would all be multiple race winners and F1 Drivers Champions.

There ws a time when a Ferrari pitstop was a time for a laugh at the moment the team would make some comical error - look nothing went wrong, all the fuels in - great, car pulls away and two corners later a wheel a happily parts company from the car as it longed for its friend the wheel nut, and so headed towards the nearest tyre barrier. - Ferrari head in hands again.

Now the last few years, the Ferrari pitstop is a moment to check the leader board and see how far back the other cars are, and whether the race is already over after the first pitstop.

What is clear about Nico is that he seems able to do his driver 'bit', and it must give the team a lot of saisfaction and confidence for the season ahead.
Old 12 Apr 2006, 11:28 (Ref:1579363)   #19
ASCII Man
Veteran

I wonder what Ferrari pitstops have to do with Nico's talents...
Old 12 Apr 2006, 11:32 (Ref:1579365)   #20
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I did not follow GP2 races last year, so I can aonly give my thoughts of 1 race, as in the other two, he was out too early to judge. And yes, he impressed me. I am expecting a couple of rookie mistakes, but I am also expecxting points and maybe podiums, cause I am sure that he is capable of gettin them this year.

As for the future, I just hope that he will be given a good car to drrive.
Old 12 Apr 2006, 11:38 (Ref:1579367)   #21
kmsport
Veteran

Australia
SA
kmsport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
There is no way we can compare Nico to Webber....then to MS as well... simply because Webber never has, and probably never will be comparable to MS...by acheived, and even current results.
Old 12 Apr 2006, 11:58 (Ref:1579383)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
and now begins the end of the thread...
Old 12 Apr 2006, 12:20 (Ref:1579401)   #23
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why is it that every new driver who finishes beyond dead last is the next MS? Off the top of my head we have gone through this exercise with: Massa Klien Alonso Kimi and now Nico (and im sure I have missed a few)

Maybe hes just Nico Rosberg and will become an excellent driver. No one can compare to MS just as no one could compare to Senna. we love/hate and follow them for different reasons
Old 12 Apr 2006, 12:33 (Ref:1579415)   #24
Smurfer
Racer

Australia
Smurfer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's no way we can compare him so MS yet.

I do think that the future of F1 is safe. I look forward to seeing him race with Kimi and Alonso (hopefully).
Old 12 Apr 2006, 12:50 (Ref:1579426)   #25
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he has started very promisingly but still (perhaps obviously) has a lot to prove over the course of a season and more. This thread brought back memories of Alesi driving the wheels off a pointy nosed Tyrrell round a street circuit years back - he was hailed as a possible great then.

At the end of the day he was "merely" very good. Could be Nico will be at that level, could be better, could be worse - way too early to say really.

Pretty good job done so far though