Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 10 Aug 2007, 20:03 (Ref:1985745)   #276
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We've said it before, at Spa they are good at misleading people for whatever reason.
When they see money, you can be sure they are not going to give it to someone else. I'm at Spa for the 1000km next week Saturday, I'll try to find something out.
Old 10 Aug 2007, 20:58 (Ref:1985788)   #277
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V
We've said it before, at Spa they are good at misleading people for whatever reason.
When they see money, you can be sure they are not going to give it to someone else. I'm at Spa for the 1000km next week Saturday, I'll try to find something out.
well i was there (small problem so i had to stay 10 minutes at the old spa road entrance at la source, ofcourse i had chat with the doctor who talked with me that morning in eau rouge, and inspected this building ) but the building looks not very "special" I would really say its still in the same league as , say the paddock showers
Old 11 Aug 2007, 05:32 (Ref:1985915)   #278
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thank you Eddy,it saves me a long drive!.
Old 11 Aug 2007, 05:34 (Ref:1985919)   #279
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper
well i was there (small problem so i had to stay 10 minutes at the old spa road entrance at la source, ofcourse i had chat with the doctor who talked with me that morning in eau rouge, and inspected this building ) but the building looks not very "special" I would really say its still in the same league as , say the paddock showers

It was never intended to be like that,perhaps they needed to look at the plans as well
Old 21 Mar 2008, 19:16 (Ref:2158413)   #280
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just found out that the local fire department has condemmed the new pit building. According to them the whole building is unsafe and has design flaws.
Will try to find out more.
Old 21 Mar 2008, 19:21 (Ref:2158422)   #281
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ooops! (?)
Old 21 Mar 2008, 22:55 (Ref:2158591)   #282
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Just found out that the local fire department has condemned the new pit building. According to them the whole building is unsafe and has design flaws.
Will try to find out more.

Do you think they might need some foreign ideas?
Wonder if this will affect the Six Hour,The GP,The 24HR-----------
It must have been one of the local protesters who inspected it
Thinking about the layout,it's not hard to see why it has been declared unsafe,imagine a fire in one of the corridors!!!!!

Last edited by terence; 21 Mar 2008 at 22:57.
Old 22 Mar 2008, 04:27 (Ref:2158684)   #283
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You'd think that these plans would need to be passed by the local authority before commencing the works.
Old 22 Mar 2008, 08:16 (Ref:2158729)   #284
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Well yes,but it is Belgium,the country that has no Parliament,so I dont suppose anyone was delegated to check them.Just get it done so as to get F1 back and fill the locals pockets,then perhaps they won't moan about the noise so much!
Old 22 Mar 2008, 13:29 (Ref:2158926)   #285
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
The plans were passed, but if you know the guy who approved them:

It is likely that the old vendetta Stavelot against the track is going to go to full heights again.
One of the mentioned problems is the one Peter says: there is simply no way out, unless you jump.
Old 22 Mar 2008, 13:45 (Ref:2158939)   #286
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Parachutes at every window?
Old 6 Jul 2008, 18:06 (Ref:2245648)   #287
tatounet
Racer

Belgium
tatounet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some more change at the " speaker corner "

bad news for the pictures !
Better view for pilots !

Old 6 Jul 2008, 21:05 (Ref:2245757)   #288
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
That is the downhill from Brussell's isnt it Tatounet ? I can only guess there was an excess of money and it had to be spent,or is Bernie waving his big stick in Belgium too.?
Old 6 Jul 2008, 21:34 (Ref:2245798)   #289
tatounet
Racer

Belgium
Speaker corner just down (rivage or brussel corner)

There are always big crash there ...

They want to open the visibiliy for the pilots.
Not shure it will work with the single seater !
Talk also off a service road !???!
More info wednesday after the spa24H test
Some more macadam in pouhon !

Old 7 Jul 2008, 06:38 (Ref:2245991)   #290
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
It would not be anything to do with F1,would it? I'm sure its for the better though!
Old 8 Jul 2008, 19:39 (Ref:2247421)   #291
tatounet
Racer

Belgium
Pictures from today !
Look like something is going to change !

Old 8 Jul 2008, 20:13 (Ref:2247462)   #292
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
There are even more changes planned for that corner. More run off on the outside, so they are going to take away a big part of the steep hill and move the service road as well.
Even the road on top will be moved way back.
Source: from reliable weekday marshals.
Old 8 Jul 2008, 22:19 (Ref:2247579)   #293
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Blimey I'll be able to drive round there flat out with a blindfold on listening to ZZ Top.
(waits for flack from the usuals)
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 9 Jul 2008, 07:17 (Ref:2247716)   #294
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER
Blimey I'll be able to drive round there flat out with a blindfold on listening to ZZ Top.
(waits for flack from the usuals)

And here it is! I thought that was how you always did it!!!
So they are moving the armco back,perhaps not such a bad idea really on account of the amount of cars that have gone in there.It is a funny corner,everything seems to happen there,like core plugs blowing out,oil being dumped,if there is something waiting to happen,its normally on this corner.
Old 9 Jul 2008, 07:27 (Ref:2247721)   #295
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
I wonder if there is a plan for a Hotel overlooking the corner from on top of the hill?
Old 9 Jul 2008, 08:20 (Ref:2247759)   #296
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
So they are moving the armco back,perhaps not such a bad idea really on account of the amount of cars that have gone in there.It is a funny corner,everything seems to happen there,like core plugs blowing out,oil being dumped,if there is something waiting to happen,its normally on this corner.
Possibly because many people brake late then knock it down a gear and plant the foot not realising they should have held top anyway.
Old 9 Jul 2008, 10:12 (Ref:2247836)   #297
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Now Terri, there is an idea.
Old 9 Jul 2008, 19:45 (Ref:2248189)   #298
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Hmmm,I wonder if the RAC de Spa thought so too.Time will tell Eddy.
Old 24 Jul 2008, 17:59 (Ref:2257296)   #299
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
The new ? refuelling bay

Took a few pictures last week of the new refuelling area at Stavelot corner. From what I've been told even the teams for the 24 hour GT race are going to use it.
As it started to rain, I couldn't bother to open the gates and make some decent piccies, but here goes:

This is the "pit" exit at Stavelot corner, now slightly modified gate. Remember that cars fly past at full speed when you are let go. It doubles up as well now as a gap to put starnded cars in when not in use for refuelling.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Spa_Fuel 001.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	20040

The refuelling bay proper. Remember that once and a while cars go off at speed into the armco at the left side of the pit.

Name:	Spa_Fuel 002.jpg
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	20041

The new pit road inside the first Stavelot corner. Cars race by on the other side of the concrete wall.

Name:	Spa_Fuel 004.jpg
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	20042

As I'm at Spa for the first few hours of the 24 hour in a week, I'll take some pictures from the entry. Now that will be scary, as drivers are on the racing line, slowing down to go through a narrow-ish gate onto the new road.
Old 24 Jul 2008, 18:23 (Ref:2257306)   #300
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Eddy, where is the credit card reader?