Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Jul 2012, 14:28 (Ref:3113270)   #26
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Zsolt Baumgartner?
He would do.
Old 29 Jul 2012, 14:33 (Ref:3113273)   #27
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
DRS didn't work, tyres didn't fall off cliffs, no overtaking other than at the start. What's going on?
Old 29 Jul 2012, 14:53 (Ref:3113285)   #28
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
DRS didn't work, tyres didn't fall off cliffs, no overtaking other than at the start. What's going on?
Sounds like your typical GP.
Old 29 Jul 2012, 15:02 (Ref:3113294)   #29
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Since the British GP these podium interviews seem to be the way to go. Why Placido Domingo? Haven't they got any famous Hungarians?
i like it too and actually thought Domingo did awesome up there.

might have been a lack of overtaking but Alonso's move on Perez at turn 3 more than made up for it.
Old 29 Jul 2012, 15:02 (Ref:3113296)   #30
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh and remarkably Pastor Maldonado demonstrated that. Extreme skill and talent he has. Although possibly not the sporting talent that some would have us believe.
Old 29 Jul 2012, 15:59 (Ref:3113320)   #31
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Nah, stationary yellow, just no overtaking. He did nothing wrong, if there is any sense. Probably not the only driver to set a quick time/sector towards the end.
No stationary yellow still means the driver should slow down, technically there shouldn't be stationary yellows at this meeting as it's FIA flag rules
Old 29 Jul 2012, 16:37 (Ref:3113337)   #32
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Sounds like your typical GP.
No, it's your typical HUNGARIAN GP. Name one other (dry) race here since 2000 that had significant overtaking and excitement? Still better than Monaco though.

The 'purists' must have loved this race
Old 29 Jul 2012, 16:56 (Ref:3113347)   #33
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pastor is moaning about his pen that he got
Old 29 Jul 2012, 17:13 (Ref:3113352)   #34
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well it wasn't intentional, just ineptitude, again.
Old 29 Jul 2012, 17:18 (Ref:3113355)   #35
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Without sounding negative. That was the first boring GP this year...
Old 29 Jul 2012, 17:22 (Ref:3113356)   #36
QnickFTW
Racer

QnickFTW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Oh and remarkably Pastor Maldonado demonstrated that. Extreme skill and talent he has. Although possibly not the sporting talent that some would have us believe.
I actually enjoyed Maldonado's move, I wouldnt want to lose the Maldonado who pulls aggresive moves like that (I could deal without the Maldonado who spins off and crash it on the last lap in Melbourne and do completely stupid things like in Monaco, Valencia or Britain)

I dont think it was penalty-worthy at all, just some good ol' wheel banging racing is what it was.
Old 29 Jul 2012, 17:28 (Ref:3113360)   #37
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quick! youtube Dijon 1979
Old 29 Jul 2012, 17:50 (Ref:3113368)   #38
QnickFTW
Racer

QnickFTW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Quick! youtube Dijon 1979
I know, pretty decent year in mustard industry
Old 29 Jul 2012, 20:04 (Ref:3113399)   #39
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maldonado should have given DiResta his place back in the next corner, and try to overtake him again the next lap. But that never seems to happen anymore this year...
Old 29 Jul 2012, 20:16 (Ref:3113403)   #40
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I thought it was innocent this time, ballsy move, PDR defended fairly but PM lost grip mid corner. I suspect that PM will be made an example of everytime he comes into contact with another car now anyway. He's made a rod for his own back.

Elsewhere i'm afraid Enstone gifted it to Lewis today, Lewis was fairly honest in saying on a quicker track he probably wouldn't have won. However clearly McLaren have made serious steps forward which is great for the chamiponship.
Old 29 Jul 2012, 21:35 (Ref:3113438)   #41
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Without sounding negative. That was the first boring GP this year...
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner View Post
Maldonado should have given DiResta his place back in the next corner, and try to overtake him again the next lap. But that never seems to happen anymore this year...
You can always count on PM to add some flavour to the race !
Old 29 Jul 2012, 23:15 (Ref:3113465)   #42
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Whatever was Mickey Shoe up to at the start? The aborted start lights came up and apparently he switched the engine off. They fired him up again at the start of the pitlane and he took off like a scalded cat! It's hard to judge these things definitively but I thought his speed down the pitlane looked way over the top. If I'm right, he didn't use the limiter at all, but just blasted down to the end (to wait). Red mist?
Old 30 Jul 2012, 00:42 (Ref:3113495)   #43
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
No, it's your typical HUNGARIAN GP. Name one other (dry) race here since 2000 that had significant overtaking and excitement? Still better than Monaco though.

Or Bahrain,
Old 30 Jul 2012, 01:05 (Ref:3113499)   #44
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Whatever was Mickey Shoe up to at the start? The aborted start lights came up and apparently he switched the engine off. They fired him up again at the start of the pitlane and he took off like a scalded cat! It's hard to judge these things definitively but I thought his speed down the pitlane looked way over the top. If I'm right, he didn't use the limiter at all, but just blasted down to the end (to wait). Red mist?
There is something about him going in the wrong grid slot too.
I didn't see him racing down the pitlane but didn't he receive a penalty for it anyway?

It seemed like a bad day at the office, I knew there was going to be trouble half way around the formation lap when Lewis didn't manage the field particularly well and split everyone up.
Old 30 Jul 2012, 01:10 (Ref:3113502)   #45
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Todays race has actually made me think how long we will continue to see an Hungarian GP.
The Track itself isnt very memoriable.
The races are rarely actionpacked.
The manufactures doesnt seem interested in making PR (we didn't see any regional sponsorship other than the maximmuscle on McLaren, eventhoug it was a good chance to market the Dacia brand with all the Renault powered cars).

I honestly think there are tracks and countries who deserve a race more.
Old 30 Jul 2012, 01:13 (Ref:3113503)   #46
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
An now "interesting" statistic on MSC is that he has retired in 6 out of 11 races!
At some point the PR value of his name will be lower than cost of having him driving... I hope he will retire completely before this happen.
Old 30 Jul 2012, 02:08 (Ref:3113510)   #47
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
An now "interesting" statistic on MSC is that he has retired in 6 out of 11 races!
At some point the PR value of his name will be lower than cost of having him driving... I hope he will retire completely before this happen.
I think that is more relevant for the entire Mercedes brand considering they've directly caused 4 of his 6 retirements whilst he was was fairly good points positions. They've also produced cars in the last three years that were capable of only one race win and a smattering of podiums.
Nico has been in terrible form the last 3 races too and has only managed to score 2 points. They must be questioning why they are even bothering to be in the sport anymore rather than their driver choices - they are turning into a new Toyota, plenty of promise but no results.

Out of all the problems Schumacher has had this season, only Spain and Hungary can he be directly blamed for.
Old 30 Jul 2012, 08:51 (Ref:3113599)   #48
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau1 View Post
There is something about him going in the wrong grid slot too.
I didn't see him racing down the pitlane but didn't he receive a penalty for it anyway?
Yes, he just got the standard penalty for pitlane speeding. I think that normally means that a car has not quite got down to the limit as it reaches the start of the limit zone. Therefore they're just a few mph over for a few yards. In this case it looked as though Schuey just blatted down the pitlane at a speed that was visually obvious. If so, a very silly mistake for an experienced driver, and a dangerous one too as people in the pitlane wouldn't be expecting a car at that moment.
Old 30 Jul 2012, 13:49 (Ref:3113742)   #49
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have to confess that TGF is surprising me... everything he didn't do as a rookie, he's doing now.
Old 31 Jul 2012, 14:28 (Ref:3114240)   #50
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Mr Shoemaker needs to have a good long think about what's best for him to do, during this long summer break.