Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Apr 2012, 15:25 (Ref:3064337)   #51
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner View Post
I have a great idea: Organize the 'Grand Prix de France' at the very suitable track located not to far from France, Francorchamps.
It has been done before...
I guess the french won't like the idea...
Old 23 Apr 2012, 16:58 (Ref:3064384)   #52
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AFAIK 'Grand Prix de France' has only ever been held in france-I went to the first one in 1968.Before that it was the GP de automobileclub de France' GP de Suisse has been held at Dijon,France & Hockenheim,Germany.
Old 23 Apr 2012, 21:35 (Ref:3064523)   #53
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
French GP confirmed for 2013. The venue looks to be the Paul Ricard circuit.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/178866/...gp_return.html
It was in L'Equipe today as well and it confirms the circuit as Paul Ricard. The race will alternate with Belgium so it Spa every second year unfortunately. The French GP will start in 3013.
Old 23 Apr 2012, 21:42 (Ref:3064527)   #54
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
It was in L'Equipe today as well and it confirms the circuit as Paul Ricard. The race will alternate with Belgium so it Spa every second year unfortunately. The French GP will start in 3013.
I like the French. They plan ahead.
Old 23 Apr 2012, 22:26 (Ref:3064553)   #55
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wow, 1,001 years is planning waaay ahead !
Old 24 Apr 2012, 13:04 (Ref:3064868)   #56
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
We're in for a bit of a wait then.
Old 24 Apr 2012, 13:08 (Ref:3064870)   #57
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Plenty of time for Ferrari to fix its problems.
Old 24 Apr 2012, 14:27 (Ref:3064925)   #58
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Valancia and Catalonia are discussing alternating their F1 and FIM Road Racing Grands Prix. So Montemeló would get F1 and Cheste the bikes in odd years, and Valencia the F1 and Montmeló the bikes in even years.
Old 24 Apr 2012, 16:25 (Ref:3064998)   #59
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Plenty of time for Ferrari to fix its problems.
Impossible.

No problems means no Ferrari.
Old 25 Apr 2012, 00:51 (Ref:3065222)   #60
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Impossible.

No problems means no Ferrari.
They are Italian after all... Lots of hand movement and arms flying all over the place while talking is an essential part of F1..
Old 25 Apr 2012, 02:33 (Ref:3065227)   #61
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to see the French GP return. But for it to be an alternating race is rather poor, and to be taking the event away from Belgium leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth.

Turkey was a good track for racing but the fans didnt turn up and after Bernie taking his millions has pulled the pin. China has given us some decent racing but the only stand that gets people is the start-finish straight with every other stand covered in advertisements as there is nobody sitting in them. India has had one race so too soon to call it but will have a short novelty appeal as govt, funding etc are all rather precarious.

Spain has two GPs, why not take the European GP off them and have that alternate between France and Spa, and have the Belgian GP and French GP an alternating race. That means you still get a race there every year, but its called the European GP every 2nd year.

Korea...middle of nowhere with no real appeal to any motorsport base. Meh, like it really matters what the punters want. Sux that the GPDA, FOTA etc dont voice the concerns of the fans. If the fans from places like China, Korea, India can be heard along with F1 fans as a whole want to support those GPs then so be it. But i suppose its not a democracy we are talking about...its a business run by a guy whose 51% motivation is huge profit over the good of the sport.

I will add having worked through Asia the past 10 years the European expat makes up a strong percentage of those attending those Asian races

Last edited by OZ_HCR32; 25 Apr 2012 at 02:56.
Old 25 Apr 2012, 03:14 (Ref:3065233)   #62
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
It's Bernie Extortionstone charging tracks as if it's still 2005 and slowly elbowing them out in favour of races in oriental locales with sparse crowds but who have governments who are willing to pay through the nose for a race so they can say they are members of the Western club. There should be room for both France and Belgium on the year every year and for prices that these tracks can afford - and with room to spare to keep facilities at a fair standard. You'd think Bernie being a settled billionaire wouldn't need that character trait of all consuming greed. Guess that's not the way billionaires tick.
Old 25 Apr 2012, 03:30 (Ref:3065235)   #63
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would love for another coup and for the teams to walk from Bernie. He has no doubt done loads for the sport, but he has also ruined many aspects of the sport
Old 25 Apr 2012, 12:19 (Ref:3065355)   #64
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ_HCR32 View Post
I would love for another coup and for the teams to walk from Bernie. He has no doubt done loads for the sport, but he has also ruined many aspects of the sport
It's not going to happen...
Old 25 Apr 2012, 13:40 (Ref:3065398)   #65
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good to see Paul Ricard back. I hope they use the whole of the Mistral straight - I think it could be safe now.

As for Bernie - well it is as much about control as it is money. A shame that F1 left both Watkins Glen and Long beach in the US, as not only would it have been more popular in the US, but Bernie could possibly have ended up owning and controlling both tracks.
Old 25 Apr 2012, 13:57 (Ref:3065405)   #66
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Time is in our favour with Bernie. I just hope the replacement isn't worse...
Old 25 Apr 2012, 13:58 (Ref:3065406)   #67
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
You know when you hear about people winning £130m on the Euromillions - well I'd just love, I mean really love, to use it to put on a non-championship GP. God, I'd love to see his face.

Wouldn't happen of course, what with the Concorde Agreement and all, but I'm a dreamer. The younger element of F1 fans have never known such a thing - there was a time when the sport wasn't actually OWNED by anyone, when teams were free to pick and choose. Hey ho.
Old 25 Apr 2012, 18:10 (Ref:3065502)   #68
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Paul Ricard could alternate with Valencia, if Catalunya keeps their spot.
Old 25 Apr 2012, 20:10 (Ref:3065561)   #69
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I believe Valencia and Barcelona will be alternating from next year. http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2012/0...nues/#comments
Old 25 Apr 2012, 22:05 (Ref:3065597)   #70
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Ouch...
Old 26 Apr 2012, 07:36 (Ref:3065681)   #71
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
It's not going to happen...
Yeh, just have to wait for his successor to hopefully change direction/focus a little
Old 26 Apr 2012, 09:01 (Ref:3065693)   #72
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
But if he is appointed by a bank/CVC, what will we get? I doubt somebody who knows motorsport.
Old 26 Apr 2012, 18:32 (Ref:3065898)   #73
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Does Bernie even act like he understands motorsport anymore though?
Old 27 Apr 2012, 00:11 (Ref:3065990)   #74
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Does Bernie even act like he understands motorsport anymore though?
Does he have too...
Old 27 Apr 2012, 11:55 (Ref:3066121)   #75
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Bernie's a business man. If somewhere else wants to host a race and can meet his demands, and another venue is struggling to come up with the money each year.....

Spain never really had that much interest in four wheels until Alonso came along and won back-to-back titles with Renault. Spains real love is for two wheeled machinery, and has been for many decades.

Now it seems like Alonso's let the mystique of Ferrari attract him to a team that is not what it once was. It cannot offer him what it offered Schumacher in the way of limitless testing and exclusive use of bespoke tyres.