Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 18 May 2013, 17:16 (Ref:3249471)   #251
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
It'll be fine . . .it ****ed down last year ALL WEEKEND!

spent another day prepping the car . . .we have night vision sorted and new boots all round . . .brakes serviced, new gearbox, rebuilt engine with a new sump and pump . . . . Gordon, lamps are controlled by a footswitch to the left of the clutch . . . .
Attached Thumbnails
Adur-20130518-01610.jpg  
Old 18 May 2013, 23:33 (Ref:3249610)   #252
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post

Gordon, lamps are controlled by a footswitch to the left of the clutch . . . .
Can I change gear with it ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 19 May 2013, 07:07 (Ref:3249680)   #253
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
no, I've fitted a Borg Warner for you. no need to worry about brass baulk rings now
Old 19 May 2013, 11:20 (Ref:3249762)   #254
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
no, I've fitted a Borg Warner for you.
I hope it's not a 35 as they are only 3 speed !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 19 May 2013, 11:22 (Ref:3249764)   #255
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Car looks good, Joe. How much weight do the lights add? Have you moved the seat back a tad to compensate on front/rear balance.
Old 19 May 2013, 15:00 (Ref:3249832)   #256
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Car looks good, Joe. How much weight do the lights add? Have you moved the seat back a tad to compensate on front/rear balance.
Talking of the seat, I have longer legs than Joe but we are about the same overall height so it looks like I'll have to have a "kiddy" bolster seat so I can look over the steering wheel !
Also seeing that snow is forecast for next weekend at the circuit I'll dig those snow chains out of the back of the workshop !
Old 19 May 2013, 18:53 (Ref:3249982)   #257
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps Joe could get some platform soled race boots,job done!
Old 20 May 2013, 06:09 (Ref:3250277)   #258
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Just checked the forecast again and it is not just 'sleet showers', but 'heavy snow' during Friday! That really is beyond a joke and hope that it doesn't turn out like that. Was bad enough in March when meetings were cancelled........

Have to get myself back into gear after disappointment at Silverstone yesterday so could do with a more positive forecast!

Old 20 May 2013, 08:16 (Ref:3250344)   #259
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
we have a cushion for Gordon, lamps weigh less than a decent meal, no adjustment required. I cut an old grille to keep them in the car rather than hanging out the front as well.
Old 20 May 2013, 19:10 (Ref:3250729)   #260
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Starting to wonder if Spa is a free for all this weekend . . .no tickets or passes or anything yet . . . . Its never been before . . . and I'd like to see something for the money as I'm sure there'll be the usualy ex gestapo Belgian jobsworths loitering near anything on hinges

If it is a free for all we'll take the spare road Cortina as well, and Gordon can bring the Anglebox
Old 20 May 2013, 20:38 (Ref:3250768)   #261
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone travelling via Lille, Mons and Namur towards Spa: there are some major roadworks going on in both directions.
Mainly between Charleroi and Namur. 50 Kph restrictions and speed cameras.
Old 20 May 2013, 20:48 (Ref:3250771)   #262
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Hey Eddy is back with us. Yes stay away from the the E42 ATM.
Old 20 May 2013, 20:48 (Ref:3250772)   #263
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Cheers Eddy, and Joe I was wondering about passes etc , I am taking my skis with me just in case
Old 20 May 2013, 22:36 (Ref:3250820)   #264
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Snow, snow! I'm coming back from Jamaica for this
Old 20 May 2013, 23:43 (Ref:3250835)   #265
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V View Post
Anyone travelling via Lille, Mons and Namur towards Spa: there are some major roadworks going on in both directions.
Mainly between Charleroi and Namur. 50 Kph restrictions and speed cameras.
Eddy - will they be gone in time for the Summer Classic in 4 weeks' time do you know?
Old 21 May 2013, 01:38 (Ref:3250855)   #266
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Hey Eddy is back with us. Yes stay away from the the E42 ATM.

Looks OK from above.
Old 21 May 2013, 10:07 (Ref:3251021)   #267
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Cliff can you contact Bernie on your arrival as he may meet you over at Spa and needs a hotel name.
Old 21 May 2013, 10:18 (Ref:3251025)   #268
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
What Hotel Al?
Old 21 May 2013, 10:53 (Ref:3251044)   #269
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Team Canary will be camped in the paddock, Al. The Touring cars will be in endurance garages (i.e, old ones) but no idea where truck will be. Not much point in hotel when you are testing and racing in middle of night.......
Old 21 May 2013, 17:49 (Ref:3251244)   #270
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
The hotel where Cliff was staying as he wanted to hook up with them but it looks like he is camping however I cannot see that being a bit of Cliff!!!!
Old 21 May 2013, 18:28 (Ref:3251280)   #271
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
The hotel where Cliff was staying as he wanted to hook up with them but it looks like he is camping however I cannot see that being a bit of Cliff!!!!
It will probably be warmer and less damp in the truck than the B&B we used last two years for 6hrs w/end! Even in the snow still forecast........

Old 21 May 2013, 20:07 (Ref:3251339)   #272
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
The Racing Hotel? Did you look at the roof BEFORE you went in Mike.
Old 21 May 2013, 21:17 (Ref:3251372)   #273
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
We call that the knocking shop Tel !
Old 21 May 2013, 21:54 (Ref:3251386)   #274
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Where are you getting snow forecasts? all I can find is cold and showers.

If its ****ing down 2 years on the trot I'm, going to have to go to Dijon next June!!!

or maybe Australia
Old 21 May 2013, 22:22 (Ref:3251399)   #275
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This one (normally quite reliable) has snow on Friday Zef. Then just wet and cold after that:

http://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Raci...it.aspx?sday=2

Hope you all get better weather than forecast and have a good weekend. Good luck to all 'Tenthers'.