Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Jun 2014, 19:45 (Ref:3417045)   #51
Hendrix
Racer

United States
Minnesota
Hendrix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great race, very happy to see Massa and Perez walk away.
Old 8 Jun 2014, 19:46 (Ref:3417046)   #52
GHOGH
Racer

GHOGH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see a new winner - Riccicardo
Old 8 Jun 2014, 19:48 (Ref:3417047)   #53
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, the bloody crash at the final lap...that was Massa's fault, isn't it?
Old 8 Jun 2014, 19:49 (Ref:3417049)   #54
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
A big off for Massa who collects Perez at the chicane. Brake failure?
Looked like Massa couldn't react to Perez moving slightly to the left.
Old 8 Jun 2014, 19:51 (Ref:3417052)   #55
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I bet Vettel wishes he finished 4th so he wouldn't have to go to the podium ceremony...almost Kimi like
Old 8 Jun 2014, 19:56 (Ref:3417055)   #56
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looked like Massa's mistake but I wonder if there's something about the way these cars behave that makes them less predictable in the brake zone.
Old 8 Jun 2014, 19:57 (Ref:3417057)   #57
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Vettel seems fine to me. His conduct on the podium is far more respectful than Hamilton was last race.
Old 8 Jun 2014, 19:57 (Ref:3417058)   #58
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good race!
Old 8 Jun 2014, 20:00 (Ref:3417061)   #59
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, what a race
Old 8 Jun 2014, 20:04 (Ref:3417066)   #60
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Massa is a complete and utter waste of space. Breathtaking incompetence for a driver of his experience.

I hope he receives a serious penalty.
Old 8 Jun 2014, 20:06 (Ref:3417068)   #61
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's a tad harsh. For now I just hope both drivers don't suffer any delayed effects.
Old 8 Jun 2014, 20:12 (Ref:3417073)   #62
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio Galtieri View Post
Massa is a complete and utter waste of space. Breathtaking incompetence for a driver of his experience.

Behave and act normal man!
Wait for the steward decision on this before talking like this.
Old 8 Jun 2014, 20:13 (Ref:3417074)   #63
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio Galtieri View Post

Up until then he drove a good race. It will be interesting to see if he misjudged Perez move or if it was something to do with the car, as it didn't seem to slow down at all.
Old 8 Jun 2014, 20:17 (Ref:3417078)   #64
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And Magnussen was lucky to finish 9th after the crash!
Button was lucky to get 4th.
Old 8 Jun 2014, 20:20 (Ref:3417082)   #65
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNo1F1Fan View Post
And Magnussen was lucky to finish 9th after the crash!
Button was lucky to get 4th.
That's part of motorsport, you benefit from someone elses misfortune.
Old 8 Jun 2014, 20:20 (Ref:3417085)   #66
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Unreliabilty=unpredictable racing. You see Bernie we don't need gimmicks, this is proper racing

Ever noticed how all drivers who have taken their first win have benefitted from someone in front hitting problems apart from Hamilton. Not taking anything away from them, because to finish first, first you have to finish.
Old 8 Jun 2014, 20:25 (Ref:3417088)   #67
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Unreliabilty=unpredictable racing. You see Bernie we don't need gimmicks, this is proper racing

Ever noticed how all drivers who have taken their first win have benefitted from someone in front hitting problems apart from Hamilton. Not taking anything away from them, because to finish first, first you have to finish.
What about Maldonado?
Old 8 Jun 2014, 20:27 (Ref:3417090)   #68
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau1 View Post
What about Maldonado?
I still reckon that was someone else.
Old 8 Jun 2014, 20:27 (Ref:3417091)   #69
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Its a motor race your entitled to crash.Win it or bin it.
Old 8 Jun 2014, 20:27 (Ref:3417092)   #70
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
2014 Canadian Grand Prix

I meant at Montreal.
Old 8 Jun 2014, 20:29 (Ref:3417094)   #71
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
Looked like Massa's mistake but I wonder if there's something about the way these cars behave that makes them less predictable in the brake zone.
Definetly. The KERS harvesting is on both axles. These cars run brake-by-wire which means the car's computer figures out how to achieve the desired braking force from pedal pressure utilizing both the kers harvest setting and mechanical brakes. Brake by wire is supposed to go undetected but many drivers have said it is a different feeling.

Last edited by Articus; 8 Jun 2014 at 20:37.
Old 8 Jun 2014, 20:38 (Ref:3417099)   #72
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
What a weird race!! Montreal does throw em up though doesn't it!

How did Nico R get away with all that car trouble?!

Chuffed for Ricciardo, that win has been coming, he's been on it all year.

Gutted for Perez who held on for that long under intense pressure. I thought he may have been driving slower to preserve either the tyres or the car for a long time to have enough left to have a go at Rosberg near the end, but his tyres gave up and he was driving one handed for a lot of the time too with his electrical issue?

Strange accident between him and Massa though, could it be a case of 2 guys with red mist seeing their best chances slip away so usual limits went out the window?

Gutted for Williams. They could've won that race if they'd been bolder with strategy once it was known that the Mercs were ailing but it did seem that the car eats tyres quickly so maybe they were always hamstrung by rubber.

What happened to JEV, great opening stint and then vanished?!

Kimi? What is he doing for goodness sakes....

Great charge from Button late on too!
Old 8 Jun 2014, 21:04 (Ref:3417115)   #73
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I'd love to have seen what could have happened if Massa tried to hang on on those tyres.

The car was so quick down the straights.

What a thriller!

Selby
Old 8 Jun 2014, 21:16 (Ref:3417132)   #74
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
How on earth did Button get past Alonso and Hulk? TV coverage missed it, understandably given that everything was kicking off.

Am I the only one who thinks Perez turned in on Massa? I need to see that again.
Old 8 Jun 2014, 21:17 (Ref:3417133)   #75
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
I still reckon that was someone else.
It was. Maldonado.