Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Nov 2014, 20:21 (Ref:3471600)   #301
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Right now its just in windtunnel scale model form. But I have no issue differentiating the lmp2's. If the shape is the same you can at least see a difference in its lights, which this lacks so far. Looks like it has the roof bulges-
Old 4 Nov 2014, 21:54 (Ref:3471633)   #302
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well first glance it looks like all the other LMP2 coupe's it really needs something to make it stand out.
At first glance the sidepods look a bit different and I've a feeling the roofline differs from the Ligier, which realistically is the only one we've seen to date.

As others have said, once there's lights and livery on it I suspect we'll see some variety. Still miss the obvious differences between chassis we had in the pre-fin days, but if this is the only game in town I'm not going to object.
Old 5 Nov 2014, 03:28 (Ref:3471707)   #303
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
You definitely wont confuse this bad boy!
Old 5 Nov 2014, 14:14 (Ref:3471824)   #304
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No you wont!

I can't wait to see the Ligier, Oreca, HPD, Dome, and SMP all on the grid next year. Good to see new blood in LMP2. Hope they let them stick around for more than a couple seasons.....
Old 8 Nov 2014, 00:58 (Ref:3472668)   #305
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Coyote P2? Apparently if you want to win the IMSA series you need a car mad in America. That is according to the folks at Action Express/ Coyote.

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/11069...yote-eyeing-p2
Old 8 Nov 2014, 06:50 (Ref:3472729)   #306
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news coming from Coyote, although Jim France's team doesn't want to change their cars just yet.
Old 8 Nov 2014, 14:12 (Ref:3472828)   #307
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If the Coyote chassis still gets sidelined with external bodywork on top and rebranded as "Corvette P2" or "Ford P2" anyway I don't know why anybody would want to be part of such chassis business, other than money of course. Which is a good reason I guess

Of course, someone outside States could buy one, but that is just 'maybe'
Old 8 Nov 2014, 14:19 (Ref:3472831)   #308
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this will happen only if GM will hire coyote as only and official manufacturer for the "corvette lmp2" (as basicly P&M for C7R and the CTS V-R).
Old 8 Nov 2014, 17:11 (Ref:3472860)   #309
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also according to them, they're the only ones that build and race their own chassis. OAK must not count since it's not a DP. Coyote is going to have a lot to learn about building an actual race car, and not a Winston Cup sportscar.
Old 8 Nov 2014, 17:45 (Ref:3472863)   #310
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Didn't know half of the DP field are Coyote's. Thought it was still Riley territory.
Old 8 Nov 2014, 19:01 (Ref:3472882)   #311
Danske
Veteran

Danske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Didn't know half of the DP field are Coyote's. Thought it was still Riley territory.
It only takes three to be half, and I think the only Rileys left are Ganassi and Shank after Gainsco crashed out. Were it not for Ganassi lucking out at Sebring and COTA the P2s would have more wins then Rileys, not even counting that those wins would have then gone to a P2.
Old 8 Nov 2014, 20:47 (Ref:3472902)   #312
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If you look at the DP regs there are only three chassis constructors who are even eglible to make those things (Coyote/Riley/Dallara) by law.

I'd be interest to see what this P2 would look like if it actually happened - but without the obvious OEM bodywork. If someone actually wanted to run it at Le Mans, it'd be just bare Coyote and no BS on top. Assuming "Coyote P2" without Corvette/Ford/whatever bodywork would actually have some kind of body of it's own, and be fully ACO legal
Old 8 Nov 2014, 22:37 (Ref:3472925)   #313
morningview66
Racer

morningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmorningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do think the liger, is a bloody lovely looking car, no matter what colour scheme ive seen on it soo far. I'm really hoping the other new lmp2 coupes are going to be just as good and diverse.

I feel the lmp1s are getting a little boxy at the front for my liking, though im sure thats the fastest solution to the rules.

Old 9 Nov 2014, 00:08 (Ref:3472955)   #314
TF110
Veteran

United States
I prefer the dome to the ligier, but neither are that pretty imo. The new rules have made the cockpit look too high, almost like a bubble on top of a nice car. The fins dont help any either.
Old 9 Nov 2014, 00:21 (Ref:3472963)   #315
Deleted
Veteran

The only new gen coupes that visually please me (bar shark fins and the usual) are the R-One, and to lesser extent 919. Also the rendering HPD gave us of their new ARX-04 looks sexy, but since we haven't see the real thing the judgement is reserved.

Oak looks "fine" from certain angles, but all the rest... R18 version whatever, TS040, Dome, Kodewa, LMP3 cars... not getting it.

Of course, even the most hideous LMP is still Miss Universum compared to prettiest DP.
Old 9 Nov 2014, 00:37 (Ref:3472974)   #316
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Modern prototype coupes all look too tall and too narrow because we are used to cras which had similar power (from the ICEs) and could burn all the fuel they could buy (except group C of course) and were a lot less aero-efficient, so width meant more for mechanical and aero grip and drag meant less.

I'd prefer the cars be lower and wider ... but safety and efficiency trump that.

I was just looking at some late-'80s GTP/Group C cars from Toyota, Mercedes and Jaguar---beautiful, simple, brutal cars. They look kind of like what DPs could look like instead of what they do look like.

But that's just it. I love historic racing (making the long haul to Daytona to see some next weekend in fact) but I don't want cars designed to look like anything except fast cars.

The cars we loved in the past weren't consciously designed to look any particular way; nor should today's cars be.

There might come a time when regulations and technology conspire to create opportunities for truly beautiful racing cars to flourish once again. Until such time, i will enjoy what I can aesthetically of the new breed, and be pleased by their performance.
Old 9 Nov 2014, 00:41 (Ref:3472976)   #317
Deleted
Veteran

Lower and wider... maybe also bigger. Someone elsewhere pointed out from this pic how very small the current prototypes really are (in contrast to GTs) - and indeed look at it. The 458 is almost like a tank.

Old 9 Nov 2014, 01:25 (Ref:3472986)   #318
TF110
Veteran

United States
The roofline is taller this year and the cars are slimmer than 2013. Porsche has the 'bubble roof' (i call it that at least) and dome has the same plus the handlebars which help a little. But the nosecone is as high as the front fenders. Then the cockpit just looks like its been placed on top of all that.
Old 9 Nov 2014, 17:34 (Ref:3473179)   #319
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"Just been sent a rather enigmatic CAD rendering of a new LMP2 engine..."

A cryptic tweet from Racecar Engineering. Come on, Sam, what is it?
Old 13 Nov 2014, 19:16 (Ref:3474314)   #320
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
From the S365 Thursday Notebook, G-Drive will have a new "luxury sports car" engine in their Ligier(s) next season.

Any guesses? German, British, Italian, or other?
Old 16 Nov 2014, 05:42 (Ref:3475301)   #321
TF110
Veteran

United States
Not sure if posted, but heres Krohn's Ligier

Old 16 Nov 2014, 05:57 (Ref:3475307)   #322
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Not sure if posted, but heres Krohn's Ligier

Needs some blue accents there...
Old 16 Nov 2014, 08:34 (Ref:3475339)   #323
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not a pretty sight.
Old 16 Nov 2014, 10:25 (Ref:3475377)   #324
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeiTzei View Post
Not a pretty sight.
Whaaaaat?

I think it's a beauty.
Old 16 Nov 2014, 10:28 (Ref:3475378)   #325
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
While I'm here, are there any updates at all on the Pilbeam MP100 and the Tiga LM214?
I hope they appear, I know they far older in concept than the Ligier, but variety is te spice of life. The more manufacturers represented the better.