Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 21 Jul 2005, 13:05 (Ref:1360095)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice Item

Here's a nice item for sale on Ebay for both Le Mans and GPL fans......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...221103583&rd=1

(And I stress its nothing to do with me).
Old 24 Jul 2005, 21:20 (Ref:1362345)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very nice, I hope you have your bid in Ayse....
Old 25 Jul 2005, 11:31 (Ref:1362835)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Much too pricy for me Rob.

I'd like a copy from 1970 though.
Old 3 Aug 2005, 11:55 (Ref:1371014)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It fetched £45.76......
Old 11 Aug 2005, 12:41 (Ref:1379815)   #5
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Selling my Ferraris

Between the ages of 12 and 17 I collected a load of 1/43rd scale Ferrari's, but the time has come to flog em all off - mianly because I've lost 'la passione' and got into Porsches instead. So with regret one by one they are going on ebay.

I'm keeping a few broken ones and some badly made kits and thats about it.

What would it take for you lot to sell up your model collections?
Old 11 Aug 2005, 13:43 (Ref:1379861)   #6
lj79
Veteran

Qatar
lj79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've now got over 350 1/43 sportscar and gt racers including some very rare ones from Madayaro, BBR, Midlantic, Francorchamps Mini Models.

Only sell them if I was faced with poverty.
Old 11 Aug 2005, 14:18 (Ref:1379902)   #7
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have kept my non Ferraris
Old 11 Aug 2005, 14:39 (Ref:1379919)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
To sell my entire collection would be hard........

I am in need of a little cash boost at the moment and skimmed my entire collection the other day and could only sell two cars without feeling any regret. And I've only bothered to put one of them on eBay as the other is pretty worthless, being a Ralf Schumacher car.
Old 11 Aug 2005, 22:29 (Ref:1380257)   #9
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
Ayse what do you reckon to the press book? - I have just listed my last one
Old 12 Aug 2005, 08:34 (Ref:1380479)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Its excellent. I knew what to expect though - Paul Truswell gave me one in 2004. I'd like to get hold of more, but I can't afford it. You don't want a 1983 GP of Europe programme do you......?
Old 12 Aug 2005, 08:36 (Ref:1380481)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I must admit after buying my new guitar I've put a load of stuff on Ebay, including one book I didn't really want to sell, but it ought to raise £20-25. I'm also putting a load of 60s records on which my mother-in-law gave me. I was researching them last night - loads of Mrs. Mills and the like - its surprising what these things go for - £15-20 apiece.......
Old 12 Aug 2005, 08:37 (Ref:1380483)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm going to combine the two recent threads and give the combined one a new title. It'll give us the chance to talk about motorsport memorabilia (and other) auctions. We just need to be careful that we don't break rules by deliberately using Tenths to advertise our own wares.......
Old 12 Aug 2005, 20:52 (Ref:1380919)   #13
lj79
Veteran

Qatar
lj79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ayse - what is your fave item of memorabilia?
Old 14 Aug 2005, 21:09 (Ref:1382220)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Oh gosh, that's difficult. But possibly a towel. A full sized bath sheet of Ayrton Senna in the McLaren. Strange one eh? My sister gave it to me - quite some time before he died. I've no idea where she got it from and I've never seen one like it.......

Oh, and I ought to share this Ebay moment. Last weekend I bought an old super 8 cine film of a 1954 soccer match between Brazil and Hungary. £1 at a car boot sale - a last minute spur of the moment purchase just as I was leaving. Today I sold it on Ebay for £67......
Old 15 Aug 2005, 12:47 (Ref:1382701)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
And an old mobile for £72..... Things are looking up!
Old 16 Aug 2005, 10:14 (Ref:1383439)   #16
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I once listed all of the car sales brochures I had collected from Motor Shows as a child on eBay. One collector from California bid on each and every one of them and eventually spent over £1000 on my listings. The weight of the parcel alone was 25 kilos eventually.

I had to ask him what an American could possibly want with things such as a 1982 Talbot Alpine brochure or a paint-chip card for the 1975 Hillman Imp. He explained that he'd been collecting American brochures for years and had pretty much got everything that was available. So he'd decided to expand to every brochure he could locate worldwide.

I wonder how his collection's doing...
Old 16 Aug 2005, 13:07 (Ref:1383608)   #17
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A couple days before the Royal Wedding this year, I had a look on ebay and it appeared that the stamps were selling for a bit more than they were worth, so being a student and always needing money, I thought I would get in on the act and make a couple quid. Eventually 2 sets of stamps sold for 35 and 37 quid!!! I found this suprising as the bidders were from the Uk and were easily able to just go to the post office and buy them for 2 pound a sheet!
Old 16 Aug 2005, 20:42 (Ref:1384021)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
As they say, people will buy anything. I'm currently selling an empty Nokia phone box and manual. And I have several bidders....... Nowt so strange as folk.
Old 16 Aug 2005, 20:54 (Ref:1384039)   #19
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are we allowed to disclose our feedback rating on here?
Old 17 Aug 2005, 15:35 (Ref:1384735)   #20
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
nowt saying we cant?
Old 17 Aug 2005, 15:54 (Ref:1384755)   #21
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
I do ebay, but only as purchaser at the moment. Can't be doing with the hassle of packing stuff up and sellotaping it and getting postage quotes when realistically there's only about 4 hours in the week when I can do that and those are the hours when Holly Willoughby is on telly.

I might have to change that, though, as a spurt of completionism means I now have several spare Clymer books (bought 11 editions for $225, including the hyper-rare 1958 and 1961, now need to get shot of about 7 of them) and a spare 1984 Le Mans yearbook - and I might make a bob or two on them. Or I might part-ex them somewhere.
Old 19 Aug 2005, 23:49 (Ref:1386740)   #22
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought I'd sell stuff on ebay but don't want all the hassle well can't be bothered I just buy if I have enough money. But haven't since February.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 15:56 (Ref:1387549)   #23
Scribble
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
Scribble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I ebay as a buyer and seller, but I admit selling can be a pain when having to find postage charges. Small things are easy enough, kitchen scales and the post offices website, but bigger things that wont stay on the bathroom scales.....

Let me see, what have I got rid of...a pile of renault sponsored leatherman multi tools, a couple of mobile phones, other bits and pieces, but the one thing I didnt sell is my pride and joy and secretly, though I really could do with the cash, I put the opening bid too high - a BAR honda rear wing end plate signed by JB, TS and AD....so its back in position on the wall where is belongs
Old 21 Aug 2005, 23:12 (Ref:1387878)   #24
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i have a 1992 btcc programme from oulton park, mint con and signed by almost the whole grid( i think its all except for palmer) and some reason signed by will hoy twice. always think of sticking it on there to see what i could get and then think if it was only goin for a few quid i would be really upset................
Old 24 Aug 2005, 11:55 (Ref:1390106)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravel_monkey
i have a 1992 btcc programme from oulton park, mint con and signed by almost the whole grid( i think its all except for palmer) and some reason signed by will hoy twice. always think of sticking it on there to see what i could get and then think if it was only goin for a few quid i would be really upset................

Don't get too excited. I sold a Thruxton F3/BTCC prog about 4 months ago - it was from the year that Coulthard and Barrichello were in F3. Had their sigs plus most of the rest of the F3 abnd BTCC fields, plus Win Percy (who had just looked in for the day), Murray Walker and Jackie Stewart as well. I think I got about £15 for it, if I remember rightly......

BTW, I'm +91 on feedback....... I buy and sell.