Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give it?
10 0 0%
9 2 3.85%
8 5 9.62%
7 7 13.46%
6 8 15.38%
5 12 23.08%
4 10 19.23%
3 6 11.54%
2 0 0%
1 2 3.85%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21 Sep 2014, 12:58 (Ref:3456296)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the race: Singapore Grand Prix 2014

What score do you give it?
Old 21 Sep 2014, 14:38 (Ref:3456316)   #2
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gave it a six, I was hoping for a little rain.
Old 21 Sep 2014, 14:54 (Ref:3456321)   #3
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Giving it a 9. If Vettel defended his position and Ricciardo overtook Hamilton and Red Bull finishing 1-2, I would give it a 10.
Old 21 Sep 2014, 16:57 (Ref:3456354)   #4
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A 9 for such a dull race?
Old 21 Sep 2014, 17:14 (Ref:3456355)   #5
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Maybe it's me but I just couldn't really engage with this race. I suppose I was looking forward to the next chapter in the Hamilton-Rosberg saga but it unfortunately didn't materialize. Otherwise there wasn't anything that grabbed my attention. 3
Old 21 Sep 2014, 17:25 (Ref:3456360)   #6
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingguest View Post
A 9 for such a dull race?
That's what I give a race if there's good results for a driver that I like.
Old 21 Sep 2014, 17:39 (Ref:3456365)   #7
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We were sort of robbed of an epic duel - with Rosberg dropping out. It had action at the start(Alonso going off at the first corner) and there was some racing down the field(Vergne super pass on Kimi on fresh tyres). It wasn't quite a snoozefest - but I admit it was hardly the race of the season. I am going to give it a 6.
Old 21 Sep 2014, 18:56 (Ref:3456376)   #8
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
No epic duel but some fun in the mid field held some attention for me. the finishing runs by Hamilton, Vergne, and Perez. So a 7. Nothing really outstanding.
Old 21 Sep 2014, 19:03 (Ref:3456377)   #9
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I love the challenge and skill level needed to race in Singapore... 8
I have visited the city its an amazing place..
Old 21 Sep 2014, 19:52 (Ref:3456391)   #10
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quite unsatisfied. Didn't want to see the race. Dull. 4.
Old 21 Sep 2014, 20:00 (Ref:3456392)   #11
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Amazing and pretty location, but dull race.

Track needs a redesign to encourage more overtakes. Yes, I know its a street circuit and that would be difficult.
Old 22 Sep 2014, 16:43 (Ref:3456661)   #12
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Amazing and pretty location, but dull race.

Track needs a redesign to encourage more overtakes. Yes, I know its a street circuit and that would be difficult.
The track has kerbs in the middle of tarmac fields. Someone has *deliberately* chosen that layout (for whatever reason). You could just move the kerbs back 8-10 metres and bang you transform a 60mph chicane, into an impressive 100mph sweeper. An example there is the penultimate corner which could be really quite amazing if it weren't for that massive kerb (creating the tight right hander) which they decided was necessary.

For me the race was ok, not great. I just think its incredible that we have had 7 races now at Singapore and not one fully wet session.
Old 23 Sep 2014, 10:31 (Ref:3456839)   #13
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7 typical Singapore needed a safety car to liven it up but l love the look of the cars under lights.
Old 21 Sep 2014, 23:49 (Ref:3456441)   #14
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
A 4 will do.

The scenery is nice, but we don't really need another race track where you can't overtake.
Tyre differences did help us get a few overtaking manoeuvres, OK, but still...

I'm a bit disappointed Red Bull didn't put one of their car on the supersofts in the end.
Look at what Perez did and how much time he gained in the last 10 laps.
Instead of going for a safe 2nd and 3rd, why not take a gamble and gun for the win?
I might even have tricked Hamilton into stopping earlier, and that could then have helped the other Red Bull car.
Old 22 Sep 2014, 01:02 (Ref:3456454)   #15
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gave it a 7.
Of course if we had exactly the same race back in what a lot of people call "the Golden Era" everyone would have rated it at least a 9.
We are getting a bit spoiled.
Old 22 Sep 2014, 01:24 (Ref:3456458)   #16
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
8 - Its like Monaco in disco lights !

On pins and needles for the Hamilton pit.
Old 22 Sep 2014, 07:59 (Ref:3456541)   #17
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

[QUOTE=gert;3456441]A 4 will do.

The scenery is nice

Huh? You should get out and about more.
Old 22 Sep 2014, 04:31 (Ref:3456499)   #18
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was going to give it a 6, but then unintentionally clicked 8. My subconscious obviously enjoyed the race more than I did.
Old 22 Sep 2014, 08:38 (Ref:3456550)   #19
Bakersboy
Racer

England
Stoke on Trent
Bakersboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The race was as boring as the circuit. Just a 4
Old 22 Sep 2014, 08:42 (Ref:3456551)   #20
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The processional nature of the race as well as the long safety car period made the race feel long, slow, and boring. Perhaps, having been already thoroughly exhausted from attending the TUSCC/WEC weekend as I watched Singapore GP on Sunday evening might have contributed to my mood. But hey! At least Vettel finally managed to finish ahead of Ricciardo this year, proving that his four world champion titles weren't a fluke :-)
Old 22 Sep 2014, 10:21 (Ref:3456566)   #21
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I gave it a seven. I had to watch the highlights, so that arguably distorted my perception of the race as a whole. I found the battle for the lead exciting enough and there were a few other good overtakes and battles. The circuit reminds me a bit of an improved version of those 90-degree corner circuits such as Detroit.
Old 22 Sep 2014, 10:30 (Ref:3456567)   #22
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
7 from me, too. I watched it after a day at a club meeting at Rockingham, and it managed to keep my attention for about 70% of the race. I thought the SC period was far too long, though.
Old 22 Sep 2014, 15:10 (Ref:3456626)   #23
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
those Mclarens looked damn hot under the lights (and apparently hot inside too)!!!

given that i have been so vocal on the radio ban issue i certainly went into this race thinking that i was not going to like it.

i didnt like that we heard no messages between NR and Merc. didnt like the overall lack of messages either. im sure i will get used to it though.

putting that aside i felt it was still a fairly average race compared to what we have seen so far this year. NR dropping out early, RB not taking a chance as it looked like they could have capitalized on Merc's overly conservative strategy, a long SC, and the race time limit coming on despite the fact (and i could be wrong here) they only had two laps left and i think they did complete the full race distance.

kind of thought this race was a bit amateurish . gave it a 5
Old 26 Sep 2014, 20:01 (Ref:3457929)   #24
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
those Mclarens looked damn hot under the lights (and apparently hot inside too)!!!

given that i have been so vocal on the radio ban issue i certainly went into this race thinking that i was not going to like it......

....kind of thought this race was a bit amateurish . gave it a 5
Amateurish? Really? I chuckled at this.
All organisation is by FOM and the FIA. Charlie is the race director... Charlie is amateurish?

Well, if you say so..,
Personally I liked it, found lots to keep me interested and it came alive at the end. Safety car was too long though, and largely unnecessary, or they should have dealt with the issue more efficiently.

Last edited by Teretonga; 26 Sep 2014 at 20:07.
Old 27 Sep 2014, 14:03 (Ref:3458112)   #25
smellysocks
Racer

Canada
smellysocks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Such a long tedious and boring race.

The Mercedes dominance and a very poorly timed safety car which made the race a slow tire conservation effort to the end conspired to make this one of the dullest of the mainly dull races this season.

Bring on 2015.