Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 Apr 2002, 12:01 (Ref:260937)   #1
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans Pre-Qualifying, May

If you can't make the main event in June , I recommend going to the qualifying in May.
I did it last year, and it makes a nice but quick weekend
You can wounder where ever you want, any of the tribunes, above the pits where ever takes your fancy, of course except the pit lane itself, but we did try.
Obviously the village is very quiet with only one or two of the little bars open.
If you fancy going and want any information on tickets, camping etc let me know egor
Old 16 Apr 2002, 08:19 (Ref:261817)   #2
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
Qualifying- Bentley Pic

Here's a picture of the number 7 Bentley, taken at qualifying last year from above their pit.
I stood here for an hour or so watching them practice pit stops - brilliant

The qualifying is non stop action, with everyone trying as hard as they can, and no millions of press in your way to spoil your pics!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
bentley.jpg  
Old 16 Apr 2002, 16:30 (Ref:262293)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Like it!

I guess it's just the particular angle of the shot, but the car looks a couple of feet shorter at that angle!

I've got a similar photo of one of the Cadillacs from last year which Fab kindly sent me.
Old 17 Apr 2002, 07:37 (Ref:262757)   #4
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
Ayse, It may also be how I've played with the pic to fit it into 400x400 pixels. Still not one hundred percent sure on posting my pics the best way, also my scanner seems to darken the image, have a look at the Mclaren image, in your Mclaren on Film thread to see what i mean.
Any tips or advice please let me know.
Many thanks Egor.
Old 23 Apr 2002, 21:07 (Ref:268879)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Egor, one thing I would suggest is that you "constrain dimensions" (as Photoshop calls it) when you re-size your images for posting here. Don't worry about it having to be 400x400 pixels - that's not the case. As long as the longest edge (be that horizontal or vertical) doesn't exceed 400, you'll be OK. When I edit a shot for posting here I reduce it to 390 pixels along the longest edge, that way I can normally be sure it will post OK.

As far as dark images are concerned, mine come out of my scanner quite dark too, almost muddy with poor colour rendition, but Photoshop cures all that, making the shot look pretty much like the one I took in the first place. If you let the programe "auto-adjust" a large image, it's almost like watching someone clean off the grime, section by section, leaving you with a good shot.

Just to experiment, I'll download your McLaren and see what Photoshop makes of it. Back soon......
Old 23 Apr 2002, 21:17 (Ref:268886)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Hmmm! That pic is very dark, isn't it!
Using the auto menu on Photoshop only made it worse, but I've had a little play with it. You might think its a little better? With a bit more mucking around I think it could be made better still. Was the print (if it was a print) as dark? If it wasn't, I guess you need to have another look at your scanner settings....
Attached Thumbnails
emka mac1.jpg  
Old 24 Apr 2002, 13:21 (Ref:269384)   #7
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
Thanks Ayse, but the original print is a bit better, the white is not as bright as in your pic above and you can see the driver a bit clearer. I have another pic of the same car in this race I'll try that one, and see whet happens.
Thanks Egor...
Old 24 Apr 2002, 21:23 (Ref:269838)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Don't worry, I knew my efforts weren't that hot - after all, I only played with it for about 30 seconds.....

If the original print was a lot better, my first question would be what settings are you using on your scanner and then what photo-editing software are you using?
Old 24 Apr 2002, 23:02 (Ref:269891)   #9
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Egor I posted on this on the other thread, its the gamma - just change that in Photoshop and it looks really good. Takes 10secs.