Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Dec 2004, 12:29 (Ref:1187402)   #1
Frosty
Rookie

Frosty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Walden brings Sydney back to main game

confirmed here: http://www.v8central.com/v8supercar/...p?newsitem=644

great to see garth with a seat for 2005!! and now sydney have their own v8 team again.
Old 24 Dec 2004, 12:39 (Ref:1187415)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good news for Team Dynamik then... selling one car here to the Waldens.. and the other to Mr Verdnik....

All shiny new toys for that team in 2005 for Mr Davison and Mr Wills.

As for the Walden team... well its not polite to be too negative at this time of year now is it... maybe Santa brought the car to them?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 24 Dec 2004, 12:59 (Ref:1187432)   #3
James63
Veteran

Australia
Q
James63 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope Garth can start to move up in the field...or atleast keep with the rest of the field by the end of the new season. Good luck to him/them.
Old 24 Dec 2004, 13:10 (Ref:1187436)   #4
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i agree good to see someone that is vertually an unknown moving up without the support of holden or ford.

good luck in 2005 waldo.
Old 24 Dec 2004, 21:48 (Ref:1187646)   #5
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck to Walden. I think he is going to need it though. No major sponsor so they might be doing it a bit tough.
Old 24 Dec 2004, 22:46 (Ref:1187679)   #6
resisturban
Racer

resisturban should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PWR seemed to do alright without a major sponsor
Old 24 Dec 2004, 22:50 (Ref:1187680)   #7
pete55
Veteran

Kees Weel isn't exactly short of a quid. Chandlers put in a tidy sum and the PWR Performance Products would have put in a fair bit too as they are promoting their new business.
Old 25 Dec 2004, 06:18 (Ref:1187740)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
From RaceNews... working on Xmas day....

Walden Motorsport
Dec 25 2004
WALDEN SYDNEYS SOLE ENTRY IN V8 CHAMPIONSHIP

With Tasman Motorsport relocating to Melbourne, it looked for a while, as if there would be no Sydney based team in the 2005 V8 Supercar Championship, that is until Walden Motorsport announced their 2005 plans yesterday.

After competing in selected rounds of this years championship driving an old and outdated AU Ford Falcon, 22 year old Garth Walden will launch an all out attack in 2005.

The team will switch from Ford to Holden, and the youngster with the movie star looks, will drive an ex Team Dynamik Holden Commodore.

The car is the VY Commodore chassis # TD002, driven by Simon Wills this season, where it posted some very handy results, finishing in the top 10 seven times, and top 5 on 5 occasions.

For Walden, the 2004 season was a steep learning curve, as he took as huge step up from HQ Holdens, making his V8 Supercar debut at the Queensland Raceway, and then competed at Winton, Oran Park, Bathurst and Eastern Creek (Big Pond Grand Finale) in the AU.

The youngsters driving matured immensely during his debut season, and that was evident during the Big Pond Grand Finale at Eastern Creek, when he ran wheel to wheel with many bigger name drivers and teams, and caught the eye of many fans.

“To be able to compete in the rounds of this years championship was a dream come true,” Walden said. “But, to now have the opportunity to compete in a much better car in 2005, and do the entire season will be just fantastic.”

“We’ve got a great team, who do an amazing job, and like me, they cant wait to get stuck into the Commodore,” he said.

The team will continue to prepare the car in the Walden Motorsport workshop near Silverdale under the watchful eye of team manager and father of the driver, Brian Walden.

“There are thousands of motor sport fans in the Sydney region, and we hope they embrace our entry in next years championship, and give us their support, particularly in local rounds at Eastern Creek, Oran Park and Bathurst,” Walden senior said.

“While we have minor sponsors for the new season, we are still on the lookout for a major naming right sponsor, and hopefully that can be sourced from the Sydney area to keep it all local.”…………
Old 27 Dec 2004, 04:22 (Ref:1188236)   #9
banditshideaway
Rookie

banditshideaway should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gee who out of this group has to eat some humble pie stating that Waldon Motorsport had no chance of being there in 2005. I hope the team can do good with a newer car and hope some info comes with the car from team Dynamik (hopefully nothing from Woomera). All the best Garth, Brian and team.
Old 27 Dec 2004, 04:43 (Ref:1188241)   #10
the man
Veteran

the man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is good that we still have a NSW based team in the v8s. Good luck to the walden team.
Old 27 Dec 2004, 05:32 (Ref:1188246)   #11
pete55
Veteran

Sydney has the largest population, has only one team and can't seem to attract crowds to V8 Supercars. Seems AVESCO have a problem there.
Old 27 Dec 2004, 05:38 (Ref:1188248)   #12
pete55
Veteran

Last edited by pete55; 27 Dec 2004 at 05:40.
Old 27 Dec 2004, 07:36 (Ref:1188258)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I understand there may be other moves afoot with this franchise/team/car.... that the KelvinMonster may have had some discussions with the owner of this franchise regarding 2004's performance (and presumably 2003's abridged version) with the gist of the discussion being to pull their socks up....

What you may also find... is that TD002 is delivered contingent on the team raising the cash (by selling the AU presumably) to fund it... anyone remember a similar story around about buying Craig Lowndes' FPR car????

So the response from the franchise owner to TEGA is that the squad has a shiny new car with a pedigree, some prep people running it, and a junior driver looking to sustain a career in the sport....

... bigger question remains... will TEGA accept such things as improvements....

... or did any of this happen in the first place
Old 27 Dec 2004, 10:30 (Ref:1188308)   #14
Morris 1100
Veteran

Morris 1100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So when did the Waldos move from Lithgow?

First Jeff Barnes and now this! How much more can Lithgow take?

(not to mention the great Roy Slaven)
Old 28 Dec 2004, 01:06 (Ref:1188644)   #15
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He did have the add on ebay looking for sponsorship - he said then he would have an x Lowndes BA for 05.

If I remember corectly he was selling a $250,000 package....no bids a I recall.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 13 Jul 2005, 11:38 (Ref:1354514)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Interesting advertisement Here

A cheap car.... good for 18 months running in HPDC till it is outlawed... then a life under AMRS's TCC awaits
Old 13 Jul 2005, 11:53 (Ref:1354536)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
And again Here
Old 13 Jul 2005, 12:05 (Ref:1354552)   #18
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

from the first ad

Chassis
Builder: Dencar

DENCAR?????????
Old 13 Jul 2005, 12:10 (Ref:1354559)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Yes I thought that was odd also....

I have seen plenty of Historic Touring cars with Dencar cages in them... none Fords though...
Old 14 Jul 2005, 12:44 (Ref:1355372)   #20
Group'C'
Racer

Australia
Hobart /Tasmania
Group'C' should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Were did this car come from ?
Was it an exFPR car, If so is it then an ex 00 car and there for ex Gibson so could have been built by Dencar in melbourne - just a thought
Old 14 Jul 2005, 13:09 (Ref:1355395)   #21
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, is Garth going into the HPDC or the Bigpond V8 Supercar Championship?
Old 14 Jul 2005, 13:40 (Ref:1355414)   #22
Group'C'
Racer

Australia
Hobart /Tasmania
Group'C' should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last thing I knew Garth was going Spintcar Racing
Old 14 Jul 2005, 22:02 (Ref:1355814)   #23
bondy_racing
Racer

Australia
Sydney,NSW,Australia
bondy_racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its the last AU FTR built which was for Bathurst 2001.

and Greg, No they will not be competing in either championship. Last i heard they didnt want to compete in any catergory that ran under Ave$co.
#28 Arrow Australia, Hurst Race Engines, Kart One Racing, Sik-Fx Helmet Painting
Old 15 Jul 2005, 03:07 (Ref:1355915)   #24
James63
Veteran

Australia
Q
James63 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Group'C'
Were did this car come from ?
Was it an exFPR car, If so is it then an ex 00 car and there for ex Gibson so could have been built by Dencar in melbourne - just a thought
No, has nothing to do with either 00 or Gibson. Remembering the first Lowndes/Gibson car was actually built by SBR. The car that Forbes had was the ex-colourscan car which now belongs to Wyhoon I think.
Old 15 Jul 2005, 06:17 (Ref:1355964)   #25
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
pete60 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by James63
No, has nothing to do with either 00 or Gibson. Remembering the first Lowndes/Gibson car was actually built by SBR. The car that Forbes had was the ex-colourscan car which now belongs to Wyhoon I think.
A little off topic now but ......whatever happened to the ex SBR AU and the green eyed monster? Does Bob Forbes still own them? The latter, especialy, would be a very valuable piece of machinery.

The ex Colourscan Forbes car has now been sold to Peter Vicary, owner of Gulf Western Oils, and is driven by Terry Wyhoon in the TCC. The GMS AU built for Neil Crompton was owned by Craig Gore and was driven in the support race at Bathurst last year by Neil McFadyen.