Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Next year I will (chose the closest most likely option)
Watch live on BBC or Sky depending which it is on. 36 32.73%
Watch only BBC live or delayed/highlights. 48 43.64%
Watch only BBC live (live or not bother). 16 14.55%
Not watch, it is over for me. 10 9.09%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 18 Mar 2012, 07:06 (Ref:3043705)   #1826
bravo
Racer

England
North East England
bravo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who was putting for RBR when McLaren did the double stop? Their crew being in place hindered the McLaren release. I thought you could only put your crew pit when your car is coming in?
Old 18 Mar 2012, 07:59 (Ref:3043726)   #1827
Taprobane
Racer

England
Berkshire
Taprobane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who is this Berk presenting. I want jake back.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 08:00 (Ref:3043727)   #1828
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Simon, he rocks.

The sky post race coverage looks like it goes on until the next race starts! Literally.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 08:01 (Ref:3043728)   #1829
bravo
Racer

England
North East England
So far, not seeing much more from sky on the actual race. Only one driver interview, which was a bit scruffy. Not much pit lane detail from Kravitz. Immediately following the end of the race they went into a pre made teaser clip for the next race, then adverts. Jake H seems the much more confident lead presenter.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 08:01 (Ref:3043730)   #1830
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo View Post
Who was putting for RBR when McLaren did the double stop? Their crew being in place hindered the McLaren release. I thought you could only put your crew pit when your car is coming in?
Talking of being in the wrong place...
Old 18 Mar 2012, 08:03 (Ref:3043733)   #1831
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
So far, not seeing much more from sky on the actual race. Only one driver interview, which was a bit scruffy. Not much pit lane detail from Kravitz. Immediately following the end of the race they went into a pre made teaser clip for the next race, then adverts. Jake H seems the much more confident lead presenter.
Not only that, but I bet the result will be exactly the same on the BBC coverage. I'd assumed sky would show a more exciting race.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 08:03 (Ref:3043734)   #1832
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
With David Croft in the co-pilots chair and channel One is Australia showing more ads than racing this is going to be a long season.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 08:25 (Ref:3043745)   #1833
bravo
Racer

England
North East England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Not only that, but I bet the result will be exactly the same on the BBC coverage. I'd assumed sky would show a more exciting race.
The programme content outside the direct feed wasn't as good as what the bbc provided. No need for your usual sarcasm here.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 08:31 (Ref:3043748)   #1834
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The programme content outside the direct feed wasn't as good as what the bbc provided.
I'd have to agree, I'd also give it another couple of races for everything at Sky to "bed in". I didn't make any use of any of the interactive options this time around, but then I didn't on BBC either. Did miss Lee doing the in-race interviews of retired drivers though. Maybe Natz needs a higher priority pass
Old 18 Mar 2012, 08:33 (Ref:3043749)   #1835
mickey29
Racer

England
Wellingborough
mickey29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmickey29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok, I gave in and got Sky! I thoroughly enjoyed Croft and Brundle. The race coverage was slick. I haven't watched the pre show, but enjoying it so far.

By comparison, I watched the BBC qualifying. Very entertaining beginning with the Bob Dillon pastiche! All in all it is a score draw between BBC and Sky
Old 18 Mar 2012, 08:33 (Ref:3043750)   #1836
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
My point, alebit hidden in childish humour, was that there is little scope to do anything. It is an interesting point, in a small way, as sky are the only broadcaster who is allowed to have any of their own coverage during the race. All others have to have the main feed. So I assume that you mean the sound and interview voice overs? Again, there aren't many on both and as there is no bbc equivalent at this race we can't compare. It was interesting that when sky (international feed or sky I don't know) showed a driver being interviewed in the race it was by Lee!

There is never any need for sarcasm.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 08:36 (Ref:3043752)   #1837
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think David Croft did a good job in the race today. He wasn't as shouty as I remember him being the last time I listened to his 5 Live race commentary.

Still think Georgie Thompson is unnecessary. If people want to look at her, search for her on google. From what I've seen, she contributes nothing to the show. She asks a simple question and Anthony Davidson answers it. Do away with her and let Ant speak!
Old 18 Mar 2012, 08:42 (Ref:3043753)   #1838
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanchiv View Post
Lazenby is working his way up to banality slowly, I see.

To Martin Whitmarsh "Are you excited about the upcoming season?"

Seriously...this is Football level (and yes, I am always moaning about it on there too) interviewing.

I just wish for someone to reply to questions of that ilk & genre with "Seriously? That's the best you could come up with? To the CEO of a multi-million dollar outfit? (in the above instance, obvoc)"
Great post, agree entirely. Still once the Olympics are over Jake will switch to Sky for next season. Kerching!
Old 18 Mar 2012, 08:43 (Ref:3043754)   #1839
bravo
Racer

England
North East England
Quote:
Originally Posted by safc_fan89 View Post
Still think Georgie Thompson is unnecessary. If people want to look at her, search for her on google. From what I've seen, she contributes nothing to the show. She asks a simple question and Anthony Davidson answers it. Do away with her and let Ant speak!
This x100 times.

Post race analysis is nowhere near as good as the bbc's F1 Forum. Very disappointed there.

Last edited by bravo; 18 Mar 2012 at 08:55.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 09:16 (Ref:3043769)   #1840
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Grid walk and race were fine. Crofty got a bit shouty at times but he will hopefully calm down a tad. Pre and post race was poor mainly due to Lazenby who is annoying me already. Having both Damon and Martin seems one too many experts post race. No need for GT, give Ant a head mike and let him do his thing.

Great not to have to suffer EJ though.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 09:22 (Ref:3043774)   #1841
Taprobane
Racer

England
Berkshire
Taprobane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Sky was pretty poor. The post race was pants, hardly any interviews and the ones they did have no one dared to ask a question. I think we had three recaps amongst the adverts as well as two previews of the next race. No recap of what the hell happened on that last lap hardly. Damon doesn't really talk and as annoying as EJ is he says what the hell he wants and if he wants an interview he gets it. Also, nice as she is to look at Georgie Thompson is entirely pointless.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 09:47 (Ref:3043786)   #1842
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've come to appreciate EJ's presence on the BBC a bit more because he isn't afraid to grab someone for an interview and then ask whatever he feels like. Yes he's irritating but he does serve a purpose. The interviewing and post-race forum is probably the best thing about the BBC's coverage. I liked Jake grabbing a "word" with Raikkonen yesterday who clearly didn't want to know. Jake at least made an effort, Sky didn't during quali. Lazenby by name...
Old 18 Mar 2012, 10:13 (Ref:3043801)   #1843
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Martin Brundle at Fiorano piece was way too short. It lasted, what? 2 minutes? Barely anything of him on track even though he said he drove 40 laps.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 10:13 (Ref:3043802)   #1844
Apple
Racer

England
E.Sussex
Apple should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think there is a question missing from the poll at the top of the page.
Which is,

"How many people watched free via live streaming on the internet?"

It would be interesting to know.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 10:16 (Ref:3043804)   #1845
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great Show!...Feeling sorry for other members of my family who have to wait for the BBC to get up!

I want more Post Race Analysis please MR SKY!
Old 18 Mar 2012, 10:21 (Ref:3043805)   #1846
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
I think there is a question missing from the poll at the top of the page.
Which is,

"How many people watched free via live streaming on the internet?"

It would be interesting to know.
I did.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 10:33 (Ref:3043810)   #1847
MonkeyDeath
Rookie

England
Southampton, hampshire
MonkeyDeath should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
I didn't make any use of any of the interactive options this time around, but then I didn't on BBC either.
i did, i always have the laptop on with formula1.com timing screen, tried to get the sky stuff up, but i only could get Alonos in car footage for about 20 mins. then it all stopped working again
Old 18 Mar 2012, 10:34 (Ref:3043811)   #1848
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The race itself? Fine.

The bits either side. Abysmal.

Still, at least Martin has his £1.2 million.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 10:45 (Ref:3043823)   #1849
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
At this stage of the season, I don't watch the bits either side

My main bugbear was that the coverage doesn't fit onto my screen. The graphics on left hand side are only partially disclosed, so I can't see the drivers' names.

I accept there's probably some basic function on my remote that'll fix this.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 10:52 (Ref:3043827)   #1850
MonkeyDeath
Rookie

England
Southampton, hampshire
MonkeyDeath should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
At this stage of the season, I don't watch the bits either side

My main bugbear was that the coverage doesn't fit onto my screen. The graphics on left hand side are only partially disclosed, so I can't see the drivers' names.

I accept there's probably some basic function on my remote that'll fix this.
whats the make and model of your TV?

it sounds like you have your aspect ration set in Zoom or Cinema, it should be set to 16:9 or Full depending on make of TV.

there will be a button that says "aspect" or "screen" or 16:9 or something similar on your remote

this is assuming your TV is a widescreen, and not the old style 4:3
Closed Thread

Tags
outrage, sky