Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 5 Aug 2023, 16:26 (Ref:4171501)   #1
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Knockhill, 12th-13th August 2023 - Rounds 19, 20, 21

The BTCC's annual trip to Scotland is coming up on the 12th-13th August for Rounds 19, 20, and 21.

BARC Event Page: https://www.barc.net/event/toca-race...g-knockhill-2/

Timetable: https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uplo...ockhill_V2.pdf

BTCC Qualifying: 15:15-16:00 (YouTube starts at 15:00)
BTCC Qualifying YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OYpeuaH1ys

BTCC Raceday: ITV4 11:15 - 18:15
BTCC Races: 11:45, 14:40, 17:20

Support Series in action: British F4, MINI Challenge JCW, Porsche Carrera Cup GB, Legends

Championship Points as we enter Knockhill:
1) Sutton - 258
2) Ingram - 252
3) Turkington - 224
4) Hill - 217
5) Cammish - 212
Old 5 Aug 2023, 17:11 (Ref:4171503)   #2
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any favourites to come down with chrometophobia and be replaced with Gordon Shedden for the weekend?
Old 5 Aug 2023, 20:12 (Ref:4171533)   #3
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I’ll be there. First time I’ve been to Knockhill, any tips?
Old 5 Aug 2023, 21:20 (Ref:4171541)   #4
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Any favourites to come down with chrometophobia and be replaced with Gordon Shedden for the weekend?
Speaking of which, any more news on the Nic Hamilton situation?
Old 5 Aug 2023, 22:24 (Ref:4171549)   #5
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
Take clothing suitable for the extremes of all 4 seasons!
Old 5 Aug 2023, 23:10 (Ref:4171554)   #6
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Just Duffus, nothing more.
Old 6 Aug 2023, 09:29 (Ref:4171566)   #7
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Speaking of which, any more news on the Nic Hamilton situation?
Not heard any more but reading between the lines, I'm not expecting him back
Old 6 Aug 2023, 09:58 (Ref:4171569)   #8
DaviePHD
Rookie

DaviePHD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Watch at least one race from the middle of the circuit, if you cross the bridge and head towards the control tower you can almost see the whole circuit.

And watch at least one race from the bottom of Duffus Dip, it's some corner.

Bring clothes for all 4 seasons.
Old 6 Aug 2023, 10:05 (Ref:4171570)   #9
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I've never been, but I've heard it's good and a great spectator experience, despite not being big. The corners on the circuit are certainly something

Hopefully we will get nice sunny weather untypical of this summer
Old 6 Aug 2023, 10:40 (Ref:4171576)   #10
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
If you can see the radio masts on the hillside, it's going to rain. If you can't, it's raining.
Old 6 Aug 2023, 18:13 (Ref:4171682)   #11
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Take clothing suitable for the extremes of all 4 seasons!
And anit-midge spray if camping anywhere nearby
Old 7 Aug 2023, 08:32 (Ref:4171746)   #12
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
If you can see the radio masts on the hillside, it's going to rain. If you can't, it's raining.
Sounds like the Church @ Rowrah.
Old 9 Aug 2023, 09:08 (Ref:4171928)   #13
SSmith
Veteran

Rob Huff announced as Nicolas Hamilton's replacement for Knockhill. At the moment for Knockhill only.

https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/...pra-/10505983/
Old 9 Aug 2023, 09:14 (Ref:4171934)   #14
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very surprised to see that. Still remember that Huff said he can consider BTCC comeback only if offered money and HARD certainly hasn't. This might be (probably will be)just a one-off but still. Be interesting to see how he goes. In the right hands Cupra can go reasonably well as shown by Bobby Thompson for instance.
Old 9 Aug 2023, 09:25 (Ref:4171937)   #15
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How on earth!?
Old 9 Aug 2023, 09:29 (Ref:4171938)   #16
mick bennett
Rookie

mick bennett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Presumably Hamilton's Car ?? Is it becoming desperate financial times at Hard ?? .

Huff is 43 years old !!.
Old 9 Aug 2023, 09:32 (Ref:4171939)   #17
SSmith
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Very surprised to see that. Still remember that Huff said he can consider BTCC comeback only if offered money and HARD certainly hasn't. This might be (probably will be)just a one-off but still. Be interesting to see how he goes. In the right hands Cupra can go reasonably well as shown by Bobby Thompson for instance.
It definitely adds more excitement to this weekend. Hopefully it goes well for him.
Old 9 Aug 2023, 09:37 (Ref:4171940)   #18
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick bennett View Post
Huff is 43 years old !!.
As a statement - true.

Not sure why you raise this though?
Turkington and Jelley are both 41. Shedden competed at the age of 43 last season, Plato was 54.

etc, etc, etc,
Old 9 Aug 2023, 09:41 (Ref:4171941)   #19
CroftPilgrim
Racer

CroftPilgrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick bennett View Post
Presumably Hamilton's Car ?? Is it becoming desperate financial times at Hard ?? .

Huff is 43 years old !!.
He's currently lying 4th in the TCR World Tour with one race win so far this season. Not exactly a slouch...
Old 9 Aug 2023, 10:13 (Ref:4171942)   #20
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
HARD would have forfeited a TBL if they didn't run that car at Knockhill. Huff's doing them a huge favour, and I would not expect him to be paying for it!
Old 9 Aug 2023, 10:22 (Ref:4171943)   #21
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Huge upgrade. This season is taking the unusual turn of every replacement being a better driver. Have to doubt the sustainability though. If putting someone like Huff in the car was an option - why on earth were they running Hamilton/Edwards in the first place? I suspect this will be a one-off with a paying driver of the ilk of Ethan Hammerton, Jack Mitchell or Kieran Gallagher. Able to put together the money for a few rounds here and there but never has a full season budget.
Old 9 Aug 2023, 10:31 (Ref:4171944)   #22
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The car still needs more work. I'd rather have seen Thompson stay, but we'll see. Good to Huff back after so long, he'll certainly better than some others in that car. There are plenty of decent drivers on the sidelines. Anyway I wonder how long HARD can keep running this many cars for, this is unlikely to be anymore than a one off for Rob atm
Old 9 Aug 2023, 10:41 (Ref:4171954)   #23
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If putting someone like Huff in the car was an option - why on earth were they running Hamilton/Edwards in the first place? I suspect this will be a one-off with a paying driver of the ilk of Ethan Hammerton, Jack Mitchell or Kieran Gallagher. Able to put together the money for a few rounds here and there but never has a full season budget.
My assumption is that they've put Huff in the car as a freebie in the hope that he'll put in a good showing at Knockhill. Therefore, this will perhaps make it look like a more competitive proposition which will, in turn, possibly make it a more attractive option for a pay driver for the rest of the season.
Old 9 Aug 2023, 10:44 (Ref:4171955)   #24
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
This season is taking the unusual turn of every replacement being a better driver.
Crees over Thompson?

So if Hard have had to jack their prices up enough for Thompson and Hamilton to leave, where have they got the money to fund a (one-off) drive for Huff! Or is that what Crees & DeLeon are indirectly paying for!
Old 9 Aug 2023, 10:45 (Ref:4171956)   #25
thetool
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Crees over Thompson?

Yeah, I missed one...