Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 30 Oct 2006, 11:08 (Ref:1753465)   #1
macsport
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
macsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British F3 / GT Provisional 2007 Calendar

Provisional 2007 Calendar
Lloyds TSB Insurance British F3 International Series / Avon Tyres British GT Championship

Oulton Park April 9th F3 / GT
Donington Park April 22nd F3 / GT (BGT 1 x 2 Hour)
Bucharest (ROM) May 20th F3 FIA GT
Snetterton June 3rd F3 / GT
Monza (ITA) June 24th F3 FIA GT
Brands Hatch GP July 15th F3 / GT
Spa-Francorchamps (BEL) July 29th F3 FIA GT (Spa 24hrs)
Silverstone August 12th F3 / GT (BGT 1 x 2 Hour)
Thruxton August 26th F3 / GT
Croft September 9th F3 / GT
Rockingham September 30th F3 / GT
Old 30 Oct 2006, 11:37 (Ref:1753486)   #2
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Hah, so much for F3/GT not going back to the MSV circuits next year then!

The return to Monza is great news, too, but I don't know what to make of the trek to Bucharest. There must be better venues on the FA GT calendar. Still, two out of three ain't bad.
Old 30 Oct 2006, 12:39 (Ref:1753534)   #3
macsport
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
Bucharest = Street Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
but I don't know what to make of the trek to Bucharest. There must be better venues on the FA GT calendar. Still, two out of three ain't bad.
Strider
The reason Bucharest is on the calendar is because it is a street race and as Pau isn't an option, Bucharest was added. SRO are also helping the teams out with travel costs for this event. I think it'll be great and I'm looking forward to going.
Old 30 Oct 2006, 13:01 (Ref:1753548)   #4
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Yeah, I know all that and it'll be a great adventure etc., but I'm still not convinced. Didn't the Romanians pull the plug on the proposed FIA GT race there this year?

And whilst steet races are an important part of the learning process, they also end being very expensive for the teams and/or the drivers because of the accident damage. You can get away with it at Pau, because it's a fantastic place, it's not too far away and has a great history, but Bucharest? Don't think so. I hope I'm wrong, though.
Old 30 Oct 2006, 17:05 (Ref:1753702)   #5
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What has happen to Knockhill, I remember being sat in a press confrance at Silverstone at the back end of last year, when I am sure Mr Ratel said that Knockhill and Mondello would take it in turns to hold a round.

However it is good to see Croft back on the calander.
Old 30 Oct 2006, 17:40 (Ref:1753726)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think you'll find that a lot of people probably read the exact same thing in a press release too, rdjones it's a shame knockhill isn't back, but what ho.

i'm very pleased to see monza back. from a personal point of view, i wanted to go in 05, but ran out of money so it's first on the calendar for 2007 (unless someone's got a clash to confess).

not greatly impressed with the addition of rockingham either, but it's better than another trip to silverstone i suppose!
Old 30 Oct 2006, 17:46 (Ref:1753731)   #7
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
I think spectators and drivers in general (including me) will be disappointed about Knockhill, but the teams don't like it. Even without accident damage the cost of running a car there - regular replacement of floors etc. - is high.
Old 30 Oct 2006, 17:50 (Ref:1753734)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
and awnings?

no higher than say, pau, surely?
Old 30 Oct 2006, 18:03 (Ref:1753740)   #9
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Oh yeah, forgot the awnings! You actually climb down to reach the Pau paddock, so it's sheltered. As you know. Anyway, the WTCC has nicked the date now. A thousand curses on them for that.
Old 30 Oct 2006, 23:05 (Ref:1753948)   #10
outflat
Racer

outflat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good thing about this calendar - no repeat visits to the same circuit in the one year
Old 30 Oct 2006, 23:12 (Ref:1753953)   #11
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I think spectators and drivers in general (including me) will be disappointed about Knockhill, but the teams don't like it. Even without accident damage the cost of running a car there - regular replacement of floors etc. - is high.
Perhaps I miss understand the reference to replacing floors etc. But other single seater series like Formula Renault and Formula BMW don't seem to have a problem.
Besides since the last visit by F3/GT the circuit has been totally resurfaced.
Old 31 Oct 2006, 08:43 (Ref:1754161)   #12
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its a shame that Mondello and Knockhill are not on it but you can't please everyone.

Bare in mind this calendar is only provisional so it could change.
Old 31 Oct 2006, 09:03 (Ref:1754187)   #13
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A lovely 'British' calendar there

surely its cheaper to run at Knockhill, even with all the awnings/car damage - that shipping cars out to Romania!
Old 31 Oct 2006, 09:46 (Ref:1754235)   #14
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
not when there are travel subsidies on offer, no...

i think the problem with this calendar is that it doesn't please anyone. unless anyone's been looking for an excuse to make a trip to bucharest..
Old 31 Oct 2006, 12:35 (Ref:1754359)   #15
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
That'll be macsport, then, but he gets paid to go, so that doesn't count!
Old 31 Oct 2006, 13:59 (Ref:1754451)   #16
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
now we know whose fault it is. come on, own up
Old 31 Oct 2006, 19:17 (Ref:1754638)   #17
macsport
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
Quote:
That'll be macsport, then, but he gets paid to go, so that doesn't count!
I can't claim credit for Bucharest being on the calendar, I'm just the messenger (paid of course! ).

I was surprised when I saw Bucharest listed on the email from SRO last week, but yes I'm looking forward to going, it should be a good event and something different from the norm.
Old 31 Oct 2006, 19:38 (Ref:1754652)   #18
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
If you're just the messenger, I suppose it would be out of order to shoot you, then!
Old 1 Nov 2006, 16:04 (Ref:1755389)   #19
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bucharest could be interesting - I have been looking for an excuse to go, since missing a UEFA Cup match there

Rockingham at the end of the calendar is a bit of an anti-climax, IMO.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 16:13 (Ref:1755396)   #20
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
not when there are travel subsidies on offer, no...

Ah, the international rounds are subsidised then - who does that? SRO?
Old 1 Nov 2006, 16:30 (Ref:1755415)   #21
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
no, it's only occasional rounds, and the subsidy is usually offered by the circuit or promoters.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 17:03 (Ref:1755446)   #22
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think from memory that SRO are heavly involved in the meeting in Bucharest, in fact I have a feeling they are promoting the meeting.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 17:17 (Ref:1755463)   #23
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
it won't be coming from their pocket though. and to be fair, technically sro promote every event f3 will run at this year so i probably used the wrong words.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 17:37 (Ref:1755478)   #24
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
I think you used the right word, but the subsidies are only available for the Bucharest round. The money will be paid to SRO by the Romanians and SRO will then pass on to the teams whatever proportion of that they think fit.

A couple of years ago Mondello subsidised the ferry costs, but I don't think they did this year.

Promoton is a grey area in my view. SRO pay for the TV coverage and the services of macsport and others, but the promotion of each round is down to the individual circuit owners. Castle Combe always did this very well, but some circuits do virtually nothing.