Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 2 Apr 2007, 21:42 (Ref:1882310)   #1
MacGWC
Racer

United Kingdom
Hanslope, Bucks
MacGWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMacGWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
St Pete's Grand Prix

I thought I caught sight of at least one British orange overall at the St Pete's Grand Prix for IRL cars over the past weekend, but not close enough to recognise anyone. The local SCCA people said they thought he was from Midland Region but could not give me a name.

Whoever it was, I hope he had a good time. Next time, let me know you are coming and we can meet up for a beer!

Alex Lloyd did a great job to clinch his third win on the trot in Indy Pro cars. Allan McNish absolutely excelled in his drive back to the lead (and eventual win) after being penalised for a jumped start in ALMS but neither Dan Wheldon nor the newly returned Darren Manning could clinch the main race. Darren Manning gave the A.J. Foyt car perhaps its best run ever and ran third or fourth for much of the race. Let's hope his season continues to improve.
Old 3 Apr 2007, 11:36 (Ref:1882631)   #2
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGWC
I thought I caught sight of at least one British orange overall at the St Pete's Grand Prix for IRL cars over the past weekend, but not close enough to recognise anyone.
Actually he was from Holland. He is going to be at Las Vagas, Long Beach & Houston.
Old 3 Apr 2007, 11:45 (Ref:1882639)   #3
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
Alan Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watched the ALMS race on MotorsTV on Saturday night, top job by the safety crew member for going in to drag the badly beaten up Thomas Enge out of his burning Ferrari from the wrong side. I know there's all sorts of issues about how to handle an injured driver, but when the car's stuffed into the wall tight up on the drivers side and on fire, and the driver isn't responding, it needs some smart thinking on the ground to get in there so good work fella, and get well soon Mr Enge (shattered elbow, collapsed lung, generally battered & bruised)

Al
Old 3 Apr 2007, 13:49 (Ref:1882713)   #4
Seoigh
Racer

United States
Florida
Seoigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Green
Watched the ALMS race on MotorsTV on Saturday night, top job by the safety crew member for going in to drag the badly beaten up Thomas Enge out of his burning Ferrari from the wrong side. I know there's all sorts of issues about how to handle an injured driver, but when the car's stuffed into the wall tight up on the drivers side and on fire, and the driver isn't responding, it needs some smart thinking on the ground to get in there so good work fella, and get well soon Mr Enge (shattered elbow, collapsed lung, generally battered & bruised)

Al
Top notch response by IMSA (Greg Summerville) and Cent. Fla Region SCCA staff saved the day for Tomas Enge. Rough stuff street racing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XCrQYDKYPI
Old 3 Apr 2007, 15:39 (Ref:1882765)   #5
Eric Ridler
Racer

United Kingdom
Timperley,Cheshire
Eric Ridler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I thought I caught sight of at least one British orange overall at the St Pete's Grand Prix for IRL cars over the past weekend, but not close enough to recognise anyone. The local SCCA people said they thought he was from Midland Region but could not give me a name.
Quote:
Actually he was from Holland. He is going to be at Las Vagas, Long Beach & Houston.
Then it would probably be Maurice Pijpers who was probably wearing his recently purchased pair of Marshals Club overalls (the old Europa style) hence the confusion. He is over there with Bob Bidmead at least.

Eric
Old 4 Apr 2007, 00:51 (Ref:1883009)   #6
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Ridler
Then it would probably be Maurice Pijpers who was probably wearing his recently purchased pair of Marshals Club overalls (the old Europa style) hence the confusion. He is over there with Bob Bidmead at least. Eric
Yes, it was. I was avoiding "proper names". He and several others are doing the prior mentioned races.
Old 4 Apr 2007, 14:26 (Ref:1883400)   #7
MacGWC
Racer

United Kingdom
Hanslope, Bucks
MacGWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMacGWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, it looks as if he is confirmed as being Dutch. That should make an interesting "slow bicycle" race to the bar, if we meet up, since the Dutch are known as the Scots of Europe!!!
Old 5 Apr 2007, 02:37 (Ref:1883768)   #8
Seoigh
Racer

United States
Florida
Seoigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGWC
So, it looks as if he is confirmed as being Dutch. That should make an interesting "slow bicycle" race to the bar, if we meet up, since the Dutch are known as the Scots of Europe!!!
I'd buy you BOTH a drink anytime, Mac...in fact I think I owe you one

(I thought the Scots were the Scots of Europe...no?)