Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Jul 2023, 13:08 (Ref:4166283)   #26
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
SC on the first lap, as Tsunoda goes off but recovers the car. Looks like debris at Turn 1.
Old 2 Jul 2023, 13:21 (Ref:4166284)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Black and White flag for Hamilton, exceeding track limits.

Edit: 5 second penalty.

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 2 Jul 2023 at 13:27.
Old 2 Jul 2023, 14:20 (Ref:4166287)   #28
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
That was a good battle between Perez and Sainz, with Perez coming out on top.
Old 2 Jul 2023, 14:32 (Ref:4166290)   #29
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Congrats to Super Max on his 5th win in a row at Austria.

Congrats to Ferrari on their 800th podium.
Old 2 Jul 2023, 14:39 (Ref:4166294)   #30
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Lots of good battling down the field.....tricky keeping up with all the track limit penalties, but neither of the two front drivers got one..... If Sainz hadn't got a 5-seconfd penalty, would Perez have got third?

Ballsy move for Max to insist on pitting that late to get fastest lap....
Old 2 Jul 2023, 18:26 (Ref:4166309)   #31
rika
Racer

rika should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post

From Red Bull team side I do not understand why they do not refuse that.

Just 1 singled problem with tire change, or bad outlap, of other problem and they throw away win as Leclerc was only 3 seconds behind after pitstop.

Or image Verstappen is 1 of drivers that track limits that they did not investigate.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/fi...n-gp/10490773/

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/fi...ange/10490799/

Did he have 5 second gap at finish or not?

So Red Bull should just tell who is boss, and it is team not driver.

Gain 1 point or not for fastest lap is not important if already taking win.
Old 2 Jul 2023, 18:43 (Ref:4166312)   #32
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So with Aston Martin protest upheld about drivers not being penalised.
Here are the top 10 and how close they were over the line.

Verstappen - Leclerc 5.155
Leclerc - Perez. 12.033
Perez - Sainz 4.189
Sainz - Norris 4.950
Norris - Alonso 3.990
Alonso - Hamilton 8.879
Hamilton - Russell 9.207
Russel - Gasly 9.264
Gasly - Stroll 1.376

THere were over 100 deleted laps that have to be gone over again to decide whether more B/W flags and then penalties should have been handed out.

If there were, they will be retrospectively applied... don't expect the final classification any time soon.

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 2 Jul 2023 at 18:49.
Old 2 Jul 2023, 19:37 (Ref:4166320)   #33
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
That was a good battle between Perez and Sainz, with Perez coming out on top.
Great battle between the two of them. Probably the best racing so far this season.
Old 2 Jul 2023, 19:40 (Ref:4166321)   #34
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://twitter.com/MattP1Gallagher/...LTBeNUvyw&s=19
Old 2 Jul 2023, 19:44 (Ref:4166325)   #35
rika
Racer

I think if FIA stewards can not follow all track limits violations then what they did today was wrong.
Luckily FIA admitted it.

Now they just punished a few drivers and pretend everythig OK until team protest.

Turns out lots of violations were simply not handled.
Then is wrong to pretend everything OK! Very shamefull.

Should have just said before race: OK will be lots of violations. And will deal with all or them after the race. Not let few drivers take penalties and others nothing.

That just not fair.

THen everybody got same chance and push until end to create 5 second gap of 10 second gap even to be safe.

Now confusion and unfairness all around!
Old 2 Jul 2023, 20:00 (Ref:4166330)   #36
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Aston Martin’s protest about track limit offenses has been successfully upheld by the FIA.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...ange/10490801/
Old 2 Jul 2023, 20:01 (Ref:4166331)   #37
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
OK to the final classification for the top 10 in comparison to the provisional result is ...

Verstappen
Leclerc
Perez
Norris. Up 1
Alonso Up 1
Sainz Down 2
Russell. Up 1
Hamilton. Down 1
Stroll. Up 1
Gasly. Down 1

http://https://www.fia.com/sites/def...sification.pdf
Old 2 Jul 2023, 20:22 (Ref:4166335)   #38
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rika View Post
While there was some real risk involved, I think it shows they have full confidence in the car, driver and pit crew.

Richard
Old 2 Jul 2023, 20:31 (Ref:4166337)   #39
rika
Racer

Very very poorly handled race by FIA and stewards !
I feel cheated !

I now consider this to be a very poor race !
Old 2 Jul 2023, 21:11 (Ref:4166340)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
OK to the final classification for the top 10 in comparison to the provisional result is ...

Verstappen
Leclerc
Perez
Norris. Up 1
Alonso Up 1
Sainz Down 2
Russell. Up 1
Hamilton. Down 1
Stroll. Up 1
Gasly. Down 1

http://https://www.fia.com/sites/def...sification.pdf
Utterly crazy. Mockery well and truly made.
Old 2 Jul 2023, 21:22 (Ref:4166343)   #41
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like i picked a good race to miss...
Old 2 Jul 2023, 21:28 (Ref:4166345)   #42
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
Sounds like i picked a good race to miss...

The race itself wasn't bad, just the plethora of penalties given and not given was ridiculous. It brings up the same old problem with the stewards and their lack of consistency.
Old 2 Jul 2023, 21:46 (Ref:4166347)   #43
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
The race itself wasn't bad, just the plethora of penalties given and not given was ridiculous. It brings up the same old problem with the stewards and their lack of consistency.

Appears that the problem was that not all transgressions were referred to the stewards. I guess we’ll hear more about this one in the next few days but apparently 1200 odd transgressions through the race (!!!).

Don’t know what the much-vaunted FIA review bunker at home base was doing but between that & not dealing with the cause of the problem (circuit layout) the FIA hasn’t covered itself in glory.
Old 3 Jul 2023, 00:40 (Ref:4166404)   #44
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rika View Post

Just 1 singled problem with tire change, or bad outlap, of other problem and they throw away win as Leclerc was only 3 seconds behind after pitstop.

Or image Verstappen is 1 of drivers that track limits that they did not investigate.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/fi...n-gp/10490773/

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/fi...ange/10490799/

Did he have 5 second gap at finish or not?

So Red Bull should just tell who is boss, and it is team not driver.

Gain 1 point or not for fastest lap is not important if already taking win.
Max's fathers nickname was Jos the Boss!
Old 3 Jul 2023, 01:55 (Ref:4166441)   #45
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have F1TV so when Lando was complaining about Lewis exceeding track boundaries I thought I would watch Lando's in-car to see if he was exaggerating or not. He wasn't. While I was watching Lewis would go off maybe once or twice a lap. I really didn't watch much in-car to sample other drivers. But clearly it was a problem for many drivers.

Shortly after Lando had been calling in each time Lewis went off, I heard the radio message in which Mercedes warned Lewis about track boundaries. Lewis said he couldn't keep the car on the the track! I mean you can, but you just have to slow a bit. And it wasn't just running wide to the outside of corners due to carrying too much speed. I think it might have been turn eight (?) in which I saw drivers (can't remember who) cut the inside of that corner. Which to me is much more purposeful.

I haven't really fully thought through the entire post race penalty situation or how to fix it. My initial thought is that they give them fewer warnings and give them stronger penalties and do it immediately during the race. I think drivers generally just drove as if nobody was really watching. I don't think they drove with much fear of being caught during the race.

Richard
Old 3 Jul 2023, 03:51 (Ref:4166450)   #46
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Lots of good battling down the field.....tricky keeping up with all the track limit penalties, but neither of the two front drivers got one..... If Sainz hadn't got a 5-seconfd penalty, would Perez have got third?

I was all set to chuckle loudly had he done the pit stop, got the F/L only to get a track limits breach doing it, get the 5 second penalty and lose the race and his record to date (plus getting the fastest lap timer deleted) because making the stop he was told not to make had left him just a couple of seconds ahead of Leclerc.

Seriously though not a bad performance from Max, the whole team, and Sergio for going 15th to 3rd

Red Bull made a better job of the weekend than the woeful and embarrassing FIA Stewards over the track limits fiasco
Old 3 Jul 2023, 04:09 (Ref:4166451)   #47
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Absolutely no sympathy - they had no issue keeping it within limits when off the racing line was wet on Saturday.
Old 3 Jul 2023, 06:53 (Ref:4166460)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nor from me. They knew where the limits were but chose to repeatedly exceed them. The excuse that 'I went over the line because I couldn't make the corner' is thoroughly lamentable. Of course you can make the corner, you just have to go a bit slower - but then again, if everyone else is doing it and there is no immediate and effective punishment, you're going to do it as well.
Old 3 Jul 2023, 08:34 (Ref:4166476)   #49
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
The question is what are the organisers going to do about this? Yes, it was the drivers fault, but when there are so many penalties for so many drivers, then clearly it is unacceptable and change is needed.
Old 3 Jul 2023, 08:57 (Ref:4166480)   #50
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
To be fair to the stewards (revolutionary, I know) dealing with 1000 alleged incidents was an impossible overload. Unfortunately motor racing in general and F1 in particular have followed a long and slippery path to the present situation. Flat kerbs, extra kerb extensions of various colours and finally tarmac run-off have all been exploited by drivers without penalty. Now the FIA is trying to rein it all in, we arrive at the silly situation we had in Austria. Football, rugby, tennis and cricket all have a white line and a method for strictly judging whether a ball crossed it or not. But they don't have 20 balls in play at the same time, spread over a large area. Once the track designs are revised to automatically cause a driver a time loss for running a wheel off-track, the drivers will miraculously acquire the ability to stay on the track (most of the time). The only problem is finding the right change to the track design.