Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Jul 2023, 21:23 (Ref:4167263)   #26
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
Wait till tomorrow when you have like a 2 and a half hour gap between Porsche Supercup and the F1 race.

There is the Porsche Supercup from 11:55-12:30,

F1 Drivers' Parade 12:50-13:20

Red Arrows Air Display 14:15-14:37

F1 Grand Prix 15:00-17:00.

A bit of a wait between the driver's parade and the Red Arrows but that gives you enough time to go and get a bite.
Old 8 Jul 2023, 23:39 (Ref:4167273)   #27
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
The one GP with everything available live and I have had other things on so couldn't see them live....but recorded everything, and now caught up......Qualy pretty frantic, but very entertaining.

Sod's law also says have a three-line whip family event tomorrow so won't see the race live, but should be able to watch the recording before hearing the result - I hope!. It should be a good race.....
Old 8 Jul 2023, 23:56 (Ref:4167276)   #28
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Just love to see F1 cars going hard at it around Silverstone - makes qualifying here so special and really pleased that it dried out for Q3 and let us see that.

Stoked for McLaren, we'll see tomorrow if they can hang in there over a longer run (hope they can).

The updates for various teams are mixing up the order and they're all getting a bit closer to Max but it doesn't feel that they're all the way there yet.
Old 8 Jul 2023, 23:58 (Ref:4167277)   #29
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
When I used to go to the British GP 25+ years ago there was only about 4 races on the Sunday, it was quite poor compared to say a btcc weekend. I think it was something like;

F3000
Porsche Supercup
F1
Some kinda classic 1930s 1950s Grand Prix race

That was it.
Old 9 Jul 2023, 07:28 (Ref:4167296)   #30
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Good week to be an Aussie Racer
Shane van Gisbergen* schooled them in Nascar
and 3 turds I mean 3 3rds on Saaturday at Silvrstone
Well done Jack, Christian, and Oscar!

* Yes, I know SVG is a New Zealander, but Australian tradition means that we automatically claim any highly succesfull famous Kiwi.
Until they blot their copy book.
Australias Russell Crowe won an oscar, but the New Zealander got arrested for throwing a phone.
Old 9 Jul 2023, 07:37 (Ref:4167300)   #31
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Wow, what a session. So glad I got to watch it live. Silverstone once again delivers for the huge crowd

Due to the conditions, it was one of those sessions where it was crucial to be out at just the right time. That caught Checo out with him waiting so long. He needs a big race today

What a session for McLaren, they seem to have made the updates pay off. Lando proves he has lost nothing these last few GPs and Oscar finally got a chance to show his stuff. It would have been so good to see a McLaren on pole, but it Lando's words, Max had to come along and ruin it for everyone again!

Anyway let's hope for a great race today. We'll see what the weather can do
Old 9 Jul 2023, 09:31 (Ref:4167321)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think we can fully expect Checo to finish somewhere in the top 4-6, unless he stuffs it somewhere in his eagerness to get back to the front.
Old 9 Jul 2023, 13:49 (Ref:4167426)   #33
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Today Martin taught me that Cara delevigne is an impossible diva C list starlet with over inflated sense of her importance, Damian Lewis thinks God save the king is a tune he can mess with (so nobody can patriotically sing it with him) and some hairy Eurovision muso might have a predilection for nose candy
Old 9 Jul 2023, 13:55 (Ref:4167431)   #34
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Instead of the 100000 people belting it causing goosebumps out we get a wannabe jazz singer and silence
Old 9 Jul 2023, 14:07 (Ref:4167434)   #35
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great start from Nozza. Verstappen is just going to have to bide his time.
Old 9 Jul 2023, 14:56 (Ref:4167449)   #36
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Why the hard tire for Norris???
Old 9 Jul 2023, 14:56 (Ref:4167450)   #37
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Initially a VSC but now FCY, after Magnussen's Haas stopped on the track and turned in to a bonfire.
Old 9 Jul 2023, 15:07 (Ref:4167460)   #38
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
Today Martin taught me that Cara delevigne is an impossible diva C list starlet with over inflated sense of her importance, Damian Lewis thinks God save the king is a tune he can mess with (so nobody can patriotically sing it with him) and some hairy Eurovision muso might have a predilection for nose candy
Nah, Sam is all bouncy all the time. He's a Tigger.
Old 9 Jul 2023, 15:14 (Ref:4167463)   #39
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
- I think we should applaud Mclaren for marking their cars for the colour blind fans. "chrome" on the silver bits and Yelo on those bits (ok they are orange - ahem papaya) dark trace on the black parts of the rear wing
Old 9 Jul 2023, 15:19 (Ref:4167465)   #40
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
The race has certainly come alive in the middle of the field.
Old 9 Jul 2023, 15:31 (Ref:4167470)   #41
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Congrats to Super Max and 11 wins in a row equals McLaren's record. A great result for Lando Norris and McLaren, with both cars in the top 5.
Old 9 Jul 2023, 15:46 (Ref:4167491)   #42
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So close to first American driver getting points in a long time, sadly probably only time Logan will get close. Maybe Spa or Monza I guess. The Williams was definitely scooting and Albon made it look pretty good
Old 9 Jul 2023, 15:46 (Ref:4167492)   #43
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Congrats to Super Max and 11 wins in a row equals McLaren's record. A great result for Lando Norris and McLaren, with both cars in the top 5.
Probably the best race of the season so far.
Old 9 Jul 2023, 15:52 (Ref:4167501)   #44
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA View Post
Probably the best race of the season so far.

I don't think it was the best but it certainly came alive after the pit stops, with battles mid-field and the battle with Hamilton and Norris for 2nd.
Old 9 Jul 2023, 16:38 (Ref:4167535)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The best, not sure but I certainly enjoyed it more than any of the others so far.
Old 9 Jul 2023, 17:03 (Ref:4167546)   #46
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well i also think that was th best F1 race so far this year. Especially if you forget Max leading for most of the race
Old 9 Jul 2023, 17:30 (Ref:4167566)   #47
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A cracking race, and so good to see both McLaren and Williams showing renewed form. They've both had to suffer being "the worst team in F1" at some point in the recent past, and that's not a situation many teams recover from.

I felt Lando Norris really stepped up a level today. Not just for his exceptional speed throughout the weekend but for his vigorous but very fair defence against Lewis.

Like most people, I thought McLaren had completely got it wrong with their tyre choice at the stops. But with hindsight it looks like George Russell performed some sort of miracle to make his softs last so long from the start, and that fooled others (notably Verstappen and Hamilton) into taking them later. Of course they had the edge for the first 3 or 4 laps after the restart, but then the hards came into their own.

Once again, some people were robbed by the safety car (notably Oscar Pastry and George Russell) and some got a get-out-of-jail car (Lewis Hamilton). So here's a thought, what if cars pitting under the VSC of safety car had to wait X seconds between coming to a stop and starting work on the car? X would be a different value for virtual and real, and would probably change a bit from circuit to circuit. It wouldn't be perfect of course, but it would be a lot fairer.
Old 9 Jul 2023, 19:28 (Ref:4167619)   #48
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bloody Awesome ‘‘twas that! Not a Max fan but this weekend how he was with respect for Lando and McLaren and his overall tv persona has made me see him in a different light. But just how good was it to have Lando and Lewis on the podium felt great to be Formula 1 fan and to see Lewis up there with a future star in Lando he seems so chilled and relaxed in whatever situation. Gutted for George he did all the work on the softs for others to gain information and just lucked out on safety car. But overall just how lucky are we to have Lando,George Oscar and Alex as future stars of F1 just one more thing C4 and the coverage this weekend and the presenters were a joy.
Old 9 Jul 2023, 19:53 (Ref:4167631)   #49
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I always watch highlights as I'm not prepared to shell out to watch F1 live. I asked a while ago if my rating of races might be different if I watched the whole of them. I was told that it probably would (one way or the other). I watched all of the FP, qually and race live and enjoyed it hugely. It was good to see some drivers who don't normally feature near the front doing really well, the McLaren drivers and Albon in particular. I thought the coverage was very good. Steve Jones still irks at times but Lee more than makes up for his over-enthusiasm. Really enjoyed the coverage.
Old 9 Jul 2023, 20:14 (Ref:4167634)   #50
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I always watch highlights as I'm not prepared to shell out to watch F1 live. I asked a while ago if my rating of races might be different if I watched the whole of them. I was told that it probably would (one way or the other). I watched all of the FP, qually and race live and enjoyed it hugely. It was good to see some drivers who don't normally feature near the front doing really well, the McLaren drivers and Albon in particular. I thought the coverage was very good. Steve Jones still irks at times but Lee more than makes up for his over-enthusiasm. Really enjoyed the coverage.
Agree re: Steve Jones but he does have some funny banter with DC and Webber but Lee in my honest opinion is one of the best and should head up the coverage!