Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 May 2008, 17:17 (Ref:2215442)   #1
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Silverjet gone pop, where now for Apex Jaguars?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7427056.stm

As they seemed to be the single largest sponsor for Apex's GT3 effort, what happens now???

These guys don't seem to be too lucky with aviation. Hopefully they can source fresh money quickly?
Old 30 May 2008, 17:51 (Ref:2215471)   #2
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7427056.stm

As they seemed to be the single largest sponsor for Apex's GT3 effort, what happens now???

These guys don't seem to be too lucky with aviation. Hopefully they can source fresh money quickly?
Tata!?

L.P.
Old 30 May 2008, 18:54 (Ref:2215503)   #3
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Tata!?

L.P.
It would be nice to see Tata put some money behind the project- the car is showing some promise. Let's hope a replacement sponsor can be found quickly
Old 30 May 2008, 19:07 (Ref:2215515)   #4
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I saw that this morning and I had a look at there website and I noticed that the chairman of Silverjet is Peter Owen who has been seen for the last few years in the Chamberlain Synergy Lola's.
Old 30 May 2008, 20:16 (Ref:2215563)   #5
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA
It would be nice to see Tata put some money behind the project- the car is showing some promise. Let's hope a replacement sponsor can be found quickly
Be nice to see it as a GT-2 spec car! Maybe this effort could be refocused as a Jaguar Tata National project or something? link

L.P.
Old 2 Jun 2008, 14:07 (Ref:2217831)   #6
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Tata XK-F in GT2???
Old 2 Jun 2008, 16:06 (Ref:2217901)   #7
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
I saw that this morning and I had a look at there website and I noticed that the chairman of Silverjet is Peter Owen who has been seen for the last few years in the Chamberlain Synergy Lola's.
this could very well explain the lack of racing on chamberlain's part in the LMS this year then, i believe chamberlain only raced at barcelona and havent raced since.

peter owen i think also owns the lola B06/10 AER as well if im not im not mistaken.
Old 2 Jun 2008, 17:06 (Ref:2217960)   #8
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hugh Chamberlain implied that the reason for the absence of the car this year except for Barca and LM was funding-related, but not so much a shortfall of funds as a disagreement between drivers over who was paying how much. That sounds like it does not involve Peter Owen, who is not driving for the team at all, but Hugh was being understandably circumspect in what he said about the situation.
Old 2 Jun 2008, 18:33 (Ref:2218025)   #9
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Tata Jaguar/Land Rover deal finalized. link

L.P.
Old 3 Jun 2008, 10:01 (Ref:2218497)   #10
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
I'm off for a job interview now, to transfer engineering data from Ford to bespoke Tata systems. Should be gravy, seeing as I spent 15 years wrangling with WERS, and DB2 queries in Ford, extracting coding data...

Lets hope for good things for the folks at JLR in the UK?
Old 5 Jun 2008, 10:49 (Ref:2220362)   #11
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
P.S. I forgot to do this yesterday.

Thanks to the unkown Mod who corrected my finger trouble spelling the title!

I owe you one, whoever it was...

And the interview went well. Looking good. Only worry is, AM want somthing similar. Hmmmm?
Old 5 Jun 2008, 14:30 (Ref:2220551)   #12
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it possible for a team to take out insurance against a sponsor going bust?